Spring Deals Automotive Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

LeapFrog Chat and Count Smart Phone, Scout, Assorted Colors
Color: Scout|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on October 31, 2014
Great toy for my 6month old! She has played with this daily from age 6 months to 1 year (and still going). It matches really well with Violet (the interactive dog from LeapFrog) which she also has. Each number has it's own tone and is then followed by that number of something (bees, shoes, eggs, etc.) on screen with a little animation to go along with them. It also rings like a phone and lets your child answer.

Maybe the best part . . . it is absolutely indestructible! This has been dropped endless times from ~5ft up (holding her when she drops it) onto hardwood floors, launched down hardwood steps, smeared in applesauce, chewed on, etc. It may stop the sequence it is currently playing, but keeps on ticking when you press another button as if nothing happened. . . now why don't they make adult phones this well?
on January 9, 2015
I did FAR more research than necessary looking for a something I could give my 8 month old to satisfy his constant desire to grab my cellphone or remote controls. LeapFrog typically makes good products and this one is no exception.

CONSTRUCTION: Solid. At first I thought it looked too fat/deep like a really thick cellphone but its actually easier for my little guy to hold. I also liked that this design seemed the most 'drool-proof. Other than the holes for the speaker, which are recessed anyway, all the seams are pretty tight with very little room for a kid to jam food into. I don't really know what to say about the weight, its not heavy but feels solid enough in your hand to feel pretty rugged.

SCREEN: This has an actual green backlit LCD display. It's not a cellphone type display but the old-school dot-matrix style. The 8 month old has not complained. The puppy that is displayed (Scout) will visually reinforce the number for each button when pressed. Press 2 and Scout speaks the number, the number is displayed on the screen, and then two dog biscuits are displayed in sequence. Same goes for the other buttons. Scout will wave, sing, and visually interact with whatever function is being triggered. Many of the other toy phones I looked at didn't have actual screens, just translucent plastic overlays with 'buttons' printed on it. With those you would press the 'button' and a light would backlight the 'button' area. Kinda lame IMO.

SOUND: The sound on this is great... meaning that it isn't annoyingly loud! The high setting really isn't that loud, barely noticeable with TV or other background noise. The low is barely audible from across the room. And most importantly... it turns off silently when you switch it off. (I can't tell you how infuriating it is to have a toy that makes MORE noise when you turn it off!!!) Press the music button and Scout will sing with music for about 10 seconds

FEATURES: I was aware that this will connect with the LeapFrog Scout interactive puppy doll. I was just planning on using the remote alone but turns out a grandparent bought Scout as a Christmas present! However, I have not had a chance to set it up yet. Apparently when you press the phone button it will 'call' Scout and will interact with him. Probably a neat feature for toddlers/older babies.
on September 29, 2016
Every baby and toddler I know loves this Leap Frog counting phone. I bought it for my baby and 3 months later, she is still playing with it almost every day. She loves to press all the buttons, look at the moving images on the screen, and hold the phone up to her face and ear in imitation of mommy and daddy. Her older toddler friends who come over also play with it, and clearly engage more with it by singing and counting along. The phone itself is a bit heavy for a younger baby (my baby kept dropping it at 7 months, but can carry it firmly now at 10 months), the screen is black and gray (would be more fun if it was in color), and has two sound settings. The louder setting is clear and easy to hear. I like that it is a very portable toy I can just throw into my diaper bag. All in all, it was a good purchase for our family.
on April 6, 2017
I was thrilled to get a toy phone for such a good price. Usually when you find a phone in this price range, it doesn't really do anything but this phone lights up, plays music and talks to your child. Each button will do something different. There are also graphics that will come up on the screen. They are very simple and resemble images on old-school computers but my kids still enjoyed it. This was a Valentine's Day gift for my 1 year old and she was thrilled to get it. I bought it to keep her from taking Mommy and Daddy's phone and was pleasantly surprised when my 3 year old also loved the phone. We bought a second one. Great toy and great price.
on July 14, 2015
This is a great little play phone that my toddler does enjoy. The only thing I have to say that I don't enjoy about it is when she's left it on my bedroom floor and I accidentally step on it in the middle of the night. Resulting in the light blasting my eyes, and the noise going on which leaves me feeling startled. Even worse is that it'll just ring for a little bit to get your attention before giving up. Not exactly the best thing in the middle of the night. ;)

Other than the freaky 'mom is tired and this dang toy just went off' it's a great toy and I'm glad she enjoys it.
on August 7, 2015
This was a present for my one year old who loves things that light up and make sounds. He seems to enjoy it and has gotten plenty of play out of it in the last 6 months.
I expected it to come with more songs and features; it’s very basic in that sense.
The battery life on this phone is very long lasting; I haven’t had to change the batteries since purchase.
Overall a cute toy, not loud or annoying.
on January 9, 2017
My two and a half year old daughter was using anything and everything as a "cell phone" so I bought her this for Christmas. She didn't want to open any other presents after she opened it and takes it everywhere. There are two volume settings. The low one is just perfect, not too obnoxious for the adults in the room. I can't comment on the electronic features because she hasn't let me hold it long enough to figure it out!
on October 4, 2014
I bought this phone to replace a Fisher Price one my mom gave my 12 month old for her birthday, which I promptly lost in NYC when I was overtired from a long flight. Anyway, it's better than the Fisher Price one was (and a few dollars more expensive) and my baby likes it a lot. She likes watching the puppy (who is very cute). I think the super simple, retro graphics are silly and basic and there is no variation in what plays when you push the buttons but it's not made for me, it's made for a baby and the baby seems perfectly content until, that is, she sees anyone's actual cell phone (and she's a connoisseur, she prefers the iPhone because Siri is fun). Her love of other peoples' cell phones is why we got her a toy one in the first place but you can't expect her not to want what we are always playing with at this age. That said, she does play with the phone quite a bit.
on August 12, 2015
This is the second Scout phone that I have purchased. I had one for my first son, but my second son dropped it in the toilet. My 1-year old son asks for this toy every time we get into the car. The first version of this phone was more of an older style cell phone, so I like that this version is more like a smart phone. The musical tunes are upbeat and the counting sounds very clear. I like that the display screen counts and shows the number that he presses. It is an entertaining, educational toy. I am always impressed with toys that hold my kids' attention. It is a very durable toy if not completely submerged in water. It even survived my son chewing on it when he was younger and teething. Some of the other electronic toys will not survive the slobber like this one does.
on January 20, 2018
My 15 month old grandson LOVES this phone. It is a lifesaver for my son and I since he always makes a B-line for our cell phones. It runs on batteries and there are buttons to push to his hearts content. The buttons light up and play music and click on numbers and letters and talks to teach what they are. It also talks to him and says "it is glad he called" Sooooo cute! It seems really sturdy too. The plastic housing is nice and thick so it would survive being thrown across the room on a carpeted floor. Or stepped on by a toddler.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.