- Paperback: 225 pages
- Publisher: Pearson ESL; 2 edition (December 21, 1999)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0139194320
- ISBN-13: 978-0139194320
- Product Dimensions: 8.3 x 0.5 x 10.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 3 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,972,320 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Learn to Listen-Listen to Learn, Second Edition 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
A new edition of the best-selling Learn to Listen, Listen to Learn continues to prepare advanced students for the rigors of academic classwork and to offer valuable tips for getting the most from lectures. This text shows how a typical lecture is organized, using actual excerpts and transcripts from 19 authentic lectures covering a wide range of topics.
Also included are:
- Supplementary readings drawn from today's newspapers and magazines for pre- and post-lecture discussions.
- Follow-up writing or speaking and listening activities designed to develop critical thinking skills.
- A three-pronged approach to vocabulary instruction -- defining, using, and retaining.
- A variety of quiz and test questions that familiarize students with the challenges of true/false, multiple choice, and short answer items.