- Paperback: 112 pages
- Publisher: Legacy Learning; Pap/Com edition (November 1, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1450721486
- ISBN-13: 978-1450721486
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 2 x 11 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 12 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,384,422 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Learn & Master Piano: Book + 5-CD + 10-DVD Pack Pap/Com Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
SUMMARY: Older editions (pre 2010) have 14 DVDs and the Piano Workshops are included. Newer STANDARD Editions have 10 DVDs and the Piano Workshops are sold separately. Newer EXPANDED Editions have 20 DVDs which include the Piano Workshops.
Confusing?? Yes, it can be. I hope my comment helps to clear things up.
However, I feel the need to post a review to point out that even though the product picture shows 2 boxes, what you are really getting is 1 box (10 DVD and 5 play along, interestingly the picture does show the correct count of discs). I know the description does say 10 DVD and 5 playalong but it's hard to "see it" unless you are aware of it.
The 2nd box that doesn't come with this purchase is 10 DVD of workshop; which you'll find if you look for it "Learn & Master Piano Bonus Workshops by Will Barrow", it's another $89, which makes the complete package a $180 (give or take since Amazon prices change often) purchase.
Amazon actually doesn't carry the full 2 boxes package (as of the time of this review), you will however find the original edition with 14 DVD and 5 playalong CD package going for around $170ish.
If you go to learn and master [...], you'll find that the full package costs $149 (20 DVD, 5 playalong).
1) Instead of focusing on what you should be learning, the instructor often shows off his professional skills instead of really teaching you the basic skills of the piano.
2) Beyond the basic clefs and the notes associated with the two clefs, he really doesn't talk about reading notes that go off the clef, but we end up playing a lot of those notes.
3) Once you get to the advanced units, you really need an 88-key piano. I was playing on a Casio 61-key, so I've had to adjust a few things here and there.
4) There are times when the instructor is almost painfully slow, and then there are times when he goes very fast. It's almost as if he's unsure how to actually pace the course effectively. I really started noticing this in Lesson #12. He starts using more advanced chord positions and often doesn't spend the amount of time necessary really showing you how to finger the chords. I've found it more useful to read the instruction booklet and figure out the chords prior to watching the DVDs.
AND NOW, MY BIGGEST GRIP!
5) When I purchased this set, I made the assumption that this set came with all of the videos necessary to complete this course. Sadly, I was wrong. There is another set of 10 DVDs referred to as the "Workshop DVDs," that do not come with the course. Ultimately, you'll spend another $70 for the workshop DVDs (including postage and handling) if you want to get the workshops. While you can read what the instructor goes over in the workshop within the book, you're missing out on almost half of the learning experience if you don't have the workshop DVDs. After Spending $150 on the basic course, I did not purchase the workshop DVDs. I just think the advertisements for this course should be MUCH clearer to indicate that more purchases are necessary to receive the full course.
This is my impression of the course after completing 18 of the 28 lessons. Thankfully, I also purchased Music Theory for Dummies, which has been a god-send and strong supplement for this course. Often the instructor teaches things within the class but really doesn't full explain them. Having a supplemental music theory book to fall-back on for more information has been a very wise move.
Most recent customer reviews
First, I have the "Second Edition", red-cover disk set, which has the 14 DVDs covering 28...Read more