Discover how to design, build, and test sagas and messaging with NServiceBus
About This Book
- Explore the robust features of NServiceBus to build different endpoints and messaging queues
- Design, develop, and test sagas to handle messages and persist message objects
- Get to grips with the NSB platform tools through this step-by-step learning experience
Who This Book Is For
If you are an Enterprise C# developer who wishes to extend your knowledge of NServiceBus and Enterprise Service Bus in C#, this is the book for you. This book is designed to enhance the education of ESBs and their messaging, whether you are a beginner or a seasoned expert in Enterprise C#, Apex, and Visualforce pages.
What You Will Learn
- Design, develop, monitor, and test messaging and sagas using NSB platform tools
- Familiarize yourself with the architecture of NSB from a conceptual aspect
- Decouple ASP.NET frontend to backend services through messaging using design patterns in NSB
- Get to grips with saga properties and its work flow
- Integrate endpoints into web services
- Understand the basics of IBus and configure it
- Configure, code, and deploy NServiceBus frameworks and APIs in Visual Studio
- Combine NSB with non-C# solutions such as cloud-based solutions
NServiceBus (NSB) is the most popular Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) for C#. This learning guide will equip you with the skills to develop and design NSB sagas and NSB messaging. The first few chapters will discuss the basics of SOA, gradually leading you into the detailed topics of NSB.
In the next chapters, NSB platform services will be covered for monitoring, designing in Visual Studio, and operational pulses on NSB. Many example architectures will be explained using ASP.NET Model-View-Controllers, Entity Frameworks, NHibernate, MSMQ, RabbitMQ, SQL Server queues, ActiveMQ, and MongoDB. Finally, endpoints will be extended using sagas to integrate them into secure protocols such as Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) and C# web services.
By the end of this book, you will be able to design, build, and test NServiceBus sagas and perform message handling.