Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Leapfrog Learn and Groove Preschool Medley Microphone
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on November 1, 2009
I was looking for a microphone that amplified my daughter's voice as well as played some tunes. This one did play music, both with and without lyrics but the amplifier is poor and pretty much nonexistent.
on January 3, 2010
I bought this microphone for my kids for Christmas and both them and their little cousins have loved it. It plays a variety of well-known kids' songs that they can sing along to, or they can choose to simply magnify their own voice. What child isn't interested in that? As far as educational value, beyond teaching kids some songs and then Spanish function (which my kids are too young to benefit from - 3 years old and 1 year old), there is very little. However, it is a small, durable, and endlessly entertaining toy that I highly recommend.
on March 3, 2010
Do not buy this if you want to amplify a voice. It says it does but it doesn't. The only thing that gets louder is the horrible music it plays. This is not an exaggeration, there is absolutely no voice amplification. It is very disappointing. Really expected more from Leap Frog and especially for the price.
on May 19, 2012
It is ok and not that far off than expected. The function isn't seamless and I would frustrate a toddler because you have to fidget with it to get it to play the song again. Wish it made their voice a bit louder as well.
on February 12, 2010
The microphone does not magnify your voice really at all and that is what I was hoping for. It is still fun to play pretend with and has lots of songs on it.
on March 4, 2011
This microphone is great for us with toddlers that are loud enough with a lot of amplification. There is a good number of song unlike a lot of toddler toys, and the volume isn't too loud. Also, this is very durable. My son is hard on toys. If you are after a true "microphone", this isn't it. But if you are after a nice toy that allows your child to pretend to be a singer, this is great.
on July 6, 2010
Really not the best toy. We own the Maracas, the Drum, the Guitar, the Learning Table, the magnetic fridge toys, etc. and we really love LeapFrog stuff.

With the exception of this microphone.

My 16 month old likes the songs, and carries it around and plays. But once he puts it down and it "turns off"....he can't just pick it up and press the big orange play button to make it play again. You have to flip the switch from "English" back to "Off" then back to "English" again. Well my kiddo hasn't figured that out - beyond his current skills.

So the toy isn't getting much use at this point. Oh well. Maybe next year.
on April 12, 2011
We have owned this toy for just over 1 year. It is not a favorite in our house, but is played with. Very durable toy. That is easy to use. But, we can not hear our childs voice like we were hoping. Although the songs are cute I wish they had used more traditional songs that could reinforce ones already learned and parents would know them to sing along with. I really like Leap Frog toys and recommend several favorites to friends. But I would caution someone about buying this if they wished to hear their childs voice.
on February 18, 2013
I ordered this product for a small child as a gift. The listing stated 'new' with the picture of a neon green, blue and silver microphone. What I received was a dirty used one in red and yellow with no box! Amazon was good to assist in returning it but I wouldn't recommend the seller.
on February 3, 2010
Toy was delivered on time. Child loves it and it seems to be durable.safe also.he enjoys music more since getting this.