BCA Month Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

LeapFrog Chat and Count Smart Phone, Scout
Color: Scout|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on September 21, 2015
It came in a cute little box, so it made it look like the expensive iPhones you buy. It was a birthday gift so it was neat that my youngest son got to open the box and see a toy phone, like his older brothers past b-day. Where he got an iPhone and opened the box in the same fashion. So I just liked that idea about the product. It wasn't shipped in cheap plastic like most toy phones. My baby enjoyed playing with this phone, the animation is a bit hard to see in the sunlight all an all it does the job! It's very thick so it can get tossed about with out braking. Sadly, no fault of the product it was left in the rain and has issues now. It still makes the odd beeping, so it leads me to believe if it only got minamal wetness to it, and dryed out properly it would probley be fine.
VINE VOICEon November 19, 2014
I was hoping our grandson would go for this instead of my iPhone. He's only one but a little explorer. It worked for a while but it wasn't long before he was bored with it. About all it does are numbers and a song or two. He will pick it up periodically but still doesn't stop him from dialing my phone...
on January 22, 2017
We bought this for our 2 year old for her birthday and it's her new favorite toy. It has cute sounds, (not too terribly annoying. 😜), and it teaches them their numbers in a fun way. No complaints with how it works, it seems super durable as well. We're very happy with it.
on December 31, 2013
Our baby likes this item but she certainly hasn't given up snatching our phones out of our hands. I was hoping that she would find it a bit more interesting but it is cute and hopefully as she gets a little older she will learn to play with it a little better. I really love LeapFrog products but this one fell short of their normal outstanding standard. The My Pal Violet is only a little bit more than this item and has a lot more entertainment value (though clearly if you are looking for a phone that is no substitute.)
on May 15, 2012
My baby just can't enough of my cell phone so I thought I would give this a try before she destroys mine. Unfortunately it is no replacement for her wanting to play with my cell phone because the face nor the keys light up. If the screen and keys lit up I think it would have had a chance because it does have buttons and they have a nice button feel to them that she likes to press for a few minutes but she gets bored because it does not look like it is doing anything. In a dimly lit room you can't even see the monchrome graphics on the screen. I also thought from the description it might call and interact with her Violet LeapFrog dog(on of her favorite toys) but it doesn't. What it means by send of receive messages from Violet is that it plays pretend prerecorded messages from violet but the voice isn't even that great of a match. I am not saying I hate this toy or feel ripped off but I think LeapFrog(one of my favorite baby toy companies) would do well to make it so that the screen and keys light up. It it would be REALLY cool if it actually did send a RF or IR messages that wake Violet the dog up and respond in some way and would gladly pay the extra money for that feature. There is still totally room in the market for a good cell phone for baby's because I am quite sure my baby is not the only one who I have to pry mine out of her hand before she destroys it :)
on October 22, 2014
Leapfrog has a great reputation for 'young' learning. Since my 15 year old granddaughter used leapfrog when she was 2, I hoped this phone would be up with current trends, but it is not. However, it is sturdy, comes in an easy to open package which can then be conveniently reused for gifting the phone. Other than content, it is a great tool for fun.
on July 21, 2014
Pressing the numbers only does exactly that. It's simpler to hold for my one year old, but I suspect she will quickly grow out of it. The * and # button do other actions. This is not a bad toy, but personally I just think it's too simple to hold her attention for more than a month or so. I also got the VTech slide & play phone as a gift. That one is much harder to be held, but I suspect it will entertain the baby more in the long term.
on April 1, 2014
I can't explain my daughter's love of this phone. She carries it around everywhere though.

Backlit screen is nice, very simple operation, and perhaps she's even picking up some numbers. My daughter was OK with it at ages 13-14 months, but at 15-17 here, she is playing with it much more. I love it, because the reason we bought it was to distract her with 'her own phone' so she would leave mommy's and daddy's alone. She obviously still tries to play with our phones, but somewhat less now.
on January 12, 2012
This toy was my one special gift to my daughter who is 15 months for Christmas. I gave it to her with the intent of symbically letting her know Mommy is never more than a phone call away (a bit much, I know).

The Chat and Count Cell Phone is my daughters right hand. This toy is full of counting fun with great animation to better illustrate counting to young minds. She really get a kick out of Violet getting "Zero" puppy biscuits and it drives the point that zero means nothing home. I have also noticed that since playing with her new toy her manners have improved, before she said Hi and Hello and now she asks "How are you?", which for any parent is seen as a great accomplishment. I think this phone is adorable and so does my daughter. It well worth the money.
on November 8, 2014
My 13 month old son loved this toy. The main problem I have with it is the screen cracked after 2 weeks of using it. I would think a child's toy would be able to withstand a little banging. My son didn't even bang it that hard.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.