Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only $29.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on November 16, 2013
We purchased this for our daughter for her second birthday, last week, and she loves this! She has played with it LOADS over the last week - every day. All of our kids (even as old as 7 yrs) love this, and they have played with this tons each day. Our 2 yr old has used it as it is intended, as well as coming up with creative ways to play with it (i.e. using the top piece as a phone). Our son enjoys using the base to "scoop" the letters up, and they all enjoy the songs and rhymes on it...this was an excellent choice for our daughter and we're glad we discovered it in time! I highly recommend. The only downside is that Tad doesn't sing the alphabet correctly on it...he sings the whole thing until the end, but doesn't do the ending that everyone knows "next time won't you sing with me" part...other than that, it's a great toy and has entertained four kids all week...also, I am now hearing my baby saying the letters and sounds they make, so definitely educational...
on November 26, 2017
This is a great product for introducing letters and sounds to your child and to help them learn. It has quite a few features, since it makes multiple sounds for the letters that can be sounded differently depending what would they're used in, and has a cute song for each letter. It also sings the alphabet. The volume switch is a nice feature for parents as well, since it can be turned off completely, or set to low or high volume.
on April 24, 2014
I bought this for my 18 month old daughter to help her start learning her alphabet. She really likes the top part of the toy which plays music and says what noise each letter makes when you plug the letters into the little opening on the lid. However, the lid does not stay on the bucket unless the handle is raised (pretty much never). Apparently it's a great deal of fun to dump all 26 letters out all over the floor over and over again (well fun for an 18 month old - not a grown up). I am finding the letters everywhere - under furniture, in the toy box, inside other toys - you name it. So it's a bit of a hot mess right now. Oh, and the letters do NOT feel good when you step on them. So overall it's a good toy that she likes and she enjoys pressing the yellow button and hearing the ABC song (over and over and over and over again). But I think I will have to put it away until she is a little older and gets over her "I like to dump everything out on the floor" phase. Might be best for a child at least 24 months or older.
on December 27, 2013
The Letter Factory helped me teach all 3 of my kids to read, and now that I have another toddler in my life, Leapfrog was my first thought when it came to a Christmas gift for him.
My kids had a similar toy to this, but it was magnetic. The letters and the letter holder all stuck to the fridge. This version includes a bucket to put the letters in and the letter holder is also the lid. I will say, the letters are not as solid as the ones that came with the magnetic set. I expected this from reading other reviews though. They appear to be sturdy enough though. We had it out with the little guy on Christmas day and he was wearing tennis shoes on my wood floor and sometimes accidently stepping on the letters he had scattered on the floor, and they did not appear to be in any danger of being damaged. He enjoyed the letter songs and the ABC song as my kids did a dozen years or so ago.
on January 7, 2016
Worked perfectly... We love, love, love everything Leapfrog. Started on the movies and went to the Leapfrog tag and Leapfrog pen book readers and now have pretty much anything Leapfrog. I always tell family get them anything that can help them to learn. I always have Leapfrog stuff in the back of my head when I say this. That being said I was disappointed to find when I bought 3 of these to plaster the fridge with that they were not magnetic like the previous one I had bought. Keep this one to put in my daughter's crib though. She loves the ABC song sung by Leap. We have had this for a couple years now and it's still runs great.
on February 3, 2014
This toy did not disappoint at all. I made the purchase for my 21 month old. His motor skills are improving every time as he is getting more letters into the compartment by himself, and he now knows some letters of the alphabet after playing with it for three months. He does not play with it everyday, so the fact that approximtely 4 out of 7 days he would play with it, yet now knows letters in the alphabet, is just superb to me! I cannot say how grateful I am for the volume control it has!! people who make toys without volume control are crazy!! so i'm happy to know that there are sane people in this word...lol.
All in all, this toy - maintains my child's interest
- teaches him not only the letters of the alphabet, but the sounds of the alphabet
- plays the alphabet song in a very catchy rhythmic fashion
- has volume control
- has been thrown and tossed and still functions perfectly
- came packaged lightly and neatly (mine had in its battery)
- can be easily cleaned.
I would definitely recommend and have already did. My sister bought it for a 15 month old, and though younger than my child, he is interested in this toy too!!
on May 9, 2014
So you may love these if you never used or bought the fridge ABC set.

I used to own the magnetic set and they were quality and great! Held up for many kids throughout my family and ended up at my sisters house... so I thought I'd be kind. I let her keep them and bought a "replacement'... WRONG!

These are cheaply made and horrible in comparison. The lid doesn't like staying on and the plastic pieces are hollow and feel like they cost one cent to make the whole set! I hate these!
on December 2, 2014
What a horribly noisy toy that teaches my kid his letters for me.

What a horribly entertaining toy that my son won't stop playing with.

What a horribly useful toy. now my son knows his letters and won't stop saying them all the time.

What a horribly painful toy when you step on them in the middle of the night because your son left them out and won't let you put them away before bedtime.

What a horribly wonderful educational device disguised as a toy.

We love it.
on January 13, 2015
Not bad for a learning toy, but not super interesting. I bought this for my kids for Christmas, thinking it would help my youngest with letters and pronouncing. I think it would have done this, if the kids had actually wanted to play with it. They weren't super excited with it or wanting to play with it. They lost all the letters shortly after since the lid didn't stay on very well. I think it would have been better if it was a little more interactive, such as being able to create words.
on February 3, 2014
I think this is so great for both my kids (ages 2 and 4) to learn letters and sounds (My oldest is more focused on the sounds, and my youngest is more focused on letter recognition). I have them take turns picking a letter, then guessing what sound it would make, and seeing if they were right. They think it's a fun game. I also like how it has correct letter sounds if there is more than one sound for a letter, like "g", or "e". It would be nice if there was a way of putting the letters through a slot in the lid after it was used, so they could go back into the container. But, all in all, this a great learning toy. My sister, who is a Kindergarten teacher, thought this was such a great idea for Pre K and Kindergarten learning.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.