Save Big On Open-Box & Used Products: Buy "LeapFrog My Pal Violet” from Amazon Open-Box & Used and save 29% off the $20.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all offers from Amazon Open-Box & Used.
LeapFrog My Pal Violet
|Price:||$21.75 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Personalize the pup with your child’s name! Personalize this snuggly interactive puppy with a tablet, smart phone, or computer for learning fun with a true friend. Includes 3 AA batteries.
- Connect Violet to your smart phone, tablet or computer for easy personalization while she’s still in the box. Teach Violet your child’s name, and she will say it and spell it with your child.
- Explore more than 15 learning activities that you can personalize with your child’s favorite animal, food and color. With 40+ songs available, sing, play and move along to upbeat melodies and learning songs, and get ready for sleep with gentle lullabies.
- Snuggle up with 5, 10 or 15 minutes of lullabies, set at your choice of volume levels. Children can learn colors, counting and first words, and explore feelings and emotions with a new best friend. Skills learned include counting, colors, feelings & emotions, and words & phrases.
- My Pal Violet introduces a variety of early learning concepts from numbers to routines and music. As a loyal learning buddy, Violet prompts kids to interact with her socially and encourages them to talk and sing along to build early language skills.
- Download your child's name and favorite things to this cuddly customizable puppy, Violet (Internet connection required)
- Listen to any of 5 pre-loaded lullaby tunes, 4 learning songs and 3 playful melodies or select music from an online list of 30 songs (Internet connection required)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
From the manufacturer
A Cuddly, Interactive Puppy
My Pal Violet is easy to personalize right in the box with your smartphone, tablet or computer so she’s ready to play right away. Violet teaches first words, feelings and emotions, counting and colors. She also features a lullaby timer with 5, 10 or 15 minutes of bedtime music.
- PC: Internet Explorer 9.0+, Chrome (latest version) or Firefox (latest version)
- Mac Computer: Safari 5.0+, Chrome (latest version) or Firefox (latest version)
- iOS: Safari 5.0+ or Chrome (latest version)
- Android: 4.0 Browser or Chrome (latest version)
Easy to Personalize
Connect Violet to your smart phone, tablet or computer for easy personalization – even if she’s still in the box!
Learns Your Child's Name
Teach Violet your child’s name and she’ll spell it with your child.
Includes 40+ Songs
Sing, play and move along to upbeat melodies and learning songs. Then, get ready for sleep with gentle lullabies.
Explore more than 15 learning activities that you can personalize with your child’s favorite animal, food and color.
|Chat & Count Smart Phone||Learn & Groove Musical Table Activity Center||Scout's Learning Lights Remote||Letter Factory Leaping Letters|
|Additional LeapFrog Toys to Consider||Sing along to songs about counting and explore more than 15 phone activities.||Turn up the sounds of learning fun with the Learn & Groove Musical Table Activity Center.||Find learning fun on every channel as little ones explore more than 65 songs, tunes and audio responses with Scout.||Sing along to songs about counting and explore more than 15 phone activities!|
|Recommended Age||18-36 Months.||6-36 Months.||6-36 Months.||3-6 Years.|
Now with embroidered paws! Give learning a personal touch with this soft, cuddly purple puppy named Violet! Violet connects to the computer so you can customize the music and personalize the learning with your child's name and favorite food, animal and color. Violet comes with 5 pre-loaded songs, or you can select and download your choice of learning tunes and lullabies from an online list of 30 songs. Press a paw to play music, learning songs or games! Parents can connect to the online LeapFrog Learning Path for customized learning insights and ideas to expand the learning.
Manufacturer: LeapFrog Enterprises, Inc
Manufacturer Part Number: 19157
Manufacturer Website Address:
Brand Name: LeapFrog
Product Model: 19157
Product Name: 19157 My Pal Violet
Product Type: Learning Toy
Skill Learning: Animal
Skill Learning: Color
Skill Learning: Food
Skill Learning: Number
Skill Learning: Name
Skill Learning: Song
Recommended Age: 6 Month to 3 Year
Dimensions: 11" Height x 10.50" Width x 6.70" Depth
Weight (Approximate): 1.85 lb
Compare to similar items
This item LeapFrog My Pal Violet
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Sage Source||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Nozlen|
|Item Dimensions||11 x 6.75 x 10.5 in||9.5 x 10.5 x 6.5 in||13.7 x 7.8 x 8.5 in||8.8 x 5.5 x 7.45 in||6.97 x 7.48 x 3.63 in|
|Item Weight||1.5 lbs||0.61 lb||2.2 lbs||2.13 lbs||1.28 lbs|
Top Customer Reviews
1) NO CHEST HEARTS. They have removed the button on the chest, which contained most of the "feelings." That's the button that is pressed when you hug Scout/Violet, and now when you hug it, nothing happens.
2) NO CUSTOMIZABLE SONGS. With Scout, we had the option to choose from several different songs, including Christmas songs. The new version doesn't give you that option. You're stuck with whatever songs come by default.
3) NO USB CORD. This is actually a good thing, since you don't have to look for a USB cord to customize. Instead, you plug the attached cord into your phone or computer's headphone jack. This is probable the only improvement in the new version.
4) LARGER BATTERY PACK. The new version's battery pack is larger than the old version's, and it's harder to stuff into the toy's back. And when it's in, it's easier to feel, making Violet less enjoyable to squeeze. After 2 years, Scout's back velcro is wearing out a bit, and I imagine that the new version will be even less durable since there's more pressure on it. The velcro opening is actually larger in the new version, but it just opens higher up on Violet's neck, though the battery pack is too large to fit in that space.
Still, it's a fun toy, but I'm disappointed that Leapfrog would change the product for the worse.
Very clever idea. I think the only drawback is that you actually have to connect the toy to the computer to change the data, which can be a little effort. They also have a fairly extensive list of names Violet will pronounce. Our baby's name was included, but I still wish that Violet could just sound out a name that isn't on the list.
There's a button for activity, which says things like "I'm feeling kind of sad, (child's name). Can you give me a hug?" Or "can you guess what I am, (child's name)?" Then it makes a sound of an animal.
There's a daytime music button, which plays more active music. There are a lot of fun ones that I have never heard before.
There's a nighttime music button, which begins by saying "*yawn* __ minutes of bedtime music. Goodnight (child's name)" then plays a series of soft music for 5, 10, or 15 minutes. You can change the length of time by pressing this button several times. Each time you press it, Violet will tell you how long the music will play.
Lastly, there's a power button. You can press this to turn Violet on or off. When it's turned on, Violet will say "hello (child's name)". If you leave Violet on for an extended amount of time, she will bark quickly several times and then turn off.
Some things I really like about this toy:
- The toy will alert you when the batteries are dying.
- The programming is very easy. You go to the website, answer the questions, plug in the cable to your phone, and you're ready to go! Easy peasy.
- Violet incorporates your child's name and interests in everything it does. Even the daytime music uses their name and interests.
My husband and I agree that this toy is one of the best toys we have. She gets bored with her other toys or she gets burned out after a while. Not with Violet. This dog is like her companion and she seems to be just as attached to it as she is to us. If you want a toy for your infant/toddler son or daughter, grand baby, niece/nephew, cousin, sibling, a friend's child, etc., you won't regret this purchase. We don't regret buying this thing one bit. It's a great toy and I really recommend it!!