Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Learning Resources Pretend & Play Teaching Cash Re...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 61% off the $54.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $12.74 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Learning Resources Pretend & Play Teaching Cash Register
|You Save:||$29.07 (53%)|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Talking, interactive cash register helps children practice early math and money skills through pretend play fun
- Cash register features a built in scanner, scale, and coin slot and includes life size play money (coin and bills), credit cards, and coupon card Cash register measures 13"L x 9 ½"W x 8"H
- Four built-in learning activities, each with three difficulty levels, keep learning stimulating and fresh
- Transactions are rewarded with lights, sounds and voice messages
- This cash register recognizes both the included plastic play money and real US currency, helping children learn practical money skills of coin identification and value.
- Part of the Pretend & Play line that fosters healthy early childhood development by helping kids interpret and imitate the world around them. Durable and engaging, our extensive collection of Pretend & Play products will last through years of play Winner of 15 awards
- