LeapFrog My Pal Violet
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Personalize the pup with your child’s name! Personalize this snuggly interactive puppy with a tablet, smart phone, or computer for learning fun with a true friend. Includes 3 AA batteries.
- Connect Violet to your smart phone, tablet or computer for easy personalization while she’s still in the box. Teach Violet your child’s name, and she will say it and spell it with your child.
- Explore more than 15 learning activities that you can personalize with your child’s favorite animal, food and color. With 40+ songs available, sing, play and move along to upbeat melodies and learning songs, and get ready for sleep with gentle lullabies.
- Snuggle up with 5, 10 or 15 minutes of lullabies, set at your choice of volume levels. Children can learn colors, counting and first words, and explore feelings and emotions with a new best friend. Skills learned include counting, colors, feelings & emotions, and words & phrases.
- My Pal Violet introduces a variety of early learning concepts from numbers to routines and music. As a loyal learning buddy, Violet prompts kids to interact with her socially and encourages them to talk and sing along to build early language skills.
- Download your child's name and favorite things to this cuddly customizable puppy, Violet (Internet connection required)
- Listen to any of 5 pre-loaded lullaby tunes, 4 learning songs and 3 playful melodies or select music from an online list of 30 songs (Internet connection required)
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
A Cuddly, Interactive Puppy
My Pal Violet is easy to personalize right in the box with your smartphone, tablet or computer so she’s ready to play right away. Violet teaches first words, feelings and emotions, counting and colors. She also features a lullaby timer with 5, 10 or 15 minutes of bedtime music.
- PC: Internet Explorer 9.0+, Chrome (latest version) or Firefox (latest version)
- Mac Computer: Safari 5.0+, Chrome (latest version) or Firefox (latest version)
- iOS: Safari 5.0+ or Chrome (latest version)
- Android: 4.0 Browser or Chrome (latest version)
Easy to Personalize
Connect Violet to your smart phone, tablet or computer for easy personalization – even if she’s still in the box!
Learns Your Child's Name
Teach Violet your child’s name and she’ll spell it with your child.
Includes 40+ Songs
Sing, play and move along to upbeat melodies and learning songs. Then, get ready for sleep with gentle lullabies.
Explore more than 15 learning activities that you can personalize with your child’s favorite animal, food and color.
|Chat & Count Smart Phone||Learn & Groove Musical Table Activity Center||Scout's Learning Lights Remote||Letter Factory Leaping Letters|
|Additional LeapFrog Toys to Consider||Sing along to songs about counting and explore more than 15 phone activities.||Turn up the sounds of learning fun with the Learn & Groove Musical Table Activity Center.||Find learning fun on every channel as little ones explore more than 65 songs, tunes and audio responses with Scout.||Sing along to songs about counting and explore more than 15 phone activities!|
|Recommended Age||18-36 Months.||6-36 Months.||6-36 Months.||3-6 Years.|
LeapFrog My Pal Violet
Compare with similar items
LeapFrog LFC19157 MY PAL VIOLET 6-36 MONTHS
LeapFrog My Talking LapPup (Violet)
LeapFrog Read with Me, Scout
Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Puppy
LeapFrog Violet's Learning Lights Remote - ONLINE EXCLUSIVE Pink
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Ashland Pacific, LLC||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||6.75 x 11 x 10.5 in||6.75 x 11 x 10.5 in||2.34 x 7.48 x 5.6 in||9 x 10.19 x 11.5 in||11.02 x 7.99 x 12.01 in||2.1 x 1.2 x 6.5 in|
|Item Weight||1.1 lbs||1.65 lbs||1.2 lbs||2.49 lbs||1 lb||0.5 lb|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) NO CHEST HEARTS. They have removed the button on the chest, which contained most of the "feelings." That's the button that is pressed when you hug Scout/Violet, and now when you hug it, nothing happens.
2) NO CUSTOMIZABLE SONGS. With Scout, we had the option to choose from several different songs, including Christmas songs. The new version doesn't give you that option. You're stuck with whatever songs come by default.
3) NO USB CORD. This is actually a good thing, since you don't have to look for a USB cord to customize. Instead, you plug the attached cord into your phone or computer's headphone jack. This is probable the only improvement in the new version.
4) LARGER BATTERY PACK. The new version's battery pack is larger than the old version's, and it's harder to stuff into the toy's back. And when it's in, it's easier to feel, making Violet less enjoyable to squeeze. After 2 years, Scout's back velcro is wearing out a bit, and I imagine that the new version will be even less durable since there's more pressure on it. The velcro opening is actually larger in the new version, but it just opens higher up on Violet's neck, though the battery pack is too large to fit in that space.
Still, it's a fun toy, but I'm disappointed that Leapfrog would change the product for the worse.
For example, the Leaptop used to let you customize it to say the child's name and send them three emails with three special messages from three custom people. For example, it would say "Hi, Sally. You got an important email from Aunt Lucy. It says, 'I miss you so much when you are away. Love, Aunt Lucy.' Do you want to reply?" or something like that. You got to pick the relation, the name, and the message. It was a great toy. Now they don't let you add a darn thing, and they still charge the same price for it! I was so bummed when we replaced my daughter's after she spilled juice on it just to learn taht it didn't do anything custom anymore.
Anyway, back to this toy. It is the same issue. They changed what you can do with it. And my child's name wasn't on the list, even though it is in all the baby name books. They could let you record yourself saying the name, if nothing else. Or let you build it from pre-recorded individual letter sounds. But maybe that is asking too much from a $10-20 toy. That's fair. But my opinion stands that this model is not as good as the old model, so if you are buying a replacement, lower your expectations.
I was pleasantly surprised when my daughter's Violet arrived and I was able to set it up on my phone before even removing the packaging. It literally took 45 seconds!
Unlike the original "my pal" toys, the new design does not make you choose only a handful of songs. I assume it is because the newer toys have more memory and larger harddrive. The older version of the "my pal" Scout/Violet only allowed up to 10 minutes of bedtime music, the new design doubles that time.