Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

• Customer reviews

Showing 1-10 of 1,423 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,644 reviews
on October 28, 2016
This is an amazing product! Wish I could give it 10 stars! My four year old is learning so fast with it! It requires correct writing from your child (start and end points) then sounds out the letter sound at the end of each completed letter your child traces. It also has encouraging words at the end of each correctly traced letter or number to make them feel proud. I know my daughter can play on hey own and still be learning.
review image
on December 3, 2013
I am disappointed with this product... the idea of it is fantastic but its function is horrific. Trace the letter or number incorrect - trace a letter 'D' for a letter 'A' and Leapfrop Scribble and write still tells the child that he/she is correct. I think that is awful!
on April 18, 2017
The pad that you trace the letters on just bubbles and fills everywhere, so it's not accurate to what is actually traced. To me, this makes the pad useless to teach a child to draw letters and numbers because they can't see how what they wrote compares to what it should be.
There is also awful and annoying music that plays and even the lower volume level is loud. I could handle the music if it worked the way it is advertised.
I have always loved leap frog products which is why I got this, but I'm incredibly disappointed in this.
review image
on November 13, 2016
Bought this based on a 4.3 rating from over a thousand reviews. Some people have complained that there's no feedback if the kid actually wrote the letter right. That's totally incorrect. There are two modes selected by a switch; Mode 1 is free draw. Push a letter or number, and it lights up LED's in sequence, as well as verbal instructions. Mode 2 actually requires that the pen follow those LED's. There is a sensor in the tip of the pen, and the LED's light up as the pen is drawn over them. So, there is actually feedback to the kid that they're following the LED's to draw the letter, and it would seem that this product is awesome because it does this. Problem is, the pen needs to follow those LED's very, very closely, and the pen can't be lifted as you're following the LED's, not even a little, or it makes you start over. I myself have a hard time getting it to work as expected - it even frustrates me! While this type of letter drawing is a little too advanced for my kids, I can't see this thing being useful even when it is age appropriate. So, in mode 1, it's a noisy curiosity that they pick up every once in a while. Great idea, but the implementation failed.
on October 15, 2016
The 4 year old I got this for already knew his alphabet, but needed practice writing letters. It took several sessions before he understood why it kept telling him to try again (you can't lift the stylus mid-letter, which is tempting when you are trying to see where the light path is). But once he got the hang of it, he was addicted! We kept it in the car most of the time so car-time wasn't boring or wasted time. He still enjoys using it (tracing letters and counting the sparkling dots that show up after each successful trace) even though he's in Kindergarten now.
I wish the cord to the stylus were a little longer.
on June 22, 2016
My 3 year old gets so frustrated with this thing. My 5 year old does too because he knows how to write and the thing keeps making him start over which makes him put it down. My kids hate this thing!
on August 17, 2015
My son gets really frustrated with this. He just turned four and is working a lot on his letters but there's not much room for error on this piece. The pen is awkward for him to hold as well and the short piece that attaches it to the pad is not long enough to give him free range of motion. His lines aren't exactly straight when he traces letters and he never seems to be able to get to the last dot. He then has to start completely over and that's what frustrates him the most. Since he gets the concept of the letter he gets excited and thinks he'll get to go to a new letter and gets upset when the same letter pops back up for him to trace again. I feel the repetition is good for him but he hates it so it's sitting in his toy drawer.
on July 3, 2017
Within just few months of sparing use, the scribble and write pad's writing pad is not recognizing the pen strokes.
My little one is super disappointed and cries out of frustration when he uses the toy. Pls send replacement or fix the current product.
ITEM NO:19139
6011184AG
on October 21, 2016
My 4 year old loves it. So does my 2 year old, but it is a bit advanced for her. She does enjoy pushing the buttons and drawing on the pad, even though she isn't drawing letters. My only complaint is that it is really loud. Even on the lower volume setting. I haven't tried the louder setting because the softer setting already makes me cringe. It would be nice if they had a lower volume option. When we are sitting in our quiet house, we don't need it to be yelling at us. Gives Mama a headache.
on June 1, 2016
For my four year old this learning toy helps with memory of upper and lower case, sounds, numbers too. The tracing part can be slightly difficult to do now but maybe after some practice, before five years it will be a breeze, or close too. It isn't that the gadget isn't sensitive enough or responsive, it is only that some of the quick, unexpected retracing parts and some other turns can catch a kid off guard because starting over for missing one bead of light happens rather quickly... but this is fine since the correct way to write is what it is all about.