Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $7.57 shipping
+ $7.77 shipping
LeapFrog My Pal Scout
|Price:||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details & FREE Returns|
|You Save:||$5.11 (20%)|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Teach Scout your child's name and favorite things for personalized learning in 15+ activities
- Listen along to 40+ learning songs, melodies and lullabies, for active daytime fun and nighttime soothing
- Teaches first words, feelings and emotions, colors and counting
- Connect Scout to your smart phone, tablet or computer for easy personalization while he's still in the box
- This cuddly pal is recommended for children ages 6-36 months
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
A Cuddly, Interactive Puppy
My Pal Scout is easy to personalize right in the box with your smartphone, tablet or computer so he’s ready to play right away. Scout teaches first words, feelings and emotions, counting and colors. He also features a lullaby timer with 5, 10 or 15 minutes of bedtime music.
- PC: Internet Explorer 9.0+, Chrome (latest version) or Firefox (latest version)
- Mac Computer: Safari 5.0+, Chrome (latest version) or Firefox (latest version)
- iOS: Safari 5.0+ or Chrome (latest version)
- Android: 4.0 Browser or Chrome (latest version)
Easy to Personalize
Connect Scout to your smart phone, tablet or computer for easy personalization – even if he’s still in the box.
Learns Your Child's Name
Teach Scout your child’s name and he’ll spell it with your child.
Includes 40+ Songs
Sing, play and move along to upbeat melodies and learning songs. Then, get ready for sleep with gentle lullabies.
Explore more than 15 learning activities that you can personalize with your child’s favorite animal, food and color.
|Sing & Snuggle Scout||Learning Friends 100 Words Book||Scout's Learning Lights Remote||Learn and Groove Shakin' Colors Maracas||Sit-to-Stand Learning Walker (FFP)||Chat and Count Emoji Phone - Green|
|Additional Toys to Consider||Sing and Snuggle Scout is an interactive puppy that talks and sings while you're on the go.||Discover new vocabulary with fun learning friends! Touch the words on each page to hear the animals introduce every word in both English and Spanish.||Find learning fun on every channel as little ones explore more than 65 songs, tunes and audio responses with Scout.||Your little musician will love to shake things up with the Learn and Groove Shakin' Colors Maracas!||The Sit to Stand Learning Walker by VTech is an activity learning toy for babies and toddlers. This interactive toy walker provides hours of learning fun for your infant.||Pick up the phone, it’s Scout! Chat with Scout, learn about numbers, watch cute animations and add emojis similar to a real smartphone.|
|Recommended Age||6-36 Months||1.5-4 Years||6-36 Months||6-36 Months||9-36 Months||1.5-4 Years|
Snuggle up to learning with a true best friend! My Pal Scout is the lovable puppy who can learn your child’s name and favorite things, for personalized daytime learning and nighttime comfort. Sing, play and move along to more than 40 songs and melodies. Personalize the learning in 15+ activities by teaching Scout your child’s favorite food, animal and color. Scout will even help your child spell his or her name! My Pal Scout is easy to personalize, right in the box, with your smart phone, tablet or computer, so he can say your child’s name the very first time they meet! Designed for little ones ages 6 months to 36 months, My Pal Scout teaches first words, feelings and emotions, counting and colors. He also features a lullaby timer with 5, 10 or 15 minutes of bedtime music, a blinking collar and volume control to help little ones transition to quiet time.
IN NO EVENT, REGARDLESS OF CAUSE, SHALL DeeGee's Emporium BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER ARISING UNDER BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER BASED ON THIS AGREEMENT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Compare with similar items
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Puppy
LeapFrog Learning Friends 100 Words Book, Green
VTech Wiggle and Crawl Ball,Multicolor
LeapFrog My First Learning Tablet, White and green
LeapFrog Scout's Learning Lights Remote, Great Gift For Kids, Toddlers, Toy for Boys and Girls, Ages Infant, 1, 2, 3
|Shipping||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details||FREE Shipping on your first order. Details|
|Item Dimensions||10.50 x 9.50 x 6.50 inches||7.99 x 11.02 x 12.01 inches||9.40 x 9.20 x 1.90 inches||6.46 x 6.46 x 6.97 inches||1.40 x 6.83 x 7.89 inches||2.50 x 5.06 x 9.13 inches|
|Item Weight||1.43 lbs||1.00 lbs||1.52 lbs||1.43 lbs||0.75 lbs||4.96 ounces|
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
My replacement started acting funny. Youd put to play music for ten minutes itll only play for like 5 then stop.. Its not saying his name right anymore either. =(
1) It doesn't just talk, Scout/Violet says your child's name, puts their name into songs, and engages the child on a personal level. As soon as my kids realized it was talking to them they would laugh and try to make it do it again. It is still their favorite feature.
2) You can further personalize the Scout/Violet to sing/talk about your child's favorite animal, food and color. The pup uses these favorite things in silly songs. Warning: they are catchy and you will get them stuck in your head!
3) When your child changes, so does Scout/Violet. Anytime the favorites change you can just set the pup to match. The cord to plug it into your computer (USB) is housed right in the back of the pup. Once upon a time the cord was not attached. Be thankful it can't get lost with these newer models.
