Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: LeapFrog Violet My Own Leaptop - Pink (Frustration Free Packaging)
Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Presto! Laundry Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services westworld westworld westworld  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Sports Collectibles

Color: Pink|Product Packaging: Frustration-Free Packaging|Change
Price:$14.63 - $94.00

Showing 1-10 of 1,661 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
VINE VOICEon August 26, 2010
I have three boys, ages 3,5, and 6. They are all in various stages of learning to read...they all enjoy this, but my three year old cannot get enough of it. He jealously guards it, keeping it away from the other two kids, and he arried it around with him...he has learned his alphabet, and now he is learning the sounds the alphabet makes. I thought this would be an OK toy at best, but it has been a huge success story in my house...so much so, that I had to order two more so that hte other boys would have a chance to play with it as well! Even my 6 year old really likes it. Another good product from leap frog. I'm not sure how long this will last though, and I'm worried that my very rough boys will break it. We have had it about 3 weeks or so and it has survived, but I worry about the screen. Anyway, great toy, inexpensive enough that I will probably even buy another one if it does break! THat is how much my boys like it.
33 comments| 288 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 24, 2014
BEWARE! The current version DOES NOT have connectivity!!! I purchased this for my son in 2012 for the same price and he continues to enjoy it. It speaks his name - as well as the names of family members when he checks his "email". This version does NONE of that. You can type the name in - but it does not speak it. WHAT A SHAME. The previous version was so much better. Note that all the rave reviews are OLD!
22 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 10, 2010
We got the leaptop for my 20 month old after finding that most of the other toy laptops were for older toddlers and had a possible choking hazard. This is just right for my son. He had no trouble figuring it out and really loves the music. My only wish is that there was a selection for numbers, but otherwise this is a great toy for young toddlers who like music and letters.
33 comments| 126 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2010
This was the best present we got for our 3 year old granddaughter. Inexpensive, simple and self explanatory it has really helped her learn letters and shapes. Well worth it for little ones.
22 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 11, 2012
This laptop is great for toddlers of all ages. My daughter is 2.5 and LOVES to play on her laptop while my husband or I am on ours. Her favorite part is that Violet knows her name and will sing songs and spells her name to her. She also loves getting emails from mommy and daddy. I would recommend this for anyone looking for a gift for their child or someone else's.
on September 8, 2010
I purchased this laptop for my 14 month old grandson because he is fascianted by my PC and runs to touch it at every opportunity. The LeapFrog is extremely durable as he drops it a couple of times a day and bangs on the keyboard with both hands, but it continues to work. It is really simple to use and my grandson can turn it own without adult help. He is to young to appreciate the educational value of the toy, but he likes hearing his name (his parents personalized it) when he turns it on and when he presses the first letter of his name. I would definitely buy this toy again.
on April 11, 2016
My husband works from home on his laptop, and our 15-month old likes to "help" by pushing his buttons or taking his mouse. We got her this toy laptop, and it has been a wonderfully engaging tool for her. She loves it so much, she totes it around with her even when she isn't playing with it.

You can see from the picture I uploaded that she enjoys imitating her daddy's work by setting up her own little work station. (Please excuse the mess, life with a toddler and a work-at-home dad brings a messy sort of charm.)
review image
on October 9, 2015
I bought this for one of my twins. We already had the older violet version LeapFrog Enterprises 19167 My Own Leaptop Violetof this product from a previous child, so I wanted another one. The older one can hook up to the computer, and you can program it to audibly say your child's name when you turn it on ("Hi, _____!". I wanted the same type of thing with this newer version.
Alas, this does not have this function as it cannot hook up to the computer. You can make it audibly spell your child's name, and their name is written on the screen, but it no longer greets them with their own name.
My kids miss this feature, and I'm not sure why they skipped this on the new one.
The new one does have a few more songs and additional games/ etc, so that is nice, but still was hoping it was the same as the old one.
on November 15, 2010
I purchased this to bring along on a 5 day vacation with my 17 month old. It was a fantastic choice - he loved it! It was a great distraction (on the lower volume setting) at restaurants, and a good way to keep him entertained at moments in the hotel room when my husband and I got ourselves ready for our busy days out and about. It came in handy during the 5+ hour drive, as well. It seems pretty sturdy, having so far been tossed onto multiple floors, banged against a table, and even dropped onto the concrete of a rest stop parking lot. Sure, at 17 months, he's too young to really get much out of the alphabet setting, but the music and animal sounds are a big hit. He mimics the animal noises and dances around when he triggers a song. I look forward to him enjoying this toy for many months to come.
on November 12, 2010
We bought this for our son two months ago at 18 months old. We decided to invest in the LeapFrog Scout toys so he recognizes the theme. Nevertheless our son is an avid button-pusher and music lover and this toy is perfect at capturing those interests at this stage of development. He carries it everywhere and it's great for on-the-go fun.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.