Spring Deals Automotive Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on July 31, 2013
When I placed this order, I was given the option to order two additional items also by Leap Frog for a great price (Count and Draw and the Scribble and Write). Since my grandson is only three we decided to only setup the Text and Learn first and save the other two for another event; birthday and Christmas. The device itself is a great teaching tool. The only downfall is there is no background light. Therefore while he plays with the device inside during the day, natural sunlight alone in our house isn't sufficient. We either have to take him outside or turn on a light near him. I am greatly satisfied with the price and I guess you get what you pay for. The device itself is excellent for a three year old who's just getting his first learning device but I wouldn't mind paying a bit more if it included a back light.
on November 4, 2014
i originally had purchased an older, used version of this you for my son, and it went through a LOT. After an accident that decommissioned the used toy, I decided to invest in a new one since he loves it SO much. Sad to hear the sounds are all fuzzy and muffled. Maybe it's just the one I got, but I'm 8 months pregnant and really don't want to have to go through all the trouble of sending this back of its just how these sound now. Plus I honestly don't think my son will care, it'll just drive me batty for a few weeks.
on December 24, 2010
Bought this for my 3 year old grandson and he immediately took a liking to it. He was so proud when he texted the character displayed on the screen. I bought this more because I though it would be a fun toy and the fact that it's made by Leapfrog and is also educational is an added bonus. I like that it also teaches the letters of the alphabet as you press them and sounds them out and gives a word example of that letter. It's a good way to learn and have fun at the same time. I think kids learn at their best when they don't even know that they're learning something but think it's just fun. There's a large variety of things this toy does, as stated in the description. I think it's a great toy for the price.
on December 15, 2010
My baby learned alphabet before he turned 2, thanks to this toy!

I got this for my baby when he was about 16 months old and he loved to sit in my laps and watch me press buttons and play with it. He would bring it to me asking to play because he was too small to even press buttons, I liked the fact that it can keep him engaged and I can do it with him. After a while he was showing me which buttons I have to press and I realized that he is really learning. I started asking him for a letters and he was sure enough showing me. He knew letters before he could say them or even press buttons! Before he turned 2 he could sit and play with it all by himself and figured out all of the games this toy has, he loves it. This toy is marketed for kids 3 and up, but it is a great learning tool for my 2 year old - the key is that you have to show to the kid what to do with it, everything is new to them, they will not be able to figure it out, we are talking babies here. This toy is a jump start to other computer games or toys or anything else.
on November 14, 2009
I bought this toy for my 21 month old grandson. Debated buying it after reading some negative reviews but since he loves Mommy and Daddy's blackberries figured how far wrong could I go? Well, this toy has been a big hit and is one of his favorite toys. It has a keyboard that is the same as Mom and Dad's. My concern was the poor display screen written about in other reviews but this doesn't seem to be a problem for him. He is young but is able to push letters and says the name of the letter and is so happy when he gets it right. As he gets older he will learn to do the other activities the toy offers. It has been a tremendous help in his learning to recognize the site and names of the letters. He loves the doggie -- we are now teaching him that the doggie's name is Scout. The toy holds his attention for longer than most toys and he keeps going back to it. This is the first Leap Frog toy that I have purchased but will now be a loyal customer of the company. It is a toy that is wonderful for the two year old (or slightly younger) and a toy that will grow with them.
on October 17, 2013
The games are good and the graphics and sounds are ok with a volume control, but the screen can be dark and hard to see in some light. The toy is very durable and the screen is nice and large. It is easy to use and understand. Lots of options for the kids to "grow" into, including games and "text messages", yet simple ones like the alphabet can be used at any age. Small and portable--great for car rides or the diaper bag.
on November 29, 2012
After doing a great deal of research online, I decided to get this item for our grand-daughter. I'm very happy with the purchase. Scout goes on missions and the child helps. He/she is learning while playing -- a win-win opportunity.

Our grand-daughter had to travel with her mother (by car) over long spans of time. This toy reduced our daughter's stress because her child was busy (instead of asking 'are we there yet?').
on June 24, 2015
2 stars because it's good quality. We got it for my 3y old. He was never interested in it. It's way to big to carry easily everywhere and the games are very boring. No way you will get back your ipad or smart phone back from the hand of your child with this toy. After 3 weeks we had it it got stollen and we never bought it again.
on June 29, 2011
We got this for our son when he was 1 year old. By 18 months he knew all the letters by name and shape, in various fonts and upper/lowercase and what sounds they made. Now he's 27 months and learning to read by putting the sounds of letters together. If you have nothing at all to do but sit down for hours at a time every day for months repeating flash cards of letters to your kids, you don't need this. But kids need lots and lots of repetition to learn this stuff and they just as happily do it at their own pace while sitting next to you.
on January 9, 2015
Great addition for your baby to learn ABC's. My 1 1/2 knows his abc song and can identify letters with flash cards randomly. I also work with him one on one everyday. Wish this toy was lit up though. That's why 3 stars. But still works. My baby loved playing with these toys with ABC's.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.