Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New album by Luke Bryan Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 5, 2016
BOTTOMLINE
For my own peace of mind, I put rechargeable batteries in every toy I can. For the Leapster GS Explorer, this recharger pack is the best available option that I'm aware of at this time.

CONTENTS
(2) rechargeable battery pack sets.
(1) AC adapter

USE
To charge the batteries, you must turn the device off and connect it to the AC adapter. The batteries will not charge while the device is in use, though [it seems] it will use the power from the AC adapter rather than the batteries when plugged in.

STORAGE
The adapter is a bulky, You may have trouble storing it with the game depending on the amount of extra space you have in the storage bag. It's a tight squeeze for us in this (LeapFrog LeapsterGS Explorer Fashion Handbag) storage bag.

MY 2-CENTS
Investing in this recharge pack allows for the ease of recharging without removing the batteries from the pack (which means, if you have the gel cover, not having to remove it prolonging its life). I like that play can continue once the batteries die using the AC adapter, however, I do not like that the batteries do not recharge during play. Given that the battery pack is made by the manufacturer specifically for this device coupled with the cost, the inability to charge during play was a major factor in my rating.

We generally get a few days of play from it on a single charge (I will pay closer attention to this to update with a estimation on hours now that we've owned the item for a year).
on October 24, 2012
If your kid has an LeapFrog LeapsterGS Explorer, this is a great addition. You will save on batteries. It is very easy to use. All you need to do is place the battery pack in where you would normally put the batteries, then all you have to do is plug the LeaosterGS in with the included plug, and it charges the battery pack. No need to be wasting money on batteries. It will usually last the same amount of ordinary batteries and you don't need to replace batteries.

It is definitely worth the money, in what you will save in the cost of batteries.
on July 27, 2015
Bought this for my daughter for her kids because the have been going through batteries like crazy because they both play with their Leap Frogs. This has been a great help. Need more plug in items with any or all of the toys. Worth the price.
on March 4, 2013
I purchased this for my three year old for Christmas. I was able to get the GS for $39.99 (a wonderful deal) and also purchased the charger for $12.99 on amazon right before Christmas. These great prices made this choice a no brainer.

I opted for the charger after reading reviews about how quickly batteries are drained and how difficult it was to open the battery compartment (which ended up being very true). It was a great choice. It is much easier to plug the GS in when it needs charging then to change out the batteries. It even saves the trouble of keeping with rechargable batteries.

This lets my son to have as much uninterrupted play as he would like and I will allow, without either of us getting frustrated. I am very happy with this purchase
on March 3, 2016
This product has been a huge surprise with rechargeable batteries that last for a long time my child received the leapster gs for Christmas and plays it quite frequently at least 2-3 times a week and with the rechargeable batteries we have only had to charge it three times since! Perfect for saving money and not having to charge again and child have to wait again
on November 17, 2015
I bought two of these, 2 years ago, to go with my kids Christmas gift. Amazing. I would've spent so much more in batteries by now. They are still working wonderfully! They hold a charge for quite a while. Sometimes they play for hours, then don't touch the ir leapster for a week and they are still charged with lots of play time. I definitely recommend this charging set. It was worth my money.
on May 27, 2016
So happy to have found this product! Between my two older kids their Leapster GS's were eating a TON of batteries due to their forgetfulness and not turning them off when not in use. The recharge time is a bit longer than, say, a Kindle, but it's better than spending a fortune in new batteries. Very happy with my purchase!
on March 9, 2013
Regular batteries were only lasting a few days before they would be completely drained. And taking the battery cover off the back of my daughter's LeapsterGS only took a silicone jar opener, a butter knife, & about half a day, so you can imagine how much fun it was to repeat the process every few days!
This recharger pack has saved my sanity. I just wish it came standard with the LeapsterGS. As much as you pay for it, having to shell out another 20 bucks for the recharger pack kinda makes me feel a little violated. But not in a good way.
on January 11, 2016
loved it thanks a bunch
on March 7, 2015
Works great and hold a charge for hours of game play
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.