Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 26, 2017
The kids like it. I remember enjoying playing with a "gear toy" as a child, the more the merrier with gears I say! Gears are kind of amazing, aren't they? I wonder who invented the first gears? Anyhoo, as these were a gift I can only say I've been TOLD the kids (ages 5 and 3) are enjoying them. I hope they're instructive and make those little gears in their heads turn a bit more!
on April 11, 2017
a little hard to put the pieces together (for a 3 year old) but super fun and my sone really likes it.... My husband helps our son put together different configurations and both are still not tired of it ;-)
on September 23, 2017
Product arrived on time and are better than what I expected. The grandkids LOVE these gears. . . . (as do some of the "adults"). Keeps the kids occupied and mentally challenged. Colors are great and the item is high quality. Very pleased with this product and plan to expand this set around Christmas.
on October 6, 2016
Bought several of theses sets for my grandchildren.The kids range from 2 1/2 to 5 years old, and all the kids love them.
I especially like that the gears can be used flat for the younger kids, and the older kids can build up taller 3D structures.
on May 27, 2017
My son loves these! We got them when he was 2 and now he's 3 1/2 yrs old and it has grown with him. When other kids come over they all want to play with this! Great to teach building with their imagination. Such a versatile toy!
on February 16, 2017
Oh my goodness, when I bought this product I got it at a great deal. It wasn't in the original box but a plain brown box. (you could choose either but plain box was cheaper). I opened the box and put the gears in a plastic file folder container. JUST GREAT! My grandchild carries the box around to where he wants to play with it and puts it away nicely. THE GEARS are AWESOME. I don't know why I thought they just laid flat, but you can build them vertically or horizontally. You can make canals, towers, almost anything your mind can imagine and the gears work. Coolest and most inventive toy for kids' imagination. This scored BIG with my preschoolers age 3 - 6 and i'm sure above that age would love them too.
on December 4, 2015
Gears; Gears; Gears is a simple yet effective toy for introducing your child's mind to the basic concepts of design and connectivity. The product itself should carry 5 stars, but the issue is with the recipient. This should be your secondary gift to the recipient unless the recipient is your child. If they are your child, they should be used to you disappointing them by now! So know worries Dad. But if you want to maintain the cool uncle status this might not be the ideal gift for you.

During the holiday seasons most children go for the "latest & greatest", which is fine -- they are kids. But supplementing the latest "Furbie" with Gears, Gears, Gears gives the children an alternative after the "sugar" rush from the "latest & greatest" toy wears off.

Not too many children will be too enthusiastic with this product being the only "shiny" object under the tree. But maybe I am underestimating the children I have been around lately.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on December 1, 2016
IT came with 46 gears and 6 square base plates, not with 48 gears and 8 base plates as it was stated in the details of tge product. It is kind of frustrating not to get what you expect. I wont deal with returning it though, too much of a hassle from overseas. Disappointing!
on February 12, 2015
My four year old and I love these. After a few times of us playing with them together he was fine to do it all by himself. Even snapping the green base pieces together.
This, I think, is a great toy to teach cause and effect.
I had thought about buying the gears monkey set, but only being able to put it together one way made me change my mind. There are a lot of possibilities for open ended play with this set. And there's just something entrancing about spinning gears.
on September 11, 2014
My husband was really into building things when he was little, so when we saw this set, we knew it would be the perfect gift for a little boy who's birthday our baby girl had been invited to attend. It was spot on! The little guy LOVES his new gear set! He just turned 5, and so far it seems to be perfect for that age. Great gift for any little boy or girl who likes to tinker!

ETA-corrected spelling mistake