- Product Dimensions: 6.3 x 2.9 x 7.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 13.6 ounces
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- ASIN: 1617160857
- Item model number: 27875
- Date first available at Amazon.com: September 14, 2010
- Average Customer Review: 772 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #41 in Software (See Top 100 in Software) Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service. Click here to make a request to customer service.
Learn Spanish: Rosetta Stone Spanish (Latin America) - Level 1-5 Set
|Price:||$149.00 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$100.00 (40%)|
- Access for up to 5 family members
- Download activation key included
- Learn at your own pace with our course that never expires
- Proprietary speech-recognition technology compares your voice to a native speaker 100 times per second
- Access to award winning mobile app for 3-months - available on Kindle Fire HD, iOS, and Android
- Live online tutoring sessions with a Native Speaker - 3-month trial included
- Earbuds with microphone included in box
There is a newer version of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Discover the new Rosetta Stone experience with a Level 1-5 Set
Millions of people around the world have already learned a new language with our award-winning approach. It's no coincidence that Rosetta Stone is the fastest way to learn a language. Our method is effective because it's more than the newest app—it's the result of decades of research into the way people learn best.
Level 1-5 Set
What You'll Learn
With the Level 1-5 Set you will develop your command of the language. From the simple to the complex, gain the confidence to share your ideas and opinions. Develop conversational skills to plan adventures, care for your health and move abroad. Talk about government, work, movies and citizenship. Discuss family and traditions and celebrate success.
Levels 1 and 2: 0-100 Hours
Gain confidence by mastering basic conversational skills. This includes greetings, introductions, simple Q&As, and much more.
Levels 3 and 4: 101-200 Hours
Learn to navigate your environment and handle basic interactions. This includes giving and getting directions, using transportation, telling time, eating out and more.
Level 5: 201-250 Hours
Discuss Entertainment, culture, government, and the marketplace. Level 5 is the place to refine and perfect your conversation skills.
You’ll learn through immersion—which means you’ll only hear and speak your new language. Without offering your native language for translation, our interactive immersion encourages you to learn more actively than other methods, which means you’ll be more successful.
Our advanced system presents material at the right intervals to optimize your individual learning. The curriculum is sequenced to introduce new skills in a way that stimulates your brain’s natural language learning ability.
Advanced speech recognition technology analyzes every syllable, whenever you speak.
Does the Rosetta Stone solution work?
- Millions of learners around the world have discovered a language with the Rosetta Stone solution—from individuals to corporate clients such as NASA, the US State Department, and more than 10,000 schools.
Rosetta Studio introduces you to real conversation in online sessions with language coaches who are native speakers. Supercharge your learning and experience everything communicating live has to offer.
Rosetta World is a lively online community where ramping up your language skills looks a lot like playing games. Reinforce what you've learned by having a live online chat, or facing off against new friends around the world. Chances are, you'll be having so much fun, you won't realize how much you're improving.
Rosetta Stone on the Go!
Learn and practice on the go-or sync and track your progress across multiple devices. Our available mobile apps for iPad, iPhone and Android tablets and smartphones make it easy.
Ready to dive in?
If you want to learn to swim, you need to get in the water.
It's the same with learning to speak another language. Without your native language for help, you'll learn actively—which makes you more successful.
Develop your command of the language. From the simple to the complex, gain the confidence to share your ideas and opinions. Develop conversational skills to plan adventures, care for your health, and move abroad. Talk about government, work, movies, and citizenship. Discuss family and traditions, and celebrate success.
Platform: PC/Mac Disc | Edition: Spanish (Latin America)
Top customer reviews
I studied Spanish in high school and during undergrad (about 6 years ago), so I still know a substantial amount of the language. This program is no good. In the product's page, they advertise " Live online tutoring sessions with a Native Speaker - 3-month trial included". That was not true for me. It has only been two weeks since I received my CD's. I scheduled my first session yesterday. Surprise, surprise. These folks don't tell you that the sessions are "20 minutes" long, you have to schedule them way in advance, and that you are not the only student being "tutored" during that session. Even worse, I was trying to schedule another session yesterday, but I was not allowed to. Yes, just a couple weeks in and somehow, my subscription has expired.
