Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts spring Shop Popular Services henriettalacks henriettalacks henriettalacks  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Color: Green|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 303 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 376 reviews
on April 8, 2016
My daughter has had read with me violet for a while now and honestly I she's not as interested in it. when you push the paw or turn it on the same song "My name is violet and i love to read with you..." comes on followed my the winter story. It would be nice just to turn it on and have more control over what button said what. No it just plays those two things over and over again unless I wait for the winter story to end and then push a different number. Very annoying.
on January 16, 2017
The story mode doesn't work. Just makes a "stuck" noise. Kinda like when records would stay in the same place. Is not loud enough, even with the loudest setting it allows. You can't really hear much.
I got it for my daughter because she loves books, but with the story mode broken is of almost no use. The songs are ok but she already has many toys that have songs. So it doesn't work for the reason I bought it.
on February 23, 2014
We purchased this as one of our 17 month old son's Christmas gifts. He already has the regular Scout (whom he sleeps with every night and plays with first thing each morning). He was so excited to see another Scout. The little books are the perfect size for toddlers and since they're board books, they can hold up with toddler treatment. Our son actually likes to stack them up and carry them around. Wherever he puts them, they're usually all together in a little pile, which is saying a lot due to the way he keeps all his other books strewn about. He immediately fell in love with this Scout. He enjoys petting it's head and giving him big hugs and kisses. That alone was super cute.

We really like the way that Scout interacts throughout the story. As our son gets older and his attention span grows, we feel like this will be an even bigger hit.

The toy comes with 5 books. Each book is different and focuses on teaching something unique. We really like the one that teaches colors. On the collar are buttons that correspond for each of the books. On his paws are music and play commands. There are also buttons on Scout's back and the top of his head that encourage specific actions (pet my head to turn the page; pat my back, etc.). There are some fun new songs. The color song is our son's favorite. He loves to dance to that song. The music and story time has two option settings: regular and bedtime. The way the stories are done fit each setting. (Playful vs. sleepy)

We definitely recommend this toy to any toddler. If we could make one suggestion, it would have been to find a way to add on more story books later.
on March 3, 2017
Missing a star but it's my fault. I bought it for my son way to young (2.5 yrs). Other than that it's a great toy. It dosent keep the attention of a toddler.
on March 9, 2017
It has some malfunctions. Like it skips certain commands or repeats itself. Was a cool concept but the touch is too sensitive as well. My so. Didnt like it.
on July 18, 2013
Absolutely love this! Wish it had the personalization like the first Violet. But this dog does so much more, my daughter loves it too <3 when she can't fall asleep at night she uses the story reading and she uses her flashlight pet to see the story books :)
on March 27, 2017
very cute. my special 4 year old absolutely loves it.
on April 6, 2017
Delivered broken. Story mode doesn't work and skips and sounds awful. Returned and ordered a second one. SAME PROBLEM.
on April 20, 2017
Like leapfrog
on April 18, 2017
great learning toy

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.