Industrial Deals Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon soul2soul soul2soul soul2soul  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 19, 2010
Our older Leapster had taken a beating, so I decided to upgrade to the Leapster 2 since it was compatible with the previous series of games. This version seems to be a pretty significant upgrade. The downloadable content is nice, as is the ability to have the child's progress recorded on the Leapster website. The touch screen is more accurate, and the graphics clearer. My three year old is the chief operatorof this device, and he requires quite a bit of help with the games. However, he is a special needs kid, so he is not the best gauge. He can turn it on and change games on his own. He is better with games requiring the pen than those which require the keys to control. My seven year old son, who is a DSi devoteee also likes this new Leapster. I think this game is a good overall diversion, and a fun way to sneak in some learning while entertaining your little one. Ours sees way too many hospital rooms, but it is a nice way to pass some of the time. Games for the Leapster can add up to some $$$, so I hope that this version is supported for some time to come.
17 helpful votes
18 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on November 9, 2017
love it
on March 2, 2015
The game is a good size, very sturdy and easy for my child to use. I had the LeapsterGS already but had purchased about 10 games not realizing they were for the Leapster or Leapster2 so instead of returning them I ordered the leapster2 and my daughter loves it! The only reason I gave it a 4 instead of 5 because compared to the LeapsterGS the picture quality isn't as good. And that's the only reason, it's a great product and my daughter plays it all the time.
on August 4, 2012
We purchased the Toy Story Leapster for my son for his 4th birthday. I came with a download of 2 educational games. We chose a letters one and a numbers one. He played with it nonstop for about a day and then started asking for more games, which cost about $20 each. If you have the money to purchase several additional game cartridges, this is a great toy. But don't expect the child's attention to last very long with just what comes with the system. Graphics are okay, I expected better from the photos online. Durability, great. I have two sons, ages 4 and 5, and they are very rough with their toys. We've had this system for about 3 months and so far it's held up great.
on April 19, 2014
My six-year-old has pretty much outgrown these games, but sometimes still chooses this system over his tablet or Wii. He's been playing with a Leapster since he was three. I've gone through one a year, so they're clearly not indestructible, but definitely last through a few butterfinger moments. I'm sure this one will be his last, since it's probably not sophisticated enough to keep a seven-year-old intrigued for any length of time.
on March 12, 2013
Item came as described, used the disk to download games that came with it, our computer warned us that security does not recommend using it but Leapster Company insisted it is ok so we did and our computer now has something wrong with it and never got games downloaded. Son is 3 and shows little interest. Hope he will use more if we get more games which are hard to find now.
on May 19, 2015
Didnt really care for it i like the v smile better quality...my son even preferred the v smile over this...
on December 26, 2014
It is a little hard to handle for my 3 yr old but other than that it works fine
on September 14, 2014
Loved the price on this and it works great for my 4 year old. Really liked the quick shipping .
on November 9, 2015
Awesome
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question