LeapFrog Original LeapPad Learning System from 2004
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Stories suddenly come to life with the light tap of the Magic Pen
- The award-winning LeapPad Learning System teaches fundamental reading skills in a way that keeps your child coming back again and again
- The LeapPad Learning System uses a larger platform
- The library is organized by grade to teach reading, phonics, vocabulary, math, science, music and much more
- Thinner pen designed for preschoolers and kindergartners to introduce them to the magic of books and reading
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your kids can learn by leaps and bounds! The LeapPad teaches beginning readers how to pronounce words by sounding them out. This great learning tool reads full-color animation storybooks to your kids, helping them to identify letters and words. They can play guided games and fun activities. Plus, kids can read and interact at their own pace. Features automatic shutoff. Portable, for learning on the go. Uses 4 AA batteries (not included). Ages 4 and up. Imported.
This talking book comes with an interactive "magic pen" that works like a hand-held computer mouse pointer. Children can opt to turn the paper pages and listen to the story read with different voices for each character. Or they can interrupt the read-aloud session to play with the magic pen (permanently attached with a wire). They can point the pen tip to any word on a page and hear it pronounced, or touch a picture and hear a sound effect (such as "Strike one!" for the baseball bat). Very similar to the popular Living Books computer games, this 10-by-11-inch book is more portable than a home computer. Stories in this set include Lil's Loose Tooth, Richard Scarry's Best Word Book Ever, and Winnie the Pooh in A Sweet Good Morning. The set also includes a paper piano keyboard and map and human anatomy games. --Gail HudsonSee all Product description