Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LeapFrog Count And Draw
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on November 12, 2011
There's not a ton to do on this learning toy but it does help with counting and learning numbers and how to draw them. I worry about the durability of that strange film-slide-erase-thingy that I grew up with.. I didn't think they were still around after 20+ years.

What's important is that my son does still play with it daily after 2 weeks since his birthday. He already knows his numbers but he needs to learn to draw them a little better and this does the job.

I'd recommend, plus it's inexpensive.
on November 16, 2011
My 4 year old son received this as a gift. He knows his numbers but needed practice writing them before starting kindergarten. This toy works better than any trace pad, it lights up behind the drawing area so my son learned each step the proper way and then could see his work after he was finished. He enjoys that he can see the number he has written without the dots underneath but like to have the dots as a guide. When he has finished there is positive reinforcement with fireworks or clapping and counting.
The toy has 3 modes. 1 for numbers, one to teach your child to draw shapes and then a game mode where it does some simple math equations. Overall this is well worth the price and can be used in the car or to keep your child entertained during an hour long basketball practice for their sibling :)
Only con I can think of is the sound. It's loud or really loud! I WISH companies would create a reverse sound button. My son automatically slides the on button all the way down IMO that setting should be the lowest volume and the middle setting the higher but oh well.
33 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2011
This LeapFrog Count and Draw is a great product for the price. As an elementary principal, we purchased these for "take home" enrichment use, and they are holding up well. Great product, thanks LeapFrog!
on January 11, 2012
I bought this as a gift for my 2 year old nephew and he loved it. He takes it with him every where he goes!
on March 30, 2012
This toy my Autistic grandson loved. It is durable and teaches at the same time.
I love Leap Frog products.
Thank you Amazon for bringing all these wonderful things to my door.
on January 18, 2012
I bought this as my grand daughetr's Christmas gift. It drew her attention rght away. My daughter said the little one has already started to recognize the numbers.
on January 23, 2013
The 'screen' that you write on with the pen hardly works. I thought it would be of better quality. You write and the 'writing' practically disappears unless you are applying a lot of pressure. This isn't really the best tool for teaching actual writing skills as you don't want your child to learn to 'press hard' to write something later on unless necessary. I thought the screen would be more digitized or maybe magnetic, but it isn't.

The theory and method of having them learn the numbers is good, but the quality is cheap and I wouldn't recommend this product.
on June 7, 2013
I earlier purchased the scribble and write from leapfrog and gave it a rave review but the count and draw has a surface you cannot write well on. As a parent I could not write properly as the writing was somewhat faint or would sometimes disappear after it initially appeared legible. So forget about my toddler son being able to write. I am not sure if I received a defective product or am I the only one bothered by this. Terribly disappointed!
on August 22, 2014
Does what it's supposed to do. My daughter didn't really use it as much as expected and the pressure has to be pretty hard in order to stay in place. I think something with a touch screen that more clearly shows the results of the child's input would be a better choice. With that said, it's pretty durable so it's a nice option for kid's that are tough on toys. String could be a bit longer to make it easier to use.
on January 2, 2012
This is absolutely amazing. great way for kids to learn how to write their numbers quickly and easily. So easy to take travelling as well. this is a must have for any parent.