- File Size: 3085 KB
- Print Length: 205 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Dreamspinner Press; 1 edition (April 5, 2017)
- Publication Date: April 5, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06XPBGVFR
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #49,031 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Leap of Faith Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Joel and Kieran have been partners at Joel’s father’s security firm, FireWorks Security, for the past four years. Always having each other’s backs in kidnapping, extortion and hostage situations. So when a mission goes awry leaving Kieran shaken, as his team lead and friend, Joel is there. On an outing to bring Kieran some ease everything changes when Kieran and Joel are thrust into events bigger than themselves that will require more than just instinct to survive.
Here in enter main characters and supporting cast (who get their moments just at the right time and place) that befit crime drama. Persona’s so well developed by Keswick that you KNOW whose speaking just by the WAY they speak.
- Of course Joel and Kieran....who deserve to be discovered.
- Joseph Weston – The owner of FireWorks who’s a hard as nails take no prisoner’s boss man but protects his people like no other.
- Dale – The caring, bemused, smart alec uncle.
- Dr. Marius – Experienced, hard-nosed, charming ex-Army surgeon with just the right experience and resources.
- Even FireWorks team players Cass, Hartnett and Rigby each have their own charm.
Plus gritty cop wit and sarcasm that keep this action packed thriller moving and the reader on the edge of their seat.
“Jes*%.” “No way. He doesn’t carry a silenced Smith & Wesson.”
“There’s a knack to pissing someone off so completely they keep trying to kill you. You clearly have that one down.”
“I’m gonna kill him. Slowly. With a tire iron and piano wire.”
Add to this scenes with picturesque writing and analogies so smooth you can’t help but savor every moment.
I found myself immediately charmed by Keswick’s talent. The ease with which she gradually displays how well Kieran and Joel know each other. A love of all things sweet, hating straws, how one may sleep wrapped around two pillows, knowing another’s demons will cause nightmares so staying awake to comfort them in their sleep.
Yet for the intimacy of this there is no overt, over the top desire or attraction displayed or confessed, which I found refreshing. Just a hint to the reader that they might desire the other, solely based on years of love and trust. After all partners who experience trauma together can become as close as a married couple regardless of attraction.
It’s this thrilling build-up that when they do finally hook-up is agonizingly discreet and mouthwatering all at the same time. So much like them it is perfect in its representation. Tantalizing seeds of what passion is to occur or has already taken place and it’s enough to get your heart racing without full on eroticism.
Even as the mission heated up and the op got intense, and I was breathless with anticipation, in the next heartbeat I was given a reprieve of humor or passion from this great ensemble cast. The fact that the intrigue builds into something bigger in' Leap of Faith' and paves the way for the next book, and perhaps another relationship, in this series has my pulse racing for what’s to come!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book is very fast-paced and action-filled, and the underlying suspense and intrigue painfully teases the reader, with answers always...Read more
This is one of those reviews that’s a little tricky, overall I did enjoy this story and the characters but there some challenges for me too.Read more
This book was a surprising little page-turner of a story. I was totally captivated from the start and was pretty gutted reading the last page because I wanted...Read more
Kieran and Joel have worked together for 4 years.Read more
and is also the 1st book I've read by this author
I'm not sure how I feel about this book, I love...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Private Investigators
- Books > Romance > Gay Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Private Investigators
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > LGBT > Gay Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Mystery