Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop now HTL17_gno

• Customer reviews

on December 29, 2015
got it for my 1.5 year old, he isnt into it yet but he loves writing so I know in a few months it will peak more of his interest. Good buy and worth it for a learning toy
on August 6, 2010
I have a difficult time motivating my child to play with this toy on her own. She selects other toys over this one. However, when I sit with her and we both engage, she'll play with it for a little while, according to some minimum I set (e.g. "We're going to do 3 capital letter, 3 lower case letters, and 2 shapes, okay?"). About 5 minutes later, we're all done.

The idea is great, and I love to see her tracing the letters and working on her writing skills. The picture drawing game is good, and guess the letters is fun. But I think my 3.5 year-old needs more rigorous involvement with this toy; it's not something she's going to play with for 20 minutes on a trip in the car. That part is disappointing, but my simply be a function of my kid's likes/dislikes rather than the toy's inspiration.

Seems durable. Screen, sliding eraser, and tied on pen all seem to work well. All in all great concept and design, but appeal to my kid for self-motivated play is low.

OCTOBER 2010 UPDATE: Daycare began emphasizing writing a lot more, and I made an effort to present this toy to her and work with her on it about the same time. VIOLA! She uses it, unassisted, about 10x the amount she was using it when I wrote this review. So, hang in there if your child doesn't take to it right away and try to re-present it while using with the child down the road....
on November 27, 2016
Perfect toy / education for 4 year old.. this is the best tool to teach writing.. thumbs up.. đź‘Ť
on May 23, 2017
my grand daughter took to this imediately
on January 2, 2016
Conceptually this is a great idea for a product to help kids practice their handwriting. However, in practice, it is somewhat difficult to use and clumsy. The length of the cord attached to the stylus isn't long enough for comfortable use, the screen isn't as sensitive as it should be, and the sound quality isn't the best, and it seemed to really confuse my daughter.
My 3-4 year old didn't maintain an interest for very long. There are MANY better options out there.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 9, 2015
We have had this for 1 month and in that time, my 3 year old has learned to write letters because of the Scribble and Write. I am amazed. She just turned 3 (this was a birthday gift) and before she could point out letters but wasn't interested in writing them. Now she will sit there for extended periods of time and use it or when she wakes up in the morning she starts playing with it before she even gets out of bed. I am really impressed with the simplicity and usefulness of this toy!
on October 6, 2016
This product was perfect for my 3 year old son. He enjoyed level 1 and stay on it long time. After 3 months when we moved to level 2 the pad was sticky which means that we couldn't draw any thing. My son got really angry when he start writing because he used to listen the the encouraging words from the frog. However, I don't know why the pad stop working after only three months.
on June 5, 2017
The only thing I wish were different id that I wish it would tell a child which letter to draw, let the child draw it, then check it to see if they got it correct. Other wise, a good learning tool for very young children, they can practice on they're own without fear of getting it 'wrong'
on January 3, 2014
This is great for kids to learn to write both numbers and letters (upper and lowercase). Some of the other reviews have a problem with the fact it doesn't give your child enough time to write. My daughter was 3 1/2 yrs old when we got this for her and she never had that problem. The directions are easy to follow and the lights on the screen show you how to trace. The level to is a little more advanced but that is good.
The only think I wish it had was a little bit longer cord on the stylus. It would make it easier for the kids to maneuver it around. My daughter fights with it a little. It is a little stiff so bending it in a position to write with how short it is a little annoying to her at times.
Overall great product.
on February 20, 2017
Very loud, wish it had a silent mode without spoken directions,