Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ $4.49 shipping
LeapFrog LeapStart Interactive Learning System, Green
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- LeapStart Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten is an interactive learning system that gets kids 2-4 years old excited about everything from counting to problem solving with fun replayable activities that teach life and school skills.
- Designed to help build key skills and challenge kids to get ready for their next step in learning. The magic behind LeapStart is a stylus that reads invisble dots on every page triggering engaging audio like questions, challenges, songs, jokes and more to teach school and life skills in new, exciting ways.
- Progress from Preschool to 1st Grade with 16 activity books that all work on LeapStart. Each activity book seamlessly blends school and life skills, like ABCs and music, for a more comprehensive introduction to key concepts.
- A funfest of touch-and-talk games, creative challenges, problem-solving puzzles, math mazes and more awaits with 30+ activities in every book. Every activity across all 16 books is designed to be played again and again for endless discovery, storytelling, music making, jokes and more.
- Most replayable activities are designed with two levels so that kids can play and learn at the right level and move up when they're ready. Perfect for Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten. Includes: Kid-tough device with easy-hold stylus for little hands and Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten sampler book.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
How it Works:
The magic behind LeapStart is a stylus that reads invisible dots on every page, triggering engaging questions, challenges, songs, jokes and more to teach school and life skills in new, exciting ways.
Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten Learning System
This interactive learning system has 400+ activities that get kids 2-4 years old excited about everything from counting to problem solving with fun replayable activities that teach life and school skills. With a library of 16 books (sold separately), and 50 key skills per level, we’re helping kids build tomorrow’s skills today, in new imaginative ways.
- Best for curious 2-4 year olds
- Includes preschool and pre-kindergarten sampler book
- Easy-hold stylus for little hands
- Handle for easy carrying
- Works with a library of 16 books
Level 1: Preschool
Teaches early fundamentals like ABCs as well as shapes, colors and creativity.
School and Life Skills
Each activity book seamlessly blends school and life skills, like math with critical thinking, for a more comprehensive introduction to key concepts.
Every activity across all 16 books (sold separately) is designed to be played again and again for endless discovery, storytelling, music making, jokes and more.
Touch-and-talk games, creative challenges, problem-solving puzzles, math mazes and more awaits with 30+ activities in every book.
Grows With You
Most replayable activities are designed with two levels so kids can play and learn at the right level and move up when they’re ready.
|LeapStart Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten Activity System||LeapStart Kindergarten & 1st Grade Activity System|
|Recommended Age Range||2-4 Years||5-7 Years|
|Includes||Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten 12-page Sampler Book||Kindergarten & First Grade 12-page Sampler Book|
|Stylus||Easy-Hold Stylus for Beginners||Pen-Shaped Stylus for Proper Writing Grip|
|Activity Book Storage Pocket||✓|
|Built-In Activity Book Tutorials||✓||✓|
|Parent Resource Guide||✓||✓|
|Works With||All LeapStart Activity Books||All LeapStart Activity Books|
|Audio||Stereo Speakers with 3.5mm Headphone Jack||Stereo Speakers with 3.5mm Headphone Jack|
|Memory Size||256MB - Holds 8+ Activity Books||256MB - Holds 8+ Activity Books|
Tap into big fun with the amazing, all-in-one LeapStart interactive early learning system for Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten, jam-packed with key school and life skills for curious 2-4 year olds. The system works with a library of replayable activity books (sold separately) and comes with a Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten sampler book. The LeapStart interactive learning system is designed to help build key skills and challenge kids to get ready for their next step in learning. Get kids excited about everything from counting to creativity, phonics to problem solving, and shapes to social skills with replayable activity books bursting with fun on every page.
Top customer reviews
Setup: It was a little bit of a pain to set up. I needed to find a screwdriver and batteries. I had to find a time when my 1 year old was sleeping. Although I'm 38, my dad had to help me figure out why it wouldn't let me download the LeapFrog Connect onto his (!!) computer. Once LeapFrog Connect was downloaded, it took about 10 minutes for me to download the books I wanted -- and I downloaded more than we bought just so I wouldn't have to go through it again (but I'm super impatient with these types of things). It let me download 9 books plus the starter book (why wouldn't they have preloaded it with at least the starter book???) and I didn't try to add more, but maybe it would have let me.
Price: Wait for it to go down! I paid 33 bucks during prime day, but I am guessing this will end up around 22 in the next few months. The books were 13 but I am guessing they will end up around 7.
Content: It seems really good! I gave it to my daughter before a 2 hour car ride (so she would be a captive audience) and she played with it for more of the time (and then used the hard cover as something to lean on to do drawings). I learned some things I didn't know about various countries and animals listening to her play while I drove. The activities seemed both engaging/fun and educational (but again, she was trapped in the car). It was more than just learning to read -- it had content to help navigate social situations, deductive reasoning type questions, critical thinking/planning/logic games.
Why buy this if you have a LeapReader? I think this might be best for kids, like mine, who are on the brink of reader or are reluctant readers with shorter attention spans who are using the device for more than just reading. If your child, like mine, loves learning little facts (watches shows like Wild Kratts, for example), this would be the better choice. My daughter is more of a "math" person (unlike me!) and loves puzzles and logic games. This appealed to her on that level more than the LeapReader did. I love the LeapReader (except for loading it!!!), but it's always getting lost. It's too soon to tell, but I think we will be less likely to loose this device as it's huge. It is a pain to have to install batteries though, so LeapReader has the advantage there.
My verdict: If you can get it less than the MSRP and if, like me, you have frequent long car rides, I recommend it. If you have more than one child (say a 2 year old and a 5 year old), buy this one because the younger kids' books would work in it too and the pen is large enough for even the smallest hands. I also recommend the LeapReader which you can find really cheap right now (and recommend buying the books to that used as a lot on e bay). I bought the "amazing animals," "cooking math," and kindergarten reading books. My daughter tried the first two in the car and really did love them both. (She didn't realize there was a third bc I had placed it in the "secret compartment" where you can store an extra book in the device). My daughter also liked it that once you complete the first level, the device rewards you by saying you earned the next level (so then you use the same page but the activities get harder).