Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 31-40 of 43 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 53 reviews
on September 2, 2013
Bought it for my niece. She loves it. It keeps her occupied when her mother is busy. Safe and educational.
on July 26, 2013
Good Product at a good price. Sadly, my daughter just never took to this book. It was still really cute.
on February 14, 2013
Bought in December for my son, 2 months later he still plays with it daily! I adore that it talks to him and he will talk back!
on January 25, 2013
Very entertaining for an infant on up. Very clear sounds and cute pictures. Nice not having to worry about pages being torn!
on February 8, 2013
I bought this and hope my daughter can learn about going to bed herself. However, she is not that interested in it.
on July 13, 2011
what a great toy my grand baby just loves her book and plays with it almost everyday, she had dropped it trowed it and its a sturdy thing that's for sure. great by for the money
on January 18, 2011
There were so many great reviews about this book that I was sure I was going to like it. So I bought 2, one for my 18 month old niece for Christmas (the farm book) and the other (Good Night Scout) for my 8 month old daughter. I excitedly tried each, but was disappointed right away. There are only 3 pages! I was shocked. As soon as the story began, it ended. I understand that this is meant for young babies and toddlers, but even my 8 month old has a longer attention span than that. She loves helping mommy turn pages and while the book is very durable, at just 3 pages long, it doesn't give her much opportunity.

Now the book does tell you that you can push a button to hear more of the Scout story, but without the words in front of you, it fails to ultimately provide one of the important aspects of a storybook, which is sight word recognition.

I also noticed that with other distractions or sounds nearby, the voice from the machine did not capture my little ones attention nearly as much as when mommy and daddy read her a story. I found myself reading the pages after the book to redirect her. You can turn off the sound and just read the book yourself, but then why buy the book except for its durability? It also plays songs and lullabys, but there are many toys out there that do that.

All in all, if you are looking for a book with sound that teaches a story of regular length and captures your little ones attention, maybe you would be more interested in one of the Hallmark recordable storybooks. They are longer and you can record mommy and daddy's voice to them as well as insert your babies name so that they never lose interest and smile with each page turn.
33 comments| 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 12, 2011
My triplets, which are 17 months old, love this Good Night Scout book. They are always wanting to me read the book to them and like getting to push the button on the book.
on January 9, 2011
I bought this little book to go along with the Scout for my fourteen month old granddaughter. She loves both of them.
on January 19, 2011
This book is great with keeping her attention. My LO can turn the pages and the book reads to her.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.