Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "LeapFrog My Pal Scout” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 6% off the $24.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $5.49 shipping
LeapFrog My Pal Scout
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Download your child's name and favorite things to this cuddly customizable puppy, Scout (Internet connection required)
- Listen to any of 5 pre-loaded songs, 4 learning songs and 3 playful melodies or select music from an online list of 30 songs (Internet connection required)
- Press Scouts paws for lullabies, learning songs and activities with numbers, animals, food and more
- Parents can connect to the online LeapFrog Learning Path for customized learning ideas and insights from LeapFrog
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
A Cuddly, Interactive Puppy
My Pal Scout is easy to personalize right in the box with your smartphone, tablet or computer so he’s ready to play right away. Scout teaches first words, feelings and emotions, counting and colors. He also features a lullaby timer with 5, 10 or 15 minutes of bedtime music.
- PC: Internet Explorer 9.0+, Chrome (latest version) or Firefox (latest version)
- Mac Computer: Safari 5.0+, Chrome (latest version) or Firefox (latest version)
- iOS: Safari 5.0+ or Chrome (latest version)
- Android: 4.0 Browser or Chrome (latest version)
Easy to Personalize
Connect Scout to your smart phone, tablet or computer for easy personalization – even if he’s still in the box!
Learns Your Child's Name
Teach Scout your child’s name and he’ll spell it with your child.
Includes 40+ Songs
Sing, play and move along to upbeat melodies and learning songs. Then, get ready for sleep with gentle lullabies.
Explore more than 15 learning activities that you can personalize with your child’s favorite animal, food and color.
|Chat & Count Smart Phone||Learn & Groove Musical Table Activity Center||Scout's Learning Lights Remote||Letter Factory Leaping Letters|
|Additional LeapFrog Toys to Consider||Sing along to songs about counting and explore more than 15 phone activities.||Turn up the sounds of learning fun with the Learn & Groove Musical Table Activity Center.||Find learning fun on every channel as little ones explore more than 65 songs, tunes and audio responses with Scout.||Kids can practice matching skills, the alphabet and more with an adjustable timer, color-coded letter pieces and extra activity cards.|
|Recommended Age||18-36 Months.||6-36 Months.||6-36 Months.||3-6 Years.|
Now with embroidered paws! Give learning a personal touch with this soft, cuddly green puppy named Scout! Scout connects to the computer so you can customize the music and personalize the learning with your child's name and favorite food, animal and color. Scout comes with 5 pre-loaded songs, or you can select and download your choice of learning tunes and lullabies from an online list of 30 songs.* Press a paw to play music, learning songs or games! Parents can connect to the online LeapFrog® Learning Path for customized learning insights and ideas to expand the learning.*Internet connection required to personalize Scout with your child's name and favorite items or to change songs. Learning Skills:- First words- Daily routines- Early number sense- Feelings and emotions- Animals
Compare to similar items
This item LeapFrog My Pal Scout
LeapFrog My Pal Violet B001W35I8I
LeapFrog My Talking LapPup (Scout) B00804BCK0
LeapFrog Read with Me, Scout B00CG0CKVE
Exclusively for Prime members
Exclusively for Prime members
|Sold By||Imagine Toys!||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Quidsi Retail LLC|
|Item Dimensions||9.5 x 10.5 x 6.5 in||11 x 6.75 x 10.5 in||7.48 x 2.34 x 5.6 in||10.19 x 9 x 11.5 in|
Top Customer Reviews
He's 19 months. We've had it for at least a year. I don't think he's ever played with it. We have the Laugh and Learn puppy, which he doesn't play with either. He does play with a singing Brobee doll, so it must be something about these dogs (maybe fakeness / a bit creepy)?
Scout has a power button on his right foot. You can customize him to say your child's name, his favorite animal, food, color (you pick from a list and they don't have every name).
Pressing the music button on his right paw, he plays "Rise and Shine", "Let's sing a song about me and my friend ____", "Wheels on Bus", "Pat A Cake", "I like (animal)...", "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Old MacDonald" and a handful of songs with no words.
His left paw (I guess activities?), asks questions such as "I'm feeling silly, make a silly sound", "Can you think of something blue?", "My favorite animal is ____; what's yours?
Lastly, his bottom left paw plays 5 minutes of sleepy time music.
Maybe my son will start liking it when he's able to talk? But so far, no love for this or the other talking dog.
1) It doesn't just talk, Scout/Violet says your child's name, puts their name into songs, and engages the child on a personal level. As soon as my kids realized it was talking to them they would laugh and try to make it do it again. It is still their favorite feature.
2) You can further personalize the Scout/Violet to sing/talk about your child's favorite animal, food and color. The pup uses these favorite things in silly songs. Warning: they are catchy and you will get them stuck in your head!
3) When your child changes, so does Scout/Violet. Anytime the favorites change you can just set the pup to match. The cord to plug it into your computer (USB) is housed right in the back of the pup. Once upon a time the cord was not attached. Be thankful it can't get lost with these newer models.
4) It plays "Bedtime Music" to which you can decide how many minutes it will play. My kids don't sleep to music so we've never used this feature officially, but they still like to press the paw and turn it on and off and on and off and on and off.
I would recommend this to babies 6+ months up to 2 years. My daughter is almost 4 and still plays with hers, but she's really too old for it now.
However we bought another for my third child for Christmas. I was very careful to get exactly the same item, however when it arrived it was labeled as a "new" model of Scout, even though Amazon did not advertise it as such. "Ooh, new = better" I thought when it arrived. Not so. While we were still able to customize my child's name, a favorite food, and a favorite animal, it no longer allows you to choose the songs! Why they would remove this feature, I cannot imagine. My son was deeply disappointed that his siblings were able to choose and change the music line up, while he is not. We considered returning it, but he is a very sensitive child and felt Scout might be sad if we sent him back, and so we kept it.
The way to tell the difference is that the "New" version (where you can not change songs) transfers information through an audio jack, while the older, better version uses a USB cable. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell which version Amazon will send you. So, if choosing the songs is important to you, you might want to head to an actual store so you can verify which version you are getting.