Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 133 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 171 reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 18, 2013
How well was it received? Real world impression...
My son thoroughly enjoyed this Explorer game and didn't want to put it down! His eyes and mouth were smiling as he told me that he completed ALL of the Levels. I can tell you he has never been so excited over a Leap Frog Explorer game.

What does it teach?
This games focuses on teaching physical science, concepts of engineering regarding electricity, circuits, and basic machines. Some of the machines used are levers, screws and pulleys, wedges, and wheels. It also teaches math like multiplication, addition and subtraction.

Summary:
Part of the story line includes Phineas and Ferb building a water balloon launcher so they can cool off. It's a wonderful way to teach some great math and basic science skills while hanging out with one of my son's many favorite characters. Ages listed are 5-8 years, and Kindergarten to second grade.
on April 4, 2014
This is a really easy, fun, thinking game. Boy or Girl would love it. Free play allows the child to strategize what is the best object to use, and how would that object effectively finish the task at hand. My 5 year old mastered all 12 levels in one day. Even I an adult struggle a few times how to get through certain puzzles. The other part of the game is very fun for relax play but has at points where the child would need to do math problems inorder to keep going to the next step, and a few times would ask what object would you use to keep electric current flowing, and what to use to stop it. If your child does like phineas and pherb they are just going to loves this game even more, and if your child doesnt then they would still be intrigued by what this game has to offer. We really enjoyed playing this game!!!
on September 17, 2015
The price is awesome, these games are usually like $20 at the store. This game doesn't really seem to have any real educational value to me, but it seems fun for a kid.
on November 8, 2013
We purchased several Leap Frog games at the same time to go with my son's new Leap Pad. This one has been a definite favorite. He loves Phineas and Ferb, and this game holds his attention much longer than the other games. I also like that it goes up to age 8 and still challenges him a bit, because other games have become far too easy for him in a short period of time.
on March 22, 2017
Great game for my 7yr old
on August 5, 2015
There are several different games to play. In one, Phineas and Ferb drive around one of their creations while battling food-throwing robots that hurl meatballs and cheese sauce. To improve your craft, you do math problems. While my son has been reluctant and a bit grouchy about homework these days, he's all for figuring out addition, subtraction and multiplication if it means his robot car will have an inflatable bumper or a better water balloon launcher.
on June 2, 2016
We love Phineas and Ferb and this game didn't disappoint. My kiddo played for hours and didn't even realize how much he was learning. This is a win-win for parents and kids. They get the screen time they beg for, and I don't feel guilty letting him play, knowing he's learning in the process!

If my review was helpful, please click "yes"!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 2, 2015
The reason I did not give this game 5 stars is because my 4 year old finished this game in two days. I wish it would have lasted longer. On the hard math problems he just kept guessing and the game just allowed it... I helped him sometimes but it didn't seem to matter. He knew he just had to choose and he blindly did. I'd like to think he memorized a few math problems but not with any understanding, rather enough to just keep playing. Not sure it will translate into anything later on.

I bought this because we were going to be traveling by air to the Caribbean and then across country - a total of 9 flights within two and a half weeks and a number of hotel rooms. I was hoping for more levels and more challenge as this is labeled as a game for 5-8 year olds. When I say two days, I mean two travel days as he had his nose in the game for long periods of time due to travel.

Other than that, this game is excellent. It is educational, the characters are familiar and funny and I would recommend, with the caveat I have about all leap pad games: too few levels, too pricey at full price for what you get. Much better to get this on sale or used in my opinion.

And also, another bothersome problem that is similar for many leap pad games: constant reminder to the child that the parents need to download micro mods. Very annoying for adults. Get the kid earphones lol.
on February 25, 2016
My kids love this game. I originally bought it for my son because it was on his birthday gift wish list but my daughter loves it as much as he does. It is Very fun for them and works great! There has not been any mechanical problems with this game and they still enjoy playing it. They think Phineas and Ferb are the coolest!
on November 6, 2014
My 7 year old generally likes her explorer games but she finds this one a bit difficult. She can't figure out how to skip specific games and gives up on the first game because it is hard to navigate. I too find it hard to navigate but I have terrible hand-eye coordination when it comes to turning left/right on a screen. Because of this she hasn't given it much of a shot so I can't really speak for the educational value.