4) It plays "Bedtime Music" to which you can decide how many minutes it will play. My kids don't sleep to music so we've never used this feature officially, but they still like to press the paw and turn it on and off and on and off and on and off.
I would recommend this to babies 6+ months up to 2 years. My daughter is almost 4 and still plays with hers, but she's really too old for it now.
Top international reviews
It also seems to be poorer quality as the name on the collar started to rub away almost immediately whereas my daughter's still looks perfect 3 years later.
Scout is incredibly easy to set up just plug the headphone jack into your phone or laptop, go to the webpage supplied on the paperwork and input your child's name, favourite colour, animal and food. You do have to sign up with an e-mail address but this is a very quick process and also they only have set names so if your child has an unusual name the chances are it won't be there, you can choose a nickname but again these are set names such as princess, sweetie pie and champ or you can ask Scout to spell your child's name instead. Favourite food, colour and animal all also have to be selected from a list, once set up you can sign back into your account, plug in the headphone jack again and change if your child's preferences change.
Scout essentially has three settings - phrases, songs and night time songs. Scout's phrases are things such as 'can you think of something blue? I'm thinking of the sky' although he doesn't really leave enough time for your child to answer. The night time mode plays calming music for bedtime and the songs setting sings nursery rhymes and songs such as 'The Wheels on the Bus'. Scout's badge lights up when he is talking so it catches your child's attention and there are two volume settings so you can have Scout on the 'quiet' setting if you wish.
My baby hasn't yet figured out that you need to press Scout's paws for him to talk but he loves that Scout sings to him and recognises his name when Scout talks to him so coos along, he also loves to chew Scout's ears. Would recommend to anyone.
This is a fantastic toy - it's educational toy. I can honestly credit scout with teaching my son how to spell his name at 18 months old!
Unlike some musical toys which can take a while to figure out what each button does this is quick to work out as around a year old my son was able to press the buttons for what he wanted - game, song, bedtime music & off button. (But he rarely wants it off!)
The bedtime tunes are soothing and can be set for 2, 5 or 10 minutes.
Scout is a polite puppy too that says please and thank you though my son repeating 'please may I have a dog' still hasn't worked on us!
Scout is a firm favourite in our house and we have ordered a Violet for my 2.5 year old son's little sister as I don't think Scout will be leaving his room anytime soon.....
The USB cable that comes with Scout is incredibly short and I would recommend a second mini USB cable if you do not already have one for another computer peripheral. The customization process was straight forward and we had him done quickly. My only complaint is that you have to create a user account and the Internet is required but that's a minor compliant since Scout ships able to be interactive without being customized. Additionally, Scout has volume control on his battery box and is not obnoxiously loud even on his highest volume
Scout is very, very soft and even with the battery box in his trunk, the puppy's body is soft and cuddly. My son spends a lot of his play time with Scout hugging him and petting him.
Scout has three main features - Play games, Sing Songs, and Night Songs (the fourth paw is on and off):
- The Play Games paw just chatters with your child. Asking him what his favorite color, animal and food is - Scout and Baby have the same ones after you program them. Scout also makes animal noises, talks about feelings "I feel happy, show me your biggest smile!" and engages your child in direct dialog.
- The songs Scout sings are cute and the choices you make when customizing show up in the songs he sings. Poor technical integration is shown when any of the customized items appear in the songs - Scout sounds like he has a speech problem because the tamper and inflection of the customized objects does not match the song being sung. Also, the only music you can customize in this section is elevator music. I would like to see songs with words, more known children's songs (very surprised not to see "Baby Beluga") or the ability to add your own music to Scout.
- The Night Songs paw is pretty cool. You click it once and it does 5 mins of the "night" music you choose when customizing continuously. Press it again, you get 10; once more and you get 15. Although our guy doesn't have problems sleeping, it might be a nice touch if your little one has some problems sleeping or being alone in the quiet.
If you are looking for a chatty puppy - Get Scout or Violet.
You can choose from a list of names with different spellings.
It will spell the name out in a song however, but I was disappointed in that aspect. Everything else is good, my daughter who is 5 months enjoys it more than my 2 year old.
In all honesty I cant really fault this although the only thing I can say that’s not as great is the battery pack is quite difficult to put in place due to the size of it and size of the gap. It took 2 of us and we eventually did it but it was a bit of hassle and the little one wanted to see what his pressie was (:
Overall I would highly recommend this gift for a little one.
Only time I've struggled is the pronunciation of 1 name (I've bought 6 of these) for Mila - said Meelaa, but Scout only recognises as Myylaa. Not a major though as still loved it!
I like to personalise before giving as a gift for a special moment when they hear their name straight away!
Still great toy for small kids
we really only use the songs and sleepy music button at the moment but sure she will use the others as she grows.
Highly recommend this product for a baby! The only downside is the songs get stuck in my head!
Very soft and snuggly. Easy to use. My one year old simply loves it. Definitely recommend.
Bedtime music is a nice way to let baby know bedtime is coming soon.
Some of his songs and phrases are really cute
Ability to program him to know baby's favorite color, food, etc.
He can be programmed to sing a song about your baby that contains your baby's name. However, of your baby has a name that's I'm any way unusual, this won't work! He will instead spell the name.
Def a great toy to get for your little monsters but search about as even on amazon it has a massive price difference from a variety of online sellers.