Truck Reviews HPC Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on November 12, 2011
There's not a ton to do on this learning toy but it does help with counting and learning numbers and how to draw them. I worry about the durability of that strange film-slide-erase-thingy that I grew up with.. I didn't think they were still around after 20+ years.

What's important is that my son does still play with it daily after 2 weeks since his birthday. He already knows his numbers but he needs to learn to draw them a little better and this does the job.

I'd recommend, plus it's inexpensive.
28 people found this helpful
on August 22, 2014
Does what it's supposed to do. My daughter didn't really use it as much as expected and the pressure has to be pretty hard in order to stay in place. I think something with a touch screen that more clearly shows the results of the child's input would be a better choice. With that said, it's pretty durable so it's a nice option for kid's that are tough on toys. String could be a bit longer to make it easier to use.
on December 26, 2012
I bought this for my nephew for Christmas. As soon as he opened it, he could not put it down. It's a great way for young kids to learn to write. For the price it is an excellent value.
It works similar to an etch-a-sketch. The pen uses a magnet to write on the screen, then when you're finished the slider at the bottom clears the screen. Smaller children may need help with instructions on how to use it, but they will pick it up quickly.
Great product and wonderful value.
on November 2, 2013
my grandson loves this leap frog count and draw. he hasn't put it down since he got it for his birthday. it is a great learning toy for counting and the alphabet. he is learning and improving in printing his letters and numbers. it was a great deal for 3 toys. I checked out other places here at home and found this to be the best buy for the three toys. would recommend this toy for every little boy or girl.
linda
on January 23, 2013
The 'screen' that you write on with the pen hardly works. I thought it would be of better quality. You write and the 'writing' practically disappears unless you are applying a lot of pressure. This isn't really the best tool for teaching actual writing skills as you don't want your child to learn to 'press hard' to write something later on unless necessary. I thought the screen would be more digitized or maybe magnetic, but it isn't.

The theory and method of having them learn the numbers is good, but the quality is cheap and I wouldn't recommend this product.
One person found this helpful
on July 18, 2013
This is a cute toy. Its like a mega doodle butvthe plastic one. You do what the toy says and draws a number and then you press the paw to be done then it will tell you to clear your work and press another number and the light in the back tell you how to draw that particular number and to trace over the lights to help write it . My 3 b year old really likes this along with I the alphabet one.
on November 25, 2016
When my son was in pre school at his daycare they mentioned he was having trouble learning numbers so I bought this. He really enjoyed tracing over the numbers.
on December 27, 2011
This was an excellent buy and I recommend it to anyone! My 3 yr. old just loves this and the one with letters. She has used it enough that she even talks with it when it is telling her to draw the numbers, etc. She gets hours and hours of fun from this and she is learning, too! Not only does it teach numbers, counting, and writing, but she is honing her motor skills, as well, by tracing. This toy is great and I think every child should have one as a gateway to writing and practicing motor skills. My daughter could count long before we got her this toy, but for a child who doesn't count, yet, this would be a very useful tool! All in all I think this is brilliant and I'm so glad we bought it!
It is also a very useful distraction when we are out or doing things that would bore a child. This is perfect for long waits in Dr. offices, etc. and the volume control is really useful for this, too, so you don't disturb the people around you. The loud setting really is very loud, and a bit obnoxious, but my daughter knows how to change it, so she always sets it to low.
Perfect!
2 people found this helpful
VINE VOICEon February 4, 2013
He is loving this, and it is helping him coordinate his skills. His mother is very happy with this gift as well, as it makes learning something he looks forward to.

Well made, sturdy and definitely recommended. The price is right at Amazon too as compared with the major toy store offerings.
on November 4, 2011
This LeapFrog Count and Draw is a great product for the price. As an elementary principal, we purchased these for "take home" enrichment use, and they are holding up well. Great product, thanks LeapFrog!
23 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.