LeapFrog Letter Factory Phonics
|Price:||$104.99 + $6.89 shipping|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 26 singing letters bring the alphabet to life Based on the award-winning Letter Factory DVD, little learners place letter tiles in the "factory" to hear songs that teach the corresponding letter names and sounds
- Utilizes a system that is supported by teachers and has helped more than 7 million children practice phonics in a fun way and based on total sales of LeapFrog Fridge Phonics toys as of December 2011
- Tactile play with the individual letter tiles helps reinforce the curriculum
- Letter Factory Phonics is appropriate for children ages 2+ years
- Parents can connect to the online LeapFrog Learning Path for customized learning insights and ideas to expand the learning
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The LeapFrog Letter Factory Phonics teaches letter names and sounds in a fun, interactive way. Appropriate for children who are at least two years old, this learning toy lets little learners to place the 26 letter tiles of the alphabet in the factory to hear songs that teach the corresponding letter names and sounds. With its tactile play, amusing songs, and convenient portability, the Letter Factory Phonics provides an engaging way for your child to build early literacy skills at home or while traveling.
to life! View larger.
Musical Tiles Talk, Teach, and Sing
Based on the award-winning Letter Factory DVDs (sold separately), the Letter Factory Phonics introduces children to the alphabet through the Alphabet Song and hands-on play. When children insert one of the 26 letter tiles into the battery-powered Letter Factory reader and press it into place, the unit plays a song about the letter and sound. Moving the letters into and out of the reader not only helps children learn their ABCs, but also helps develop fine motor skills.
An additional button atop the unit allows children to hear the Alphabet Song, reinforcing what they've learned. For added convenience, a sliding switch allows the user to set the volume to the desired high, low, or off setting. The Letter Factory Phonics will automatically shut off after 15 seconds of inactivity to conserve battery power.
Designed for Easy Portability and Storage
The compact size of the Letter Factory Phonics makes it ideal for home use, at school, or on the road. The lightweight, detachable Letter Factory reader sits snugly atop a plastic pail that doubles as a storage unit for the 26 letter tiles. For easy transport, the pail has a bright yellow handle printed with the letters of the alphabet.
Singing Letters Bring the Alphabet to Life
Using the Letter Factory Phonics is a fun and simple way for children to learn the alphabet. Children as young as two years old should have no problem placing the letter tiles into the factory and pressing the button for play. While children will enjoy the playful songs and phonics, parents will appreciate the unit's portable, storage-friendly design.
What's in the Box
LeapFrog Letter Factory Phonics reader, storage pail, 26 letter tiles, three AAA batteries, and instructions.
At a Glance:
- Letter tiles and songs teach children phonics
- Placing tiles helps children learn fine motor skills
- Plays the Alphabet Song at the touch of a button
- Offers high, low, and off volume settings
- Bucket design is portable and easy to store
- Two years and up
- Three AAA batteries (included)
Top Customer Reviews
1) Good quality
2) Fun sounds/music
3) Really work well to teach children the letters and the sounds they make
4) Bucket is nice for storing the toy
1) I actually prefer the Fridge version. My 5 and 6 year old boys and now my 15 month old baby all have played with it a ton on the fridge in the last few years. I credit it with really helping them learn their letters and sounds. And the batteries have lasted FOREVER. It's nice for them to play with while I'm in the kitchen.
This bucket version is pretty much exactly the same as the old Fridge version that we have, but it doesn't stick to the fridge. Because of that, I can imagine they will probably lose some of the letters. But the music, the way it works, and the quality are otherwise the same as our old version, so that's why I gave it 4 stars. I hope this helps!
Short version is he loves it. The age range says 2+, which is probably a little more fitting (little guy is 13 months adjusted and has a hard time getting the letters into the slot without assistance, although he's perfectly able to take them out.) He likes to push the button so the letters will talk, and he LOVES the yellow button that sings the alphabet -- he'll sing along (in nonsense babbles, super-cute) and does that bouncy dancing thing that babies do.
It's already endured some smacking with a mixing spoon and seems to hold up to it just fine. It doesn't "feel" flimsy or anything like that; he's a little young for this toy but the short version is it seems durable, it's cute, it works, and he already enjoys what he can manage to do with it.
And the letters make a pleasing (to him) sound when he bangs them together, which he's already done plenty of. Extra win.
I had the original magnetic version for my older two, we loved it! So I ordered this set, I actually thought I might like it better since it came with a "case" instead of having to have a magnetic board for her(stainless appliances are non-magnetic). The quality is NOT the same! These are cheapy plastic letters and while they perform the same functions, they just don't feel the same. I gave my first children's set to a family friend a few years back and now I am wishing that I didn't.
So while I truly appreciate the educational value of this product and use it everyday with my daughter, the old saying holds up...sometimes new and improved is not so improved. We would've preferred to pay an extra $10 and get the "old/non-improved" version for sure!
However, if I was a first time mom or a first time user of the product, I might not be quite so critical, I just know what they used to be...and it wasn't this cheap plastic that I have now.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I love everything from Leap Frog and this one is no exception. Highly recommend.Published 5 months ago by Tammy A Overton
Buy the leapfrog fridge magnet set if you dont have a stainless steel fridge (the magnets will scratch it otherwise). Read morePublished 6 months ago by Christopher F.
Worked perfectly... We love, love, love everything Leapfrog. Started on the movies and went to the Leapfrog tag and Leapfrog pen book readers and now have pretty much anything... Read morePublished 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
Not a fan for $50. The letters fit with the fridge phonics toy but are not magnetic so that's all you can do with them. It would be fine if it were $20. Waste of money.Published 6 months ago by Twin Mom
I think this product is overrated. It's decently made but definitely a one trick pony. The music and soundtrack is annoyingly repetitive and the sound quality is poor. Read morePublished 6 months ago by John & Annie