Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 66 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 82 reviews
on August 23, 2015
My son has the original set, so I decided to get him this one in addition. This is a nice sized set and does all the features of the original, plus has the monkey elements, trees, and several other unique features. I did put it together (only 1 x) according to instructions and it was pretty impressive, one single movement makes the entire jungle move. However, my son quickly took it apart and we now pretty much use it like the original. He creases cars and towers using connector pieces and loves placing the wheels not eh board (he is 3). I also like that the set can be used with the other Gears sets. So while some of the comments mentioned that is difficult to put together using the instructions, I have to say I disagree. Yes a 3 year old may not do it himself, but this set still allows for creativity and using it in other ways than just according to the instructional model.
on July 5, 2016
This is an AWESOME toy! Keeps my younger kids busy for hours. We built the jungle exactly as pictured on the box and it works as described. The little monkeys are super cute. Pieces fit together easily and gears turn without a struggle. The kids are able to take everything apart and build their own jungles without a breaking the pieces or becoming frustrated they are stuck together. There are enough pieces in the set for them to play and build their own stuff without a fight over parts. Toy encourages imagination through engineering everything with the gears to move together. If you have kids under 5 I highly recommend this!
on January 6, 2017
I bought this so my 4 year old son could sit and tinker with it. I really like the gears - they are well made and work awesomely with the cranks. The quality is great. The finished product here is also pretty cool to watch. But it requires a lot of parental assistance. The instructions are not like step by step LEGO instructions, they are very small for a child to follow properly. Unfortunately, the loop gear did not work at the end so we lost the full effect. Also, with our set, the cranking wasn't smooth. Some treetops fell apart because the pegs were not locking into the small pillar pieces. After we were done, I was wondering what my son could do with this set on his own. The monkeys and vines are great but I'm not sure if he'll be able to replicate the effect. It's a nice toy but not sure if I'd recommend it.
on December 18, 2015
The toy comes as pictured with all of the pieces and accents. We bought it for our four year old who has pretty good fine motor skills. Within the first play, one of the monkey's hands broke off... which means he can't hang from the vines.. so we were sad about that. The other issue that we've had with the toy is that when you go to use the gears that have the handles on it, to make the gears turn and move... the gear likes to pop off. My son would get pretty frustrated after he took the time to set it up, that he could get a few turns and then have to put the gear and handle back on.
on July 7, 2015
Bought this for my four year old nephew and he loves it! I have been buying him the learning resources gears products for the past couple of years and adding to his collection. He is always playing and intermingling his gears and making what he likes to call his Gear cities. I have done a lot of research on toys and this has been an awesome find for me and my family. I definitely recommend purchasing the gears for your little ones because not only are they safe but a learning tool for them.
on April 10, 2014
Children put their engineering skills to the test in a simply and entertaining way. This is a great addition to the gears set the I already have. The gears snap easily together and students can use their imagination to build exciting, spinning and rotating creations. They can also follow the instructions to create using a plan or just free-build. Either way there are hours of enjoyment from this product. The addition of the monkeys and vines really enhance the experience.

Parts are durable and easy to use. With very little instruction even young children can begin to build.
on January 10, 2009
I love this toy! That being said, it is a bit complicated to put together if you want to follow the directions. The directions, by the way, are a bit difficult to see at times (colors are a little hard to distinguish). In addition, there were some discrepancies I had to address at the end right before completing the design. I have a five-year-old girl, and I had to set most of it up myself. She will play with parts, but the overall large design was way beyond her. She doesn't care, though, and she has fun with it whether it's in the full form or not.

As for me, a former teacher, I am thrilled with the potential educational lessons that this toy could teach. It's good for colors with young children, for one thing. And then, with direction, a child could really practice the basics of physics, as it shows them the whole concept of a gear, not to mention movement caused when they function together. I don't think, however, this is educational without adult direction of some kind. That is not to say that it can't be fun, as my daughter likes it just for the monkeys alone!
on March 2, 2016
They are cool,
Bright colors
High-quality plastic
The child is really like
on May 21, 2017
We are enjoying them till now.
on July 29, 2014
One adult and two 7 years made a mess of this, never did get it together, children went off to video games after about 45 minues

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.