Industrial Deals Beauty Oprah's Book Club STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now toystl17_gno

Color: Violet|Product Packaging: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change
Price:$12.90 - $147.99

Showing 1-10 of 1,069 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,389 reviews
on December 7, 2015
I bought this because there were over 2000 reviews so thought it'd be something my child would love, if so many other people had it.

He's 19 months. We've had it for at least a year. I don't think he's ever played with it. We have the Laugh and Learn puppy, which he doesn't play with either. He does play with a singing Brobee doll, so it must be something about these dogs (maybe fakeness / a bit creepy)?

Scout has a power button on his right foot. You can customize him to say your child's name, his favorite animal, food, color (you pick from a list and they don't have every name).

Pressing the music button on his right paw, he plays "Rise and Shine", "Let's sing a song about me and my friend ____", "Wheels on Bus", "Pat A Cake", "I like (animal)...", "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Old MacDonald" and a handful of songs with no words.

His left paw (I guess activities?), asks questions such as "I'm feeling silly, make a silly sound", "Can you think of something blue?", "My favorite animal is ____; what's yours?

Lastly, his bottom left paw plays 5 minutes of sleepy time music.

Maybe my son will start liking it when he's able to talk? But so far, no love for this or the other talking dog.
on December 5, 2016
I have boy and girl twins, and we have a Scout and Violet for each of them. Actually we own 2 Scouts, because my son chewed on the foot of one Scout so much that it stopped working. I blame my son for that one. Drool and electronics don't mix, and we gladly bought a new one. I absolutely love the customization options, and both of my kids have gotten so attached to them that they are in bed with them each night.
on August 29, 2016
I love both the Leap Frog Scout and Violet. My granddaughters have had Violet for years and still love them. I bought Scout for my nieces one year old boy and he takes it with him everywhere.
This toy is made with quality craftsmanship. It's very durable. The fact that kids from 1-5+ love to play with it make it a great value in my book.
on March 16, 2016
Three of my four kids have had a LeapFrog My Pal Scout or Violet. Our first born would have had one but I don't think they were made back then. These little interactive toys are so great! Here's why I think your little ones will love them too!

1) It doesn't just talk, Scout/Violet says your child's name, puts their name into songs, and engages the child on a personal level. As soon as my kids realized it was talking to them they would laugh and try to make it do it again. It is still their favorite feature.
2) You can further personalize the Scout/Violet to sing/talk about your child's favorite animal, food and color. The pup uses these favorite things in silly songs. Warning: they are catchy and you will get them stuck in your head!
3) When your child changes, so does Scout/Violet. Anytime the favorites change you can just set the pup to match. The cord to plug it into your computer (USB) is housed right in the back of the pup. Once upon a time the cord was not attached. Be thankful it can't get lost with these newer models.
4) It plays "Bedtime Music" to which you can decide how many minutes it will play. My kids don't sleep to music so we've never used this feature officially, but they still like to press the paw and turn it on and off and on and off and on and off.

I would recommend this to babies 6+ months up to 2 years. My daughter is almost 4 and still plays with hers, but she's really too old for it now.
on January 5, 2015
I have mixed reviews of the Scout/ Violet product. Two of my children owned these and they were fabulous! Absolutely loved everything about them. From choosing your child's name to personalize the songs and sayings, to being able to choose songs and favorite items, even the battery life (which you can't say about many toys these days).

However we bought another for my third child for Christmas. I was very careful to get exactly the same item, however when it arrived it was labeled as a "new" model of Scout, even though Amazon did not advertise it as such. "Ooh, new = better" I thought when it arrived. Not so. While we were still able to customize my child's name, a favorite food, and a favorite animal, it no longer allows you to choose the songs! Why they would remove this feature, I cannot imagine. My son was deeply disappointed that his siblings were able to choose and change the music line up, while he is not. We considered returning it, but he is a very sensitive child and felt Scout might be sad if we sent him back, and so we kept it.

