Learn Portuguese: Rosetta Stone Portuguese (Brazil) - Level 1-3 Set
|Price:||$139.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$60.00 (30%)|
- Access for up to 5 family members
- Download activation key included
- Learn at your own pace with our course that never expires
- Proprietary speech-recognition technology compares your voice to a native speaker 100 times per second
- Access to award winning mobile app for 3-months - available on Kindle Fire HD, iOS, and Android
- Live online tutoring sessions with a Native Speaker - 3-month trial included
- Earbuds with microphone included in box
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Discover the new Rosetta Stone Level 1-3 Set experience
Millions of people around the world have already learned a new language with our award-winning approach. It's no coincidence that Rosetta Stone is the fastest way to learn a language. Our method is effective because it's more than the newest app—it's the result of decades of research into the way people learn best.
Rosetta Stone Levels 1-3 Set
Live Conversation Sessions
What will you learn?
Rosetta Stone Level 1-3
With the Rosetta Stone Level 1-3 set you will communicate and connect around the world. Build a foundation of fundamental vocabulary and essential language structure. Develop the language skills to enjoy social interactions such as travel and shopping and learn to share ideas and opinions in your new language.
Level 1: 0-50 Hours
Gain confidence by mastering basic conversational skills. This includes greetings, introductions, simple Q&A's, and much more.
Level 2: 51-100 Hours
Learn to navigate your environment and handle basic interactions. This includes giving (and getting) directions, using transportation, telling time, eating out, and more.
Level 3: 101 - 150 Hours
Learn to share ideas and opinions, express feelings, and talk everyday life. This includes your interests, profession, current events, and more.
You’ll learn through immersion—which means you’ll only hear and speak your new language. Without offering your native language for translation, our interactive immersion encourages you to learn more actively than other methods, which means you’ll be more successful.
Our advanced system presents material at the right intervals to optimize your individual learning. The curriculum is sequenced to introduce new skills in a way that stimulates your brain’s natural language learning ability.
Advanced speech recognition technology analyzes every syllable, whenever you speak.
Does the Rosetta Stone solution work?
- Millions of learners around the world have discovered a language with the Rosetta Stone solution—from individuals to corporate clients such as NASA, the US State Department, and more than 10,000 schools.
Rosetta Stone Advanced Features
Rosetta Studio introduces you to real conversation in online sessions with language coaches who are native speakers. Supercharge your learning and experience everything communicating live has to offer.
Rosetta World is a lively online community where ramping up your language skills looks a lot like playing games. Reinforce what you've learned by having a live online chat, or facing off against new friends around the world. Chances are, you'll be having so much fun, you won't realize how much you're improving.
Rosetta Stone on the Go
Learn and practice on the go-or sync and track your progress across multiple devices. Our available mobile apps for iPad, iPhone and Android tablets and smartphones make it easy.
Ready To Dive In?
If you want to learn to swim, you need to get in the water.
It's the same with learning to speak another language. Without your native language for help, you''ll learn actively—which makes you more successful.
Connect with the world. Learn language fundamentals from greetings and introductions to simple questions and answers. Give and get directions, tell time, and dine out. Share your opinions, and talk about everyday life: your interests, your work, current events, and more.
Platform: PC/Mac Disc | Edition: Portuguese (Brazil)
Top Customer Reviews
- You learn how the language is broken down and pronounced. So, you actually can speak it with little to no accent.
- You don't feel like you're "learning", meaning that you're cramming information into your head.
One of my early experiences with Rosetta Stone was after going through level 1 of Spanish. I hadn't really thought I'd learned anything and was feeling "blah" about the product. Then, I was at a Chipotle and the lady behind me ordered a burrito with rice in it. I heard it, and felt there was something weird about what I'd heard. Then I realized she'd ordered in Spanish. And that's what I love about Rosetta Stone: you really learn the language, not how to translate from English into the language.
I know some people complain about Rosetta Stone, so:
- You may feel like you're not learning - you probably are and just don't know it.
- Rosetta Stone is designed to teach you how to converse with native speakers, not write (although you do learn some of that).
- When you're done with 3 levels, you won't be fluent, but you'll have a good basic grasp of the language, and should be able to tell the guy behind the counter at the hotel that you and your friend need a room with two beds when they screw up your reservation. ;-)
- It is hard work learning a language: Rosetta Stone makes it as easy as possible, but it still took me 2 hours a day for several months. The idea behind Rosetta Stone is "immersion", so you're not speed-learning, you're immersing yourself. It does make my brain tired (literally, I feel like falling asleep) after a while. Rest, and start again.
- Consistency is key to getting through this: commit to 1-2 hours a day or you won't get through it.
- Yes, it's expensive, but do the online version and be consistent and it's worth it (see below).
I actually (strongly) recommend doing the online version versus the boxed product. It's a much better deal. BUT, you *must* be consistent. Honestly, if you're not, you're just not going to learn the language, because you really do need to be immersed. If you are consistent, you'll learn it in less than the year you're subscribing to online, so just do that.
Also, they've added extras like Studio and some games - I've never found those of any use at all. Just plow through the card-based lessons as fast as you can, and DO do the writing ones as they're very helpful in getting a grasp of how the language's grammar works and how the words are put together. The boxed set comes with a microphone, but I've used my iPhone headset with the online version and it's been fine.
You get to customize your lesson plan when you start. I picked the recommended plan that included everything (writing, reading, speaking, etc).
I ordered an adapter cable from Amazon. StarTech MUYHSFMM 3.5mm 4 Pin to 2x3 Pin 3.5mm Headset Splitter Adapter - F/M
It works just fine.
All that being said, I have so far been very impressed with how fast I seem to be learning Portuguese. I would have gladly given this product 5 stars if not for the problems I had at the beginning. I do wish there was a Portuguese Portuguese version and not just a Brazilian Portuguese version. I am going to Portugal, not Brazil. My friend that is there says there are differences but it shouldn't be too much of a problem however.
A very nice thing also is that you are permitted to install and use the software on two computers, not just one.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
1 - Great for vocabulary building
2 - Great for learning how to build sentence structure and for learning basic grammar (outside of conjugations for verbs).Read more