Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 4, 2014
i originally had purchased an older, used version of this you for my son, and it went through a LOT. After an accident that decommissioned the used toy, I decided to invest in a new one since he loves it SO much. Sad to hear the sounds are all fuzzy and muffled. Maybe it's just the one I got, but I'm 8 months pregnant and really don't want to have to go through all the trouble of sending this back of its just how these sound now. Plus I honestly don't think my son will care, it'll just drive me batty for a few weeks.
on November 14, 2009
I bought this toy for my 21 month old grandson. Debated buying it after reading some negative reviews but since he loves Mommy and Daddy's blackberries figured how far wrong could I go? Well, this toy has been a big hit and is one of his favorite toys. It has a keyboard that is the same as Mom and Dad's. My concern was the poor display screen written about in other reviews but this doesn't seem to be a problem for him. He is young but is able to push letters and says the name of the letter and is so happy when he gets it right. As he gets older he will learn to do the other activities the toy offers. It has been a tremendous help in his learning to recognize the site and names of the letters. He loves the doggie -- we are now teaching him that the doggie's name is Scout. The toy holds his attention for longer than most toys and he keeps going back to it. This is the first Leap Frog toy that I have purchased but will now be a loyal customer of the company. It is a toy that is wonderful for the two year old (or slightly younger) and a toy that will grow with them.
on July 31, 2013
When I placed this order, I was given the option to order two additional items also by Leap Frog for a great price (Count and Draw and the Scribble and Write). Since my grandson is only three we decided to only setup the Text and Learn first and save the other two for another event; birthday and Christmas. The device itself is a great teaching tool. The only downfall is there is no background light. Therefore while he plays with the device inside during the day, natural sunlight alone in our house isn't sufficient. We either have to take him outside or turn on a light near him. I am greatly satisfied with the price and I guess you get what you pay for. The device itself is excellent for a three year old who's just getting his first learning device but I wouldn't mind paying a bit more if it included a back light.
on January 6, 2012
Overall, I think this is a great learning toy. Its a good size, not too big and not too small. Seems durable, but all that means is that my 3 year old hasn't found a way to break it YET. My only complaint on this item is the screen. Perhaps I received a bad item, but the screen on this is not very bright. There isn't a whole lot of contrast between the text and the background making it hard to see even in a very lit room. But the sound quality is good, but buttons easy to use, and overall, a good purchase.
on September 30, 2012
This product is great from an education point of view. The biggest problem with this product (and other Leap Frog products) is the lack of a back light (the light behind the digital screen). In certain contexts, it is impossible to use the toy. An example is in the car where sunlight is not guaranteed to come from sunlight or interior lighting might not be angled properly. Another example might be while going to bed with a late night learning session where you have purposely dimmed the room lights.

I would recommend against buying this product unless you can will never need to use it in low-light environments.

This same identical review is being used for the LeapFrog My Own Leaptop.
VINE VOICEon December 30, 2010
My niece couldn't get enough of this thing in the store, so - Christmas gift it was! She loves it - she loves listening to the dog or whatever tell her what to do. I like it because the sounds and talking aren't annoying, plus she's learning where letters are on a qwerty keyboard. Cheap too, for what you get. You don't need cartridges or need to plug it in. It's a sturdy thing - just grab and go.
on June 21, 2013
We bought this for my three year old; we had to help her at first but when she got the hang of it, it has been a fun toy for her. It's not something that has kept her occupied for hours but we didn't hope for that. It's also quite compact to take in the car if your child wanted to.
on June 29, 2011
We got this for our son when he was 1 year old. By 18 months he knew all the letters by name and shape, in various fonts and upper/lowercase and what sounds they made. Now he's 27 months and learning to read by putting the sounds of letters together. If you have nothing at all to do but sit down for hours at a time every day for months repeating flash cards of letters to your kids, you don't need this. But kids need lots and lots of repetition to learn this stuff and they just as happily do it at their own pace while sitting next to you.
on November 1, 2009
I have 3 year old twins and this is a great little toy to remind them about all of the letters of the alphabet. It is very easy to use and understand. They keep them in their beds and take them in the car. It is also durable - they drop them all the time and the computers still keep working :)
The price is right - very inexpensive way to learn the alphabet.
Top Contributor: Coloringon December 29, 2014
I thought this to be hard to see. I played with it with the child that it was intended for, and we both had a hard time seeing it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.