Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. PCB for Musical Instruments $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo Dot Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Just Dance 2018 Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 19, 2014
I have written a few reviews related to the Leap Frog videos out there. I have yet to come across one that I didn't like - this one included. I feel that Leap Frog does an excellent job putting these videos together. They seem to genuinely care about finding the best way to teach young children different lessons.

That being said, I still think Letter Factory is the best one, followed by Words Factory. They just seem to really click with my son.

Phonics Farm is very similar in terms of the lesson being taught when compared to Letter Factory, but Phonics farm doesn't do as good of a job in my opinion. Both videos are aimed at teach children their letter sounds. The one advantage that Phonics farm does have is that it acknowledges both the short and long vowel sounds. There is also an actually point made about vowels which was nice.

All that being said, you probably won't be disappointed with many of the Leap Frog purchases. My son genuinely learns from them and enjoys them as well.
I personally think the Scout series is a bit boring compared to the Tad/frog family series. It's hard to have my boy watch them through. The story is repetitive without enough break/refreshing elements, and the selection of words (animals in the phonics farm in this case) could be much better.
on May 15, 2014
These Leap frog movies are awesome! I can't say enough good things about these movies. It really focuses on what they are learning in the movie. All of these are exceptional movies and my daughter loves them, sings them and is really learning from them! I would suggest these to anyone with small children.
on February 9, 2012
I have a confession to make. When my six year old son is at school, my two and a half year old daughter and I sometimes fire up his Kindle Fire without his knowledge. One of the videos I have downloaded on the Kindle for my daughter to watch is "Leap Frog Phonics Farm". I think it is mind-numbingly boring, but my daughter likes it a lot. It covers the same topics as "Leap Frog's Letter Factory," but in a less entertaining way. The upper and lower case letters are introduced along with their corresponding sounds, and there is also a song about vowels. It is probably good for my daughter to learn the same information in a different format. But if you were only going to choose one video, "Letter Factory" would be a better pick.
11 comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 26, 2014
While I may not love this DVD as much as I love Letter Factory, my 26 month old does and asks to watch it several times a day. I don't feel that it matches up to Letter Factory in its repetition of letter sounds or musical content of either Letter Factory or Numberland- another one he really likes. This DVD mainly features one scenario for the entire length of the program- the friends being introduced to animals according to the letters in the alphabet. It's pretty boring to me but then again, I'm not the target audience and like I said, our son likes it a lot. I just wish it matched up to the other DVDs in it's educational value.
on June 26, 2015
This by far our favorite go to movie for the kiddos! The songs are catchy the screen play is great and the kids really get into it! First purchased this for my daughter for her first birthday and she just loved to watch it and started to sing along next thing we knew she was proficient with her alphabet and so much more! Great buy for the little ones!
on May 26, 2014
If you're looking for videos to teach your child the letter names and sound, get The Letter Factory and the Talking Word Factory. Much better for that. However, this is a great companion video that reinforces concepts in a fun way. My two-year-old really enjoys it. My only drawback is the previews that go on and on and on and on and on. They didn't have any previews in the first Leapfrog videos I bought and these previews make it really hard to get to the main movie in the car where my daughter watches these. It is sooo annoying to me that I'm tempted to give it only one star. Really.
on May 30, 2016
My girl love leapfrog so I bought this for her so that she can learn some phonics and it had proved once again that she love it. She is able to sit down throughout the show and even learnt some of the animal names which I haven't taught her before.

Disclaimer : I received the item at a discounted price in exchange for my honest review
on March 23, 2017