This Excel 2016 book is for users who want to upgrade their basic Excel 2016 skills to true expert level. It will teach you to master all of Excel 2016's advanced features. If you are an absolute beginner you need our Excel 2016 Essential Skills book.
The book is very, very different to any other computer book you have ever read. The Smart Method provides an entirely new and better way to master advanced Excel 2016 features. Here's just four of the many ways in which the book is unique:
- This book won't waste your time by teaching basic Excel 2016 skills that you already know. All of that material is covered already in our beginner's Excel 2016 Essential Skills book. By assuming that you are already able to use Excel's basic features, far more ground can be covered.
- Instruction is logically structured into sessions and lessons. While this makes the book ideal for self-instruction, you can also use it to run your own, highly effective, adult training courses.
- Every lesson is presented on two facing sheets of A4 paper (the pages are much bigger than in any other Excel book).
- Each lesson has a sample file that models a real-world business problem. You'll immediately appreciate the value and relevance of each skill you learn.
Advanced concepts are explained without needless technical jargon. Everything is concisely described in a simple, no-nonsense way. No matter what your background is, this book will enable you to master Excel 2016's most advanced features in a fraction of the time needed when learning from conventional text books.
Here is a small selection from the many advanced Excel skills you will learn::
- Master dynamic tables using automatic, manual, qualified and unqualified structured table references
- Use advanced filters to apply complex logical criteria
- Use Excel's Subtotal feature to create both regular and nested subtotals
- Use formula-driven validations to enforce complex business rules
- Implement a hyperlink-based navigation system to allow users to easily navigate large workbooks
- Create beautiful interactive forms using checkbox, combo box, command button, text box and option button controls
- Record macros with both absolute and relative references
- Use slicers to allow touch-screen users to quickly filter Pivot Tables by multiple criteria
- Understand primary and foreign keys and use them to create both one-to-many and many-to-many relationships
- Understand OLAP pivot tables and use them to analyze data residing in a data model
- Create a 3D Map video tour with multiple scenes using both single and multiple visualization layers
- Use Get & Transform queries to extract, clean and combine data from Web Pages, Databases and Worksheets
- Use Get & Transform to create a de-normalized data extract from a multi-table relational database
Companies who have taken Smart Method courses include:
AOL Time Warner, The United States Army, Daimler Chrysler, Motorola, HSBC, Barclays, American Express, Allied Irish Banks, Imperial Tobacco, Volvo, The BBC, British Petroleum, The Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Unilever, The Institute of Chartered Accountants, The Ministry of Defence, Keele University, Deutsche Bank, HBOS, Transport For London, The Performing Rights Society, Scottish Power, The Office of the Parliamentary Ombudsman, BAE Systems, RBS, The British Museum, The National Gallery, Pokerstars, Marks & Spencer, Virgin, O2, BMW... and many, many others.