From the Back Cover
Learning Design with Alias StudioTools will teach you to build the most efficient designs quickly and effectively. Learn to master the world's most powerful computer aided design software through easy to follow hands-on exercises. Working with consumer and transportation projects, you'll discover the powerful tools at your disposal and learn how to translate your concepts to the screen. You'll understand the power of working in 3D for rapid ideation and collaboration. Make changes simply and quickly with a click of your mouse.Take your design from the concept stage to the final render, ready for presentation. The book explores eight unique projects based on the designs of Fridolin Beisert, Instructor at the Art Center College of Design and Features a gallery of images by students and faculty.
We've even included a 90-day trial of Alias DesignStudio & Alias ImageStudio to help you further develop your skills!
With this book you will:
- Get to know the Alias StudioTools interface
- Model with primitives
- Work with curves
- Learn to trim and fillet
- Learn to create surface edges
- Understand texturing, shading & lighting
- Work with Industrial & Transportation Design Projects
- Explore animation with your Designs
- Troubleshoot y our work
- Build a mobile phone, car, tires, rims, & more...
What you need to use this book
- Alias DesignStudio 13, Studio 13, or AutoStudio 13, or Studio Personal Learning Edition 13
- DVD-ROM drive
- 90-day trial of Alias DesignStudio & Alas ImageStudio
- Instructor-led movies
- Support files
- Alias StudioTools Beginner's Guide
- StudioTools Techniques/Product Design
- StudioTools Techniques/Packaging Design
- StudioTools Techniques/Art to Part
About the Author
In researching the best school for his own ambition and talent, Fridolin eventually went to the U.S. to pursue a degree from the Art center College of Design in Los Angeles, entering as an industrial design student. It was during this time as a student when he started to discover his passion for the design process and creative problem solving. He was awarded scholarships from both Art Center and Alias and also received the prestigious Universal Studios internship, which enabled him to explore his interest in entertainment design. Subsequently, Fridolin received his Bachelor of Science in both Product and Entertainment Design and was recognized with the additional title of "Distinction," Art Center's Highest graduating honor. Samples of Fridolin's work are included in the Alias StudioTools Gallery.