Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Color: Green|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,009 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,291 reviews
on November 24, 2014
BEWARE! The current version DOES NOT have connectivity!!! I purchased this for my son in 2012 for the same price and he continues to enjoy it. It speaks his name - as well as the names of family members when he checks his "email". This version does NONE of that. You can type the name in - but it does not speak it. WHAT A SHAME. The previous version was so much better. Note that all the rave reviews are OLD!
22 comments| 156 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 24, 2017
I am so happy I went ahead and ordered this for my 2 year old.... it is a total hit with her & she plays with it daily.

I was a little skeptical because I was not sure she would like the black and white screen and the fact that the recommended age is 3 and up.

Well☺ she likes the screen and it is really easy for her to use even at 24 months . One of the games has pictures of animals on the screen and asks the her to find the letter on the keyboard that the animal word starts with and she actually is getting about 80% of them correct.

She loves her own leaptop! It also has 26 fun critter animations and she likes pretending to exchange emails with scout and violet.

This is helping to teach her the alphabet, spell her name, learn letters and animal names - plus has sing along with 16 songs and melodies.

I am giving this 4 stars instead of 5 because I feel the screen is not bright enough.

I have also included a photo and hope you have found my review helpful*☺
review image
on February 6, 2015
While I found this item to be smaller than what I thought it was, it functions are very nice.

Pros
Hit a letter in alphabet mode and it says the phonic sound of the letter and then gives an example of it. ( A for apple, Ah sound etc.)
Messages mode gives a different saying with each letter.
song mode, sings a couple song and has melodies for other songs.
Screen was very clear and easy to see.
Product feels durable and like with other leap frog products seems to be made to with stand being dropped.

Con's
If you want this computer to stop your child from wanting to play with yours, it lacks a mouse and will probably do what you hope for.
smaller than expected, although I am sure it was advertised for that size and I just did not pay attention to it.

Conclusion,
Great buy, the price is much lower than what I expected and for parents that work with their child on learning this is another great alphabet tool to add to the collection.This laptop sings the ABC song, has phonics for sounding out letters and most importantly it is durable. If you have purchased other laptops with digital screens like the discovery laptop, you will be much happier with this screen it was very clear and easy to see at all angles.
on March 5, 2017
Pretty good, but not what I hoped for. I guess you get what you pay for. My only real isssue is they didn't even try to google an animal that begins with X. I'd rather my kid learns an obscure bird or fish that starts with X than mis-learn that Ox begins with X. Stupid.
on January 28, 2016
This is not the same Leaptop as before. You can only type in the child's name. Gone are personalizations such as email choices, music choices, and interaction with child's name. The old one would say your child's name when it was turned on, sing a song with the child's name, emails could be personalized to be from Grandma, a person's name, and so forth. The old one was much much much better, yet the reviews for the new product are reviews from the prior product which is very misleading. This was the 3rd Leaptop I purchased and I planned to keep purchasing one for each Grandchild's 2nd birthday, but will no longer purchase with this new model. So disappointing.
on April 11, 2016
I've actually purchased this toy twice now! It engages the kids while being somewhat educational and it isn't completely annoying if you are sitting there having to listen to it. There are a variety of little activities to keep the little ones engaged and distract them from wanting to play on my computer, at least for a bit. They can learn animals, letters, and a few other simple things. My 2 and 5 yr old were equally entertained by it.
on December 18, 2016
This was a gift for my 1.5 year old son. At first he just pushed buttons and I didn't think he was really paying any attention to what he was doing until after a couple months I noticed he was answering the animal picture games on the first try! He also leaned to recognize and say all the letters before he was 2! It ended up breaking when my 9 month old spilled liquid on it so I ordered another one right away because I want my 9 month old be able to learn with this computer also. It has two loudness settings and neither is too loud. The voice is a clearly understood voice and not annoying at all. I would highly recommend this toy. The price is very decent for the results you will see!
on May 10, 2012
First off, we have many LeapFrog products and love most of them, this is not one we love.

I ordered this from Amazon because it was depicted in ALL the pictures as having lowercase letters. The description never specified upper or lowercase, but the pictures were all the same. Since my daughter knows all her uppercase letters, I specifically ordered this Leaptop for the lowercase. Amazon did let me return the 1st one, telling me it was an error. They promised lowercase letters on the replacement. Of course, they were NOT lowercase. Amazon promised to look into the matter and correct the description. They did make the product unavailable for a few days, but I can't see how they corrected it. :(

We did keep it despite the letters because it was for my daughter's birthday and I thought she'd still like it. (She LOVES the LeapFrog Letter Discovery). My daughter will NOT play with this Leaptop. We gave it to her early so at 22 months she was well beyond this toy.

There are NO games on this toy. This is important because that's what kept my daughter so interested in the LeapFrog Letter Discovery toy. On that toy she was asked by Scout to find certain letter in a certain amount of time. When she mastered this, Scout started giving her letter sounds (I credit Scout for teaching her all her uppercase letters and about half of the letter sounds by the time she reached 20 months old). BUT the Leaptop has no such games.

I thought the Leaptop would be customizable with the games. I also thought I would be able to track her progress on these games (something in the description lead me to believe that). But since there are no games to track, there is no tracking.

Connecting the Leaptop to your computer sounds good... but its just a hassle. All you do when its connected is input your child's name so the machine can greet him/her. You select pre-programmed emails to send to your child (basically "I love you. Love Mom). And you can pick ONE sing-a-long song from the short list. And a couple songs with no singing. In my opinion, I think the machine should play all the sing-a-long songs! What a hassle to have to plug it into your computer to switch songs!

What do I like?
I like the personalized song. It will sing and spell your child's name. My daughter really likes this.
I like that it has an animal mode. Pushing different letter buttons tells her about different animals. (but I must note, that it doesn't really hold my daughter's attention.)

Summary: This item is not as described. There are no games. It does not hold my daughter's attention. I recommend The LeapFrog Letter Discovery toy instead. I do this that my daughter would have enjoyed this toy when she was younger, maybe 12-18 months because that's the age that she just loved pushing buttons. Now she wants to play a game.

I also recommend the Chat and Count Phone from LeapFrog. My daughter loved it from 17 months- present. Its great for the diaper bag for use in waiting rooms and restaurants. And the LeapFrog Counting Candles Birthday Cake for 12-18 months.
on January 15, 2014
My 23 month old has been very into letters since just before Christmas. I wanted something a little more portable than his leapfrog magnet game so I got him this. When it arrived I opened it to check it out and was disappointed that it did not seem to have a game where it would ask the child to identify a letter. I thought the e-mail game was pointless and then animal game (it shows an animal in stages and asks what letter the animal starts with) showed pictures, but I have yet to be able to discern what the animals are making the game somewhat point less. I contemplated returning the item, but after considering the return shipping costs vs the cost of the item I decided to just suck it up and give it to him. This is where it gets the four stars, my son loves to play with this toy. He loves letters so that gives this game an in I guess. I find that it is a bit too loud for my liking, but he seems to like it well enough. My older son will be 4 soon and he has not shown any interest in this toy at all. I kind of thought he would show an interest because it is similar to a computer in Super Why which he loves, but no interest at all.
on April 29, 2016
My toddler loved this to.. It worked fine for about three weeks and then the audio was so low you could not hear it anymore. Thinking it was the battteries, I changed them but it did not make a difference. I am sorely disappointed, but since she keeps trying to playing with him and is getting so upset when it does not respond, I am planning to buy the pink version hoping I will have better luck with it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.