Top positive review
41 people found this helpful
Packs in a lot of fun!
on December 8, 2012
Purchased this for our 13 month old grand daughter who just loves my ipod touch. I love her very much but just can't let her play, drop and drool on my $300 ipod! Here's what I love:
1. It has no flashing lights. Call me old fashioned, but I think toys today have too many flashing lights. (ADD/ADHD waiting to happen!)
2. Each button has 3 music modes for a total of 12 different games/options
3. One of the music modes is music activity-like-stand on one leg, wave your hands in the air until the music stops, etc. She'll like this better when she's older and GG likes that it's encouraging activity.
4. The alphabet song is a slightly different version than the old school and is extremely contagious!
5. It can be dropped and not miss a beat!
6. It's larger than I pictured it being-easier to not lose.
What's not a big deal to me about this:
1. The screen shown in the ads for the item show a much better contrast level than the item really has.
2.. There is a button in the middle that is tactile, (the round one shown) but the yellow, blue, green and pink buttons aren't buttons, but more like the arrows you have to push on a digital camera to move forward/back. 13 month old doesnt' "get that" yet, but older toddlers would. You'll end up hearing "Let's play some music!" repeated over and over and over (the response to touching the round button) until the child learns how to work the other buttons.
3. Some of the music modes are "created" songs you've never heard and are without words. (but some are familiar and with words, like Old MacDonald, the ABC song, etc)
My grand daughter carries it around like a prized possession, so 5 stars!