I was directed to contact Rosetta Stone. I used the online chat option to get this cleared up. Some operator by the last name of "Seles", in broken English, said she would be more than happy to give me the info I was seeking. After I waited for several minutes during this live chat, she finally responded. Oh no... it was NOT the answer to my question. She just copied and pasted irrelevant information.
After I told her "look, I already told you I have only owned this program for two weeks and I purchased it brand new from Amazon, why are copy and pasting text that reminds me that I am to have only a three month trial membership?", she then simply directed me to call the Rosetta Stone number, and now she told me that she did not have the info I needed.
I called the number... surprise, surprise.... no one available to help. They work Monday through Thursday at very limited hours.
Besides this issue, I am always getting system errors, the mic is terrible, etc.
I would not recommend this program to anyone. This was a very frustrating experience.
I think many of the reviews that are available on Amazon are from people that only have a brief experience with the product.
This is what I think needs improvement:
1. There needs to be translation into your native language. From the pictures, it is sometimes very difficult to figure out whtat they are trying to express. I wish I could click on the text and read it in English as well as Spanish.
Here's a huge tip. Download the couse content guide for the English version of this course. It's almost the same content and you can read the script in English that cooresponds to your Spanish lessons. You can find the course content guides in the support-download section of the Rosetta Stone web site. The English lesson guide has the content of the core and milestone lessons. It makes a tremendous difference to be able to read the text in English so you know what they are trying to tell you. Also, use google translate.
2. There should be grammar explanations and lessons in your native language as well. They cover grammar by showing you different scenes expressed with different grammar text. It is very difficult at times to figure out why certain grammar is used in certain cases. I think a spanish grammar book would be very useful along with the Rosetta Stone software. My son is studying high school spanish. I looked at his spanish book and it really filled in the blanks on several fuzzy areas that I have at this point with Rosetta Stone.
3. They should give you a spanish-english dictionary of all of the words that are used in the program for reference.
4. Word recognition can be tricky. You can mispronounce a sentence completely and get told the pronuciation was correct, but sometimes single syllable words are practically impossible to score correctly in certain cases.
I feel you can go through the lessons successfully but not really learn how to construct sentences or speak the language in a conversation with a spanish speaker.
I am also testing out "Tell Me More-Spanish" level 1-10. It is much more comprehensive. The program does contain grammar as well as English translations. There are over 8600 Spanish words in the program. I've got about 30 hours into this one, it doesn't spoon feed the vocabulary as well as Rosetta Stone. The learning curve is much steeper. I will need more time to make an evaluation on whether I like Tell Me More over Rosetta Stone. Tell Me More claims that by the time you finish their course, you will have total mastery of Spanish. I spoke with their support staff. One person said she was on level 7 of the spanish program and she can now converse fluently with native spanish speakers. That is something you will not have with Rosetta Stone because it is not as comprehensive.
January 2013, I have just ordered Fluenz Spanish 1-5. The reviews that I've read look very promising. They claim to offer detailed explanations of grammar, verb conjugation, and sentence structure in English.
Update: I've put about 15-20 hours into Fluenz and I'm quite impressed. It seems to start out slow, but that's likely because of my previous Spanish experience. They take the opposite approach of Rosetta Stone. Each lesson begins with a conversation (with Spanish and English subtitles). The next exercise breaks it down very thoroughly in English, word by word, and covers grammar and sentence structure. That is followed by several exercises to reinforce the material. My plan is to complete all 5 levels and then go back to Rosetta Stone for further reinforcement and additional vocabulary. I may also consider online tutoring via Skype. There are programs that offer private tutoring with native Spanish teachers for as little as $11 per lesson
Most recent customer reviews
Is "zuzugod" a) sugar . b) salt . or c) white ?Read more