Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on October 16, 2016
This is an ok set, but I was a little disappointed with the compatibility. My son has the learning resources cash register and I thought this would be a good addition to his "store". One problem... the money and cards aren't the same as the cash register. The coins are thinner so pennies register as dimes in the cash register, the coupon card is cardboard and not compatible with the register, and the credit card is also not compatible (although it is made out of sturdy plastic). Given that disappointment and the fact that all but 1 piece of "food" is just a cardboard box that you have to assemble, I'm not thrilled with this buy. My son doesn't seem to mind it, but I do. Things from the same company should be compatible in my mind. If the cards worked with the register this wold earn 4 stars. If the food were all plasyic, then it would be a 5.
5 people found this helpful
on December 17, 2016
My son is 8 and loves to play store. He was always taking stuff off my shelves to set up his little store and thought he would love this and I was right. This provides hours of fun for him along with learning. The coupons and signs that come with this are great and the apron is so cute. He looks just like a little store keeper and has a blast making us shop. Could not be happier with this item.
on October 9, 2017
My daughter loves the apron and signage that came with the set. My only complaint is that the little cardboard box foods are flimsy and won't last long, but that's with any set like this. She's tickled to now have her own store.
on June 9, 2010
Ordered this for my 5 yr. old son on 6/4/10 & received it today...very satisfied with Amazon's speedy delivery. Thank you, Amazon! =)

My son has not stopped playing with his supermarket play set, it has provided hours of fun for him. He loves role playing & playing with money. He already had a cash register & play money (and knows somewhat the value of money)so we switch our role playing-he's the cashier @ times & I'm the buyer/customer @ times. He loves every aspect of it...makes him feel like an adult. He tells me all the time that he can't wait to be an adult. If he only knew how lucky he is to be a kid,lol.

My only suggestion to the manufacturer is to make the play food more durable & not out of cardboard. The juice & milk has a piece of sticky tape on the top(inside part), but it won't stick for a long time & kept coming undone...it was driving my son crazy. So we had to put glue on it & put a paper clip to hold it in place. After the glue dried, we took the paper clip off & it has not come undone anymore. My other option would've been to use staples, but then that would affect the appearance of the play food & it wouldn't be safe for my son's hands or fingers. The only plastic play food item that it comes with is the ketchup bottle. I thought this set was a little pricey for what it comes with (should cost $10 or less), but my son really wanted it & has been a happy camper ever since he received it.
4 people found this helpful
on December 3, 2017
I love it...but I was a little disappointed that my signs were folded up in the box. I am trying to flatten them out. They need to be shipped in another way.
on January 9, 2013
The kids are showing interest in people's jobs and curious to playing store. I thought this would be fun for them. They like it, but since it was a Christmas gift, I think they have been too overwhelmed by everything to appreciate it. It is definitely a cheaper made play set - but the price reflected that. My daughter's favorite thing is the apron - of course, she loves to dress up. It is a fun toy, but not a favorite.
One person found this helpful
on January 5, 2018
My daughter got the Melissa and Doug Fresh Mart for Christmas, and we bought this since it didn't come with any accessories. She loves playing with the money, and arranging the boxes on her shelves. The grocery boxes are cardboard, but they are heavy duty and have held up nicely. Cute set and worth the money!
on February 6, 2016
Bought this to go with a talking toy cash register so my son could "scan" items like a real grocery store clerk. He loved playing store with his brother and his friends. Has everything you can think of, it was definitely a good buy.
on May 8, 2017
The kids love playing store and this helps make it more real and fun for them. I would recommend it the quality was very good.
on March 5, 2017
Gift that was well received and loved !