BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on November 4, 2014
i originally had purchased an older, used version of this you for my son, and it went through a LOT. After an accident that decommissioned the used toy, I decided to invest in a new one since he loves it SO much. Sad to hear the sounds are all fuzzy and muffled. Maybe it's just the one I got, but I'm 8 months pregnant and really don't want to have to go through all the trouble of sending this back of its just how these sound now. Plus I honestly don't think my son will care, it'll just drive me batty for a few weeks.
on November 14, 2009
I bought this toy for my 21 month old grandson. Debated buying it after reading some negative reviews but since he loves Mommy and Daddy's blackberries figured how far wrong could I go? Well, this toy has been a big hit and is one of his favorite toys. It has a keyboard that is the same as Mom and Dad's. My concern was the poor display screen written about in other reviews but this doesn't seem to be a problem for him. He is young but is able to push letters and says the name of the letter and is so happy when he gets it right. As he gets older he will learn to do the other activities the toy offers. It has been a tremendous help in his learning to recognize the site and names of the letters. He loves the doggie -- we are now teaching him that the doggie's name is Scout. The toy holds his attention for longer than most toys and he keeps going back to it. This is the first Leap Frog toy that I have purchased but will now be a loyal customer of the company. It is a toy that is wonderful for the two year old (or slightly younger) and a toy that will grow with them.
on July 31, 2013
When I placed this order, I was given the option to order two additional items also by Leap Frog for a great price (Count and Draw and the Scribble and Write). Since my grandson is only three we decided to only setup the Text and Learn first and save the other two for another event; birthday and Christmas. The device itself is a great teaching tool. The only downfall is there is no background light. Therefore while he plays with the device inside during the day, natural sunlight alone in our house isn't sufficient. We either have to take him outside or turn on a light near him. I am greatly satisfied with the price and I guess you get what you pay for. The device itself is excellent for a three year old who's just getting his first learning device but I wouldn't mind paying a bit more if it included a back light.
on December 15, 2010
My baby learned alphabet before he turned 2, thanks to this toy!

I got this for my baby when he was about 16 months old and he loved to sit in my laps and watch me press buttons and play with it. He would bring it to me asking to play because he was too small to even press buttons, I liked the fact that it can keep him engaged and I can do it with him. After a while he was showing me which buttons I have to press and I realized that he is really learning. I started asking him for a letters and he was sure enough showing me. He knew letters before he could say them or even press buttons! Before he turned 2 he could sit and play with it all by himself and figured out all of the games this toy has, he loves it. This toy is marketed for kids 3 and up, but it is a great learning tool for my 2 year old - the key is that you have to show to the kid what to do with it, everything is new to them, they will not be able to figure it out, we are talking babies here. This toy is a jump start to other computer games or toys or anything else.
on January 6, 2012
Overall, I think this is a great learning toy. Its a good size, not too big and not too small. Seems durable, but all that means is that my 3 year old hasn't found a way to break it YET. My only complaint on this item is the screen. Perhaps I received a bad item, but the screen on this is not very bright. There isn't a whole lot of contrast between the text and the background making it hard to see even in a very lit room. But the sound quality is good, but buttons easy to use, and overall, a good purchase.
on September 30, 2012
This product is great from an education point of view. The biggest problem with this product (and other Leap Frog products) is the lack of a back light (the light behind the digital screen). In certain contexts, it is impossible to use the toy. An example is in the car where sunlight is not guaranteed to come from sunlight or interior lighting might not be angled properly. Another example might be while going to bed with a late night learning session where you have purposely dimmed the room lights.

I would recommend against buying this product unless you can will never need to use it in low-light environments.

This same identical review is being used for the LeapFrog My Own Leaptop.
on June 21, 2013
We bought this for my three year old; we had to help her at first but when she got the hang of it, it has been a fun toy for her. It's not something that has kept her occupied for hours but we didn't hope for that. It's also quite compact to take in the car if your child wanted to.
on June 29, 2011
We got this for our son when he was 1 year old. By 18 months he knew all the letters by name and shape, in various fonts and upper/lowercase and what sounds they made. Now he's 27 months and learning to read by putting the sounds of letters together. If you have nothing at all to do but sit down for hours at a time every day for months repeating flash cards of letters to your kids, you don't need this. But kids need lots and lots of repetition to learn this stuff and they just as happily do it at their own pace while sitting next to you.
on November 1, 2009
I have 3 year old twins and this is a great little toy to remind them about all of the letters of the alphabet. It is very easy to use and understand. They keep them in their beds and take them in the car. It is also durable - they drop them all the time and the computers still keep working :)
The price is right - very inexpensive way to learn the alphabet.
on December 29, 2014
I thought this to be hard to see. I played with it with the child that it was intended for, and we both had a hard time seeing it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.