Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Color: Green|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,927 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,198 reviews
on November 24, 2014
BEWARE! The current version DOES NOT have connectivity!!! I purchased this for my son in 2012 for the same price and he continues to enjoy it. It speaks his name - as well as the names of family members when he checks his "email". This version does NONE of that. You can type the name in - but it does not speak it. WHAT A SHAME. The previous version was so much better. Note that all the rave reviews are OLD!
22 comments| 125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 16, 2016
Item was not as described, doesn't have the features they claim it to have. I don't keep toys unless they are good ones because I hate toy clutter ( you know the toys your kids pick up and put back down within seconds and it just becomes clutter instead of a toy) so I will be sending this back

*Okay so that was my original review. But I never got around to sending it back soooo it was wrapped and put under the Christmas tree anyway and I guess I can eat my words because my son loves it. He has the leap frog phone that is super awesome already so when he saw the leap top he was stoked. He is 3 and a half and just starting to understand that there are abcs and things so he likes to play with it. We did a bunch of traveling the week after Christmas and he played with it for the almost 3 hour car ride up and back the majority of the time. He grabs his leap top and his phone and plays "office" with them. His older cousins enjoyed messing with the thing as well. I'm talking 5, 9, and 11 year olds. I wasn't pleased that some of the features weren't as impressive as described but my son doesn't care. He likes it. A great toy for car rides or chill time. The volume had two levels and the lower level isn't annoying in the car. I'm tempted to buy another for my almost two year old to have for car rides, we travel a lot and I'm not ready to go for utter zombie children with a DVD player in the car yet so this is a good alternative. Overall I can't believe I'm saying it, I would recommend to a friend. It is small, has staying power(meaning he will play with it for good chunks of time) and it doesn't annoy the tar out of me so there you go, buy it. And especially buy the leap frog phone too, that thing is the best toy phone on the market right now. These two paired together are awesome, the leap top covers alphabet, the phone covers numbers and counting and is actually surprisingly more impressive then expected.
on March 5, 2017
Pretty good, but not what I hoped for. I guess you get what you pay for. My only real isssue is they didn't even try to google an animal that begins with X. I'd rather my kid learns an obscure bird or fish that starts with X than mis-learn that Ox begins with X. Stupid.
on March 4, 2017
The Leaptop's sound stopped working less than two months after purchase. So, I unscrewed the bottom and opened the Leaptop to check that the speaker wires were still attached, which they were. Then, I contacted LeapFrog and was told that because I opened the Leaptop, this voided the warranty. The warranty states that if the item is "damaged by attempted service", it voids the warranty. Clearly, the damage was not caused when I opened the Leaptop...it was already not working!!! So, this is the kind of "help" you can expect from "Customer Service" at LeapFrog if anything goes wrong with their product - they will blame you for the problem instead of their inferior product!
on June 3, 2015
Be cautioned: although this toy has the same name, it does not have the same functions as the Leaptop from 3 years ago. The older version, which my 5 yr old daughter still loves and which I bought 3 of for nieces and nephews was much better because it had real personalization features. The old Leaptop came with a USB cable and was easily programmed from the Leapfrog site. The old one would greet the child by name at power-on and had 3 emails you programmed with content and sender which the Leaptop would read aloud and print, i.e. "you have an email from Uncle Jimmy. "Sydney, I love you very much. Love, Uncle Jimmy." You could program 3 different messages and senders. Also the Leaptop fully integrated the child's name in a spelling song when the letter button of the first initial was pushed. My daughter still loves hearing Violet address her by name and pretending to email back and forth with 3 of her actual relatives.

The current Leaptop I just received (a gift for another niece) is so lame! No USB; simply a "parent mode" that lets you spell the child's name. Then the Leaptop doesn't even say the name! It just spells it and never says it! No customized emails. That's it. The old one even let you choose pronunciation options for names so that the toy would pronounce names like "ann-drea" or "ahn-drea" correctly! The new one is pretty much not customizable at all. I'm very disappointed that Leapfrog ruined what was such a great toy and a great way to stay present in the daily life of your special little people you may not see everyday. This is just a generic alphabet game now. Very sad.
on January 17, 2017
This toy is a waste. We've had two (both of which must have bad electronics as the batteries leaked) and in their drive to have the letters identify animals... have Ox for the letter X??? Why not just do X-Ray? There were some other really strange letter/animal combinations.

We returned it due to faulty electronics TWICE... don't waste your time or money. There are LOTS of other options for similar products.
on May 11, 2015
This laptop is great for the value. My two year old loves the many different songs, and sounds it plays. It has 4 different "modes" so he can do four different things. One for music, one for games, one for "email", and one for ABC that teaches the sound, look, and gives a word or animal for each letter of the alphabet. He got a different vtech laptop when he was 6 months old and I think he outgrew that one since it was more or less just playing songs and making different sound effects, so this one is more age appropriate for him and he will probably still be able to use it for the next couple of years.

It is a little loud, but there are two volume settings and he just insists on having the loudest one on (2 year olds, right?) but that's okay. It is also small and compact so it easily fits in his diaper bag or small backpack that he likes to carry.
on July 10, 2016
My daughter received it as a birthday gift and really liked it. So much so that I bought it as a gift for a friend's son. Unfortunately, some of the alphabet keys stopped working within a couple of months and same with the paw button. Given the fact, we only let her use it sporadically, I found the product quality questionable at best. I guess it's cheap enough where people may not care for it to last long. Personally, I would've rather have something that costs a bit more but lasts longer than a couple of months.
on July 19, 2016
My son loved this computer/leaptop and it was great for the first 2.5 months. He used it regularly and always under adult supervision so there was no rough play or dropping the leaptop. Currently we have owned this item for 4 months and the audio no longer works, which is one of the biggest perks of this item. I am passed the allow return policy window and Leapfrog has only given me a suggestion to clean out the battery compartment and insert new batteries but this has not helped. I would have thought Leapfrog's quality would have been better but I guess I was wrong. I now have to search for another brand for replacement.
on February 10, 2017
I bought this way too soon for my baby but I think she will really like it when she is old enough. She just kind of throws it around for now. I agree with other reviews that the screen is pretty bad and can barely be seen in some lights. I also personalized it with her name but don't see the point like other reviewers mentioned because it doesn't say her name or reference the personalization in any way that I can remember. My baby loves to bang on my Mac so I was hoping she could do the damage on this thing instead but she only like the real thing right now. Once she gets older I'm sure she will love that she has her own keyboard.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.