|Print List Price:||$24.95|
Save $14.98 (60%)
Learn Like a PIRATE: Empower Your Students to Collaborate, Lead, and Succeed Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
- Daniel H. Pink, author of Drive and A Whole New Mind
"While many teachers tend to be at the helm of the ship, Learn Like aPIRATE is a model for teaching from the crow's nest: having a clearvantage point of the class and its direction, but letting students steer their learning. Paul has recaptured the "pirate" spirit in his own way. Diving into the activities of his classroom, we see how students takecharge of their learning--and how daring teachers make it happen."
- Angela Maiers, Founder of Choose2Matter and author of The Passion Driven Classroom and Classroom Habitudes
"For learning to be relevant and meaningful in the eyes of studentstoday school experiences need to be more learner centric. Paul Solarzhas crafted the perfect guide to help invigorate classroom learningexperiences to empower students to take ownership over their learning."
- Eric Sheninger, Senior Fellow at the International Center for Leadership in Education and author of Digital Leadership
"There are countless books and articles on how to change school systemsto pave the way for 21st Century Education, and most of them are, atbest, wishful thinking for an implicitly distant future. Paul Solarz'sbook is invaluable in that it tells the real life story of how he isdoing that right now in his classroom."
- Gabriel Rshaid, Professional Development Associate at The Leadership and Learning Center and author of The 21st-Century Classroom
About the Author
Recently, Paul was named a Top 50 Finalist for the Varkey GEMS Global Teacher Prize. The Global Teacher Award seeks to do for education what the Nobel Prize has done for science, literature, and peace. He was also named the 2014 Educator of the Year by ICE (Illinois Computing Educators) for his work with integrating technology effectively in his classroom. He earned his masters degree in Curriculum and Instruction from Illinois State University and is a National Board Certified Teacher. He also earned his bachelor's degree in Elementary Education from Winona State University in Minnesota.
Check out the Learn Like a PIRATE website with additional resources at learnlikeapirate.com/
- File Size : 1166 KB
- Publication Date : March 20, 2015
- Word Wise : Enabled
- Print Length : 276 pages
- Publisher : Dave Burgess Consulting, Inc. (March 20, 2015)
- ASIN : B00UZTLRJY
- Enhanced Typesetting : Enabled
- Text-to-Speech : Not enabled
- Page Numbers Source ISBN : 098821766X
- Language: : English
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- Lending : Enabled
- Best Sellers Rank: #313,011 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews: