LeapFrog LeapPad1 Explorer Learning Tablet, pink
|Price:||$88.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Introducing LeapPad Explorer, the personalized learning tablet just for kids!
- 100+ games, apps, digital books, videos and flash cards (sold separately, works with all Leapster Explorer games and apps)
- Includes a built-in camera and video recorder, 5" touch screen and 4 apps (Pet Pad, Story Studio, Art Studio and one of your choice)
- 2GB of memory, enabling it to host a robust suite of apps including: ultra eBooks, Story Studio, Art, Animation and Photo studios
- A broad curriculum, with skill levels that automatically adjust to match each child's pace and remember progress
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
(shown in green)View larger.
Though sleek and thin, the LeapPad can withstand kids' roughhousing and dirty fingers. Designed to be flipped, shaken, and turned by little hands, the LeapPad comes with a tilt sensor for game control that puts kids in the middle of the action. A 5-inch color touch screen makes it easy for kids of all ages to learn and interact.
Built-In Camera Encourages Creativity
Prepare to be amazed by the wacky and touching videos, photos, and artwork that your child will produce using the LeapPad. Voice-guided instructions make it easy for children to edit and share their creations with friends and family. And with 2 GB of built-in memory, the LeapPad has plenty of space to store your budding director's creations.
The built-in camera allows kids to become the stars of their own stories. The Story Studio and Art Studio apps allow children to modify pictures they take and drop them into storybooks. Both apps are free and can be downloaded once you register the device.
Leveled Reading Experience
LeapPad's Ultra eBook are interactive, cinematic experiences designed to guide children through books and immerse them in the joy of reading. Each book is actually three books in one, with different levels and modes optimized to support reading development. As a child builds his/her reading skills, the levels adjust automatically and are remembered from book to book.
The Ultra eBook innovative activities build comprehension skills and expand vocabulary with support features that allow your child to touch a word to see its image, touch an image to see the word highlighted in text, touch words to hear them sounded out, or find definitions in the visual dictionary. All of this with characters that children will love, brought to life through animation that keeps children engaged as they learn.
| Each Ultra eBook features: |
With more than 100 learning games, videos, books, and apps available for LeapPad, it's easy to keep your child entertained on long car trips or at your favorite restaurant. LeapPad has a game cartridge slot for backwards compatibility with the entire existing Leapster Explorer Library, the curriculum covers spelling, phonics skills, mathematics, science, music, geography, and more.
The LeapPad also automatically adjusts learning so that kids can learn at their own pace while staying engaged. They can even practice writing with the included child-sized stylus.
Track Your Child's Progress
The LeapPad's online tool, the Learning Path, allows you to tune into your child's progress and track achievements. You can choose to receive regular e-mail updates on your child's accomplishments, which provide insight into where your child may need additional support and give you new ideas for even more learning fun.
Registration Allows for Maximum Capability
Parents will want to register the LeapPad so that they can download the three free apps and access the online tools. The online tool allows you to track your child's play and learning progress and share your child's photos and creations. Plan to spend about 20 minutes registering, downloading the apps, and helping your child set up a user profile.
What's in the Box
LeapFrog LeapPad with stylus, four apps (Pet Pad, Story Studio, Art Studio, and one app of your choice), extra stylus with tether, USB cable, installation CD, quick-start guide, and instructions.
|Library with 100+ Learning Games and Apps|
Top Customer Reviews
a) I have twins who turn 4 years old tomorrow.
b) They always want to play with my tablet (especially the "Birdy Game")
c) They need their own tablets so they will leave mine alone.
Therefore, I bought each of them their own LeapPad Explorer tablets.
After reading some of the reviews about the other Explorer products, I decided to set these up before their birthday tomorrow. So many people lamented the set up process that I knew I needed to get this done before the actual day. I thought I could take them out of the boxes, get them all set up and place them back in the boxes so that they could open them tomorrow. I had no idea what I was in for.
1) It is a very sad statement about the world we live in that the only way to remove the tablets from their packaging was to completely destroy it (as in totally torn apart and in pieces). I was stunned that every panel of the packaging was glued shut and there was no way to detach it without tearing the cardboard.
2) In order to load the 4th free game and purchase new apps for the tablet, you have to connect it to your computer (trust me, the tablet reminds you several times until you do this) and install the LeapFrog Connect software. Installing the LeapFrog Connect software took 15 minutes with the CD. I'm not sure why. It doesn't appear to be that large of a file.
3) The LeapPads were shipped to me 2 weeks ago and already it has a software update that has to be made before I could get anything set up. Updating the software took over 30 minutes (DSL connection) even though it claimed to only take 15 min.Read more ›
The installation and software update took about 2 hours!!! My daughter had to go to bed before she even got a chance to play with her new toy. The next day she wouldn't stop playing with the LeapPad, and by 6pm we had to replace the batteries. We use 2 rechargeable sets and have been replacing the batteries once every day so far.
Today I noticed some minor scratches on the front of the LeapPad (on the screen and on the casing). You might want to pick up a screen protector (LeapPad Gel Skin is available in October).
The idea of stylus might be a little dangerous for a 4 y.o, but I guess, if you are concerned about that, you can put it away until your child gets a little older.
I have to admit that there is a wide selection of games available for this device, and Explorer compatibility is a definite plus. However, I believe buying an android tablet would've been a better choice. I have seen some sold for the same price as the LeapPad. Even if you spend a little more it might still be worth it, as many android apps are available at no cost. Other companies are also coming out with similar tablets (such as VTech's InnoTab). Nintendo DS is mostly for gaming but it has similar art studio, a camera and a wi-fi and doesn't cost much more (unless it is a 3d model).Read more ›
Both adept at playing w/electronic gadgets- Smart Phones, Laptops. ( of course enjoy other forms of play & learning not using electronics;)
Was excited to buy LeapPad Tablet-because of LeapFrog quality of educational toys, & best learning DVD's.
Disappointed that LeapPad Explorer Learning Tablet did not meet our expectations.
CONS: !) Excessive, "difficult" to Open Package
2)Too Loud-(even at lowest setting)- Purchased earphones for kids.
3) Need computer to Sync & Download b4 use-(30 minutes+-) & to get Apps.
4) Apps-expensive -quality, graphics etc..just ok
5) Eats up batteries (Buy recyclables & AC adapter)
!) Games very good ($18-25) and backwards compatible w/Leapster Explorer.
2) Kids enjoy playing but still ask for IPAds or other gadgets.
3) Leap Pad Tablet is 100% Educational vs. the distractions of movies, other games etc.. on IPad, Nintendo's (these have educational content too!)
Fun, engaging, educational for children 4 yrs+ but long term use w/ ability to grow w/ kids yrs. later like iPad or even Nintendo's Handheld is limited.
What begins as $99 educational toy- easily became an over $200+ w/ purchase of LeapPad Tablet Case$17,Rechargeable Batteries, Games, Earphones, Apps etc..
I will also purchase soon to be released V.Tech InnoPad ($79). I'm curious to compare VTech to this LeapPad Tablet ($99). No camera is included on Vtech, tho and MP3 player is.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My daughter loved the LeapPad1. It had tons of games to play (purchased separately). Easy to navigate and not easy to break!!Published 4 months ago by mamamia1901
works good, games can be expensive and battries dont last long in itPublished 6 months ago by Cari Rice
We've had this awhile about 3 years - and my daughter is still obsessed with it to this day!Published 6 months ago by mea4093