Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now TG18PP_gno

on August 9, 2012
I bought this to protect the LeapPad 2. No where on the discription does it say it will not fit the second Gen leapPad. I found that out later on the Leap Frog site. The differences between the two are the camera holes and the mic hole. Other than that it is a fine product. Will be returning item after I find the right one.
on October 17, 2014
Very cute sparkly skin for the leappad. Says for leappad 1 but we purchased for a leappad 2 and it fits and works great. All the holes line up great except the microphone hole. You could probably easily fix that by using a thumb tack to puncture a hole in the correct spot but so far we haven't needed to. We currently have 3 of these cases for our three girls. They love them. This doesn't protect the screen but does a nice job of protecting the sides and I feel it softens the impact when our younger daughters accidentally drop their leappads.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on October 20, 2012
My 3 year-old got the LeapPad for her birthday. Knowing how "gentle" she is with all of her other toys, my wife and I felt like it would be a good idea to buy this cover to add some protection and grip to the LeapPad.

The Gel Skin fits the bill well. It has proven to be durable and has been able to withstand the daily torture that my kids put on the device.

The only downside I see to the Gel Skin is the fact you have to take it off to change the batteries in the LeapPad. This is not the fault of the case, but just how the LeapPad is designed. Since the Skin fits so tightly, it can be a little tough to get on and off, especially when the stylus is attached by a string.

Overall, it has held up well in the last 5 months of use and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to add a little protection to the LeapPad.
on June 5, 2012
This Gel Skin actually fits the LeapPad perfectly. Great quality!! Thick, durable, tight, perfect!

It was tight to get on, as it should be to fit correctly and my daughter (just turned 4), can't pull it off or stretch it (as I feared). She can pull it a little but it is thick and durable and has withstood her thus far. She loves the purple color too. It has sparkles on it which is even more of a plus for her. It is soft and durable- perfect. Plus... it gives her a better grip of the LeapPad.

I don't allow her to mistreat her toys, especially this toy, but she is young and on occassion I catch her carrying the LeapPad by the pen (tethered to the LeapPad). I cringe but immediately correct her. This Gel Skin has helped keep the LeapPad from further scratching on those occassions the LeapPad does hit the ground-or wall-or what ever is in the way.

My ONLY complaint is minor. With the gel skin on, I have trouble fitting the LeapPad into the purple carrying case (the one with the zipper). It gets in with a little force. On the other hand, without the gel skin, the LeapPad seems to fit too loosely into the carrying case. I'd rather it too tight than too loose so this issue doesn't, in my opinion, warrent one less star.
on November 26, 2015
We bought this for my 3 year old daughters leap pad. For the price we are very happy with it. She's very rough on her tablets so we knew when we ordered her a leap pad we would need to get some type of case. This is a very thin case so it's not going to make your tablet bullet proof but it also adds very little bulk. She has dropped her leap pad dozens of times and it still looks brand new thanks to this case.
It fits very well and doesn't fall off or slide around at all.
on December 28, 2012
We bought our 4-year-old a leappad explorer for Christmas, and wanted to get something to give it a little more protection. After some research, we decided on the gel skin. She loves the purple color (much more girly than the white and green leappad colors), and it fits really well. I like the fact that I had to work a bit to get it on as I know she won't be able to just pop it off playing with it. Highly recommend this product.
on December 16, 2012
The description has now been updated, however this does me no good. I bought this in September and placed it with my christmas items. As I pulled them out today to wrap them I realized that they were different than the 3rd one I purchased elsewhere. No where on the packaging does it say it is only for the first one. I read the return/exchange police - you know, the one that states how easy it is? Well, that statement it true if you find returning the product for 50% of what you paid, PLUS paying the shipping and THEN BUYING THE ONE YOU WANT "easy". However, I don't! I paid ten dollars each for them. Nice one amazon. I may not be shopping here anymore (and if you check my account you'll realize that's not good for you)
on October 29, 2013
We got ours not to protect the LeapPad at all, but mainly to keep the batteries in, since the kids have lost two of the back covers on theirs. For this purpose it works great. If you still have the battery covers on, I probably wouldn't recommend this because it didn't feel like it offered much more protection, and you have to remove it to change the batteries each time.
VINE VOICEon February 17, 2014
This ONLY fits the Leap Pad1! It's a great fit, very secure and adds a great layer of protection. The purple is very bright. It's easy to get on, but taking it off isn't easy (which I like b/c then the kids aren't trying to pull it off all the time). Overall, I'm very pleased with this cover!
on December 28, 2012
I bought two of these for my girls LeapPad1 systems. I had bought the white and green LeapPads for each of them so these gel skins not only gave them a "girly" look, but they help protect the LeapPad too. I had to put a sticker on the back of each of their LeapPads so they could tell whose was whose and the gel skin protects the sticker when I have to wipe down the LeapPad. They fit great. Love them.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.