Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 10 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 19 reviews
on December 28, 2014
The very quirky Miranda July created an incredible artistic website with user involvement. This book chronicles the website with photos and stories. If you enjoy her movies such as, Me and You and Everyone we Know, you will also enjoy this book. It's a perfect gift for the artist on your shopping list.
on February 17, 2010
I got this book for my Boyfriend of seven years. We had just relocated to a VERY rural part of Texas from a VERY Urban setting in Chicago. I was afraid we would have nothing to do. A friend showed me this book and I knew i had to get it. I love love love this book. It has given my boyfriend and I so much to do when we had nothing but four walls to look at. I would say that this book has helped us transition into our new lives in Texas as well as helped to build a stronger relationship between us. Thanks to the Authors for this new hope!
on November 11, 2013
This book is really cool, it has a lot of interesting tasks and let's you take a peek into lives of ordinary people. The stories in here are pretty interesting.
on July 29, 2013
This is one of my favorites in my art book collection. The project was super inspiring. I just wish there was more room for more examples of what people made!
on October 31, 2011
Such a special book. It is full of fun and love and life and I love it a lot. Recommended to me by an amazing person, and I value it and read it only in times of great love and strife in my life. So powerful and truthful and human.
on September 19, 2016
saw this at the SFMOMA and really wanted to get it and found it cheaper on Amazon! Loved this book, really shows details of the human experience and made me tear up a little.
on April 26, 2013
All Miranda July's projects are inspiring, creative and sensitive, but this one is really something you should check on it. She's my favorite artist.
on November 9, 2009
What an excellent book! It's every emotion ever. It's a window to the world and compassion.
on February 15, 2015
gratitude.
on February 11, 2010
The thing is, this book is merely a collection of some responses to the assignments online. It is nice to have a physical item connected to the work, but its kindof an interesting question... isn't the whole project partly about online communities? So, everything you can find in the book you can find online. I'm giving it three stars, though, because LTLYM is one of the most beautiful creative ventures I've ever beheld. Unfortunately I think Miranda July has since sold out a bit - notice the pricey pillow cases FOR SALE on her website... just sad.