- Series: The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Graphics
- Paperback: 564 pages
- Publisher: Morgan Kaufmann; 2 edition (August 20, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0123944430
- ISBN-13: 978-0123944436
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 1.3 x 9.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (19 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #38,299 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Learning Processing, Second Edition: A Beginner's Guide to Programming Images, Animation, and Interaction (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in Computer Graphics) 2nd Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Featured TAB titles
Sponsored by McGraw-Hill Learn more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Learn the fundamentals of computer programming within a visual playground!
This book teaches the basic building blocks of programming needed to create cutting-edge graphics applications including interactive art, live video processing, and data visualization.
A unique lab-style manual, this book gives graphic and web designers, artists, illustrators, and anyone interested in learning to code a jumpstart on working with the Processing programming environment by providing instruction on the basic principles of the language, followed by careful explanations of advanced techniques.
From algorithmic design to data visualization, to computer vision and 3D graphics, this book teaches object-oriented programming from the ground up within the fascinating context of interactive visual media and creative coding. It is also supported by a companion website (learningprocessing.com), which includes all examples running in the browser using HTML5 canvas and p5.js, downloadable versions of all source code, answers to select chapter exercises, and over twenty hours of companion video lessons.
Key Features include:
- A friendly start-up guide to Processing; a free, open-source alternative to expensive software and daunting programming languages
- No previous experience required―this book is for the true programming beginner!
- Step-by-step examples, thorough explanations, hands-on exercises, and sample code supports your learning curve
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
I'm a complete beginner at any kind of programming and the first few chapters already have me experimenting with motion and color interactions. Very encouraging if you're new to this as well.