The way to tell the difference is that the "New" version (where you can not change songs) transfers information through an audio jack, while the older, better version uses a USB cable. Unfortunately, there is no way to tell which version Amazon will send you. So, if choosing the songs is important to you, you might want to head to an actual store so you can verify which version you are getting.
on March 10, 2017
This is cute and my toddler (20 months) likes it, but there are a couple of things that disappointed me. It was easy enough to set up with my iPhone, and I was relieved that they have my son's traditional, but infrequently used name. You also enter in your child's favorite color, food, and animal from a list of limited options. (My toddler loves...tomatoes, but they only had more common favorites such as pasta, pizza, macaroni and cheese, strawberries, avocado, etc.) My little one is very verbal, but I'm not really sure he has a favorite color yet, and how would you know what color a six month old likes. Most of the songs focus on the information you enter. One thing that I had not considered when buying this is that I have two kids close enough in age to share toys, but this is only personalized for one kid. We don't need ,two Scouts, but my older child is a little miffed that Scout keeps calling him by his brother's age. This is soft, though the battery pack is large and hard to contain in the velcro pouch. We also have the Fisher Price Smart Stages Laugh and Learn Puppy, which I feel like has more activities (you can press both feet, hands, an ear, and the belly and with the Smart Stages technology, there is a wide variety of songs and activities). Nevertheless, my toddler likes his Scout, but I would recommend the similar Fisher Price product over this one.
on June 21, 2016
Scout was a good purchase. I bought this when my son was around 6 months old and now 14 months old he still likes. When I turn Scout on the smile I get is priceless. He has other stuffed animals but since this one talks it's by far his favorite. It has quite a few different songs and none are annoying. Which I would give 5 stars just for that alone. The construction good and is of high quality. Scout looks as good as the day we got him. The sound box is located in his tummy and is sealed by strong velcro. So yes the stomach is more sturdy/hard. The velcro is strong enough that little one can't open. Overall, very happy with this purchase. Scout is soft, safe, and gets my son's attention when trying to distract him from things like electrical plugs, etc. Scout is very easy to program with little one's name and has lasted 8 months with no need to change battery yet.
on April 23, 2016
Kids love this. We have given this as a gift at least 3 times to young kids and each time it was great. Fun toy that is interactive and has gotten better over time. Now you have the ability to control the setup via smartphone so you can personalize what Scout says for your child. Very cool to see a kid open the box and then watch what happens when Scout calls them by first name. Can't go wrong with this toy....lots of activities and songs to keep your 6 - 36 month old entertained for hours. My youngest used to fall asleep listening to the songs on his scout almost every night. LeapFrog does a good job of blending fun and education and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase this item again and have recommended it to many friends.
on December 23, 2016
Super cute toy! My oldest got one as a gift 4 years ago. He uses every night at bedtime. It has held up great. Easy to link it up online the first time with your child's name, favorite color, song, food, etc. It comes with the cord you need to connect to your computer's USB drive. Great on batteries. We love that the bedtime music can be played for 2, 5, or 10 minutes with just a squeeze of his paw. Easy for parents and kids to use. Very cute voice. Not annoying like some other toy voices. So, we bought another one for the baby. :) Great price $14. Perfect gift for a new baby or for a one year old's birthday. We love Scout!
on July 31, 2016
Scout is the cutest stuffed dog that I have ever seen! I love how easy it is to customize the toy so that it says phrases that includes your child's name. You simply go to the web site included in the instructions and answer a feel questions about your child's favorite food, animal, color, etc. Use the included USB code to attach the stuffed animal to your computer and it downloads the information to the stuffed animal. Close up the back of the animal and give to your child. With a soft touch of the paws Scout will start saying phrases, many including your child's favorites and name. You can touch one paw and it plays soft bedtime music. My grandson isn't old enough to appreciate the stuffed animal yet but my niece and nephew are loving their LeapFrop Pal's. This is a great gift at a great price! Highly recommended.
review image

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.