Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

LeapFrog Chat and Count Smart Phone, Scout, Assorted Colors
Color: Scout|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on January 22, 2017
We bought this for our 2 year old for her birthday and it's her new favorite toy. It has cute sounds, (not too terribly annoying. 😜), and it teaches them their numbers in a fun way. No complaints with how it works, it seems super durable as well. We're very happy with it.
on May 15, 2012
My baby just can't enough of my cell phone so I thought I would give this a try before she destroys mine. Unfortunately it is no replacement for her wanting to play with my cell phone because the face nor the keys light up. If the screen and keys lit up I think it would have had a chance because it does have buttons and they have a nice button feel to them that she likes to press for a few minutes but she gets bored because it does not look like it is doing anything. In a dimly lit room you can't even see the monchrome graphics on the screen. I also thought from the description it might call and interact with her Violet LeapFrog dog(on of her favorite toys) but it doesn't. What it means by send of receive messages from Violet is that it plays pretend prerecorded messages from violet but the voice isn't even that great of a match. I am not saying I hate this toy or feel ripped off but I think LeapFrog(one of my favorite baby toy companies) would do well to make it so that the screen and keys light up. It it would be REALLY cool if it actually did send a RF or IR messages that wake Violet the dog up and respond in some way and would gladly pay the extra money for that feature. There is still totally room in the market for a good cell phone for baby's because I am quite sure my baby is not the only one who I have to pry mine out of her hand before she destroys it :)
10 helpful votes
11 helpful votes
on October 22, 2014
Leapfrog has a great reputation for 'young' learning. Since my 15 year old granddaughter used leapfrog when she was 2, I hoped this phone would be up with current trends, but it is not. However, it is sturdy, comes in an easy to open package which can then be conveniently reused for gifting the phone. Other than content, it is a great tool for fun.
on July 21, 2014
Pressing the numbers only does exactly that. It's simpler to hold for my one year old, but I suspect she will quickly grow out of it. The * and # button do other actions. This is not a bad toy, but personally I just think it's too simple to hold her attention for more than a month or so. I also got the VTech slide & play phone as a gift. That one is much harder to be held, but I suspect it will entertain the baby more in the long term.
on April 1, 2014
I can't explain my daughter's love of this phone. She carries it around everywhere though.

Backlit screen is nice, very simple operation, and perhaps she's even picking up some numbers. My daughter was OK with it at ages 13-14 months, but at 15-17 here, she is playing with it much more. I love it, because the reason we bought it was to distract her with 'her own phone' so she would leave mommy's and daddy's alone. She obviously still tries to play with our phones, but somewhat less now.
on January 12, 2012
This toy was my one special gift to my daughter who is 15 months for Christmas. I gave it to her with the intent of symbically letting her know Mommy is never more than a phone call away (a bit much, I know).

The Chat and Count Cell Phone is my daughters right hand. This toy is full of counting fun with great animation to better illustrate counting to young minds. She really get a kick out of Violet getting "Zero" puppy biscuits and it drives the point that zero means nothing home. I have also noticed that since playing with her new toy her manners have improved, before she said Hi and Hello and now she asks "How are you?", which for any parent is seen as a great accomplishment. I think this phone is adorable and so does my daughter. It well worth the money.
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on November 8, 2014
My 13 month old son loved this toy. The main problem I have with it is the screen cracked after 2 weeks of using it. I would think a child's toy would be able to withstand a little banging. My son didn't even bang it that hard.
4 helpful votes
on December 19, 2016
Bought this for my daughter when she turned one, and she liked it well enough, but my younger son absolutely loves it. He becomes absorbed with pushing the buttons and will happily play with it for long stretches, particularly when we bring it along for car rides. I highly recommend this toy for any baby, but especially those that love to push buttons and are always grabbing for the remote...it's a great swap for the remote!
on November 7, 2014
Our little boy, 13 months old loves this toy. Scout is one of his best bodies... We got it for him when he was 10 months old, but only now he really admires it, I think it's because he also got very attached to our tablet :) The songs are nice, graphics are funny... it's a nice little phone toy for a baby.
on October 23, 2014
I bought this for my 1 yr old, but by 3rd old loves it so much she hides it. She played with this for an hour straight! Very cute, easy to hold for both kids and easy buttons. The graphic is a little old school and could be better, but the kids don't care. I may need to buy another it is so popular.

***THREE YEARS LATER:
This thing is still kicking around and my youngest still plays with it and "calls grandma". Long lasting battery. It has held up to all sorts of abuse!
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.