- Shipping Weight: 4.8 ounces
- ASIN: B00005TQ17
- Item model number: 381415
- Date first available at Amazon.com: June 7, 2004
- Average Customer Review: 15 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,363 in Software (See Top 100 in Software) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
- Discontinued by manufacturer: Yes
Learn To Speak English 2002
- Learn to speak English
- Over 100 lessons build fluency
- Perfect your pronunciation with voice recognition technology
- Adjustable study plan, talking dictionary, cultural video clips, and more
- 4 CD set includes conversational CD
Customers also shopped for
Learn to Speak English is your complete interactive foreign language learning solution. It offers you a complete, in-depth learning system to achieve all-around English fluency. Unique "real-world" conversation simulations and so much more!
Build your fluency in English with this feature-rich four-CD collection. Learn to Speak English's 100 lessons and adjustable study plan expand your English vocabulary and perfect your pronunciation. Choose from a variety of instructional features, including cultural video clips and a talking dictionary. Learn to Speak's voice recording, playback tools, and speech recognition technology let you practice your English, develop your ear, and hone your pronunciation. A conversational CD completes the collection, adding a final polish to your newly acquired abilities.
Top Customer Reviews
2. The on-line help, FAQ and Knowledge base are totally worthless. Don't even waste your time looking for help there.
3. Installation totally locks up a Windows 2000 system. My system was absolutely rock solid and stable until I installed this product. Installation totally locked up the system -- even the mouse didn't move. Be Ware!
4. There are no books or documentation of any kind with this product. If you want any help, you have to go to a web site or use the CDs. If the product kills your system as it did mine, you can't use either. There is no phone number for support.
5. Support is basically non-existant. If you can't figure out how to use the product or if something goes wrong or you get error messages, you are totally on your own to figure it out.
If you're technically astute, you can eventually get the product to work but expect to spend many hours in the process. Once you get it working, it looks like an OK package but it wasn't an easy process here. Again, there is absolutely no where to go if you have a problem.
When this program tested my English, it said that I don't need to take general lessons, and that was all it said. It didn't take me or show me where the advanced level is. I think there is no advanced level in this program.So, that is why I am not satisfied with this program.
Another thing is that it introduces a few phrases/words for vocabulary that are not common. For example: "scorcher" -- who says that?
Anyways, I do like the bird that teaches grammar -- he is entertaining, but he's only in the introductory lessons thus far, it seems.
I use this program to tutor an ESL student in English. I would tell someone else to NOT get it.
who just start learning english. I can't access the Internet
Lessons category from the CDs because all the files are no
longer existed and can't get help from technical support
either since this is an obsolete product. Technical support
is terrible and such a waste of time - You are on your own
with your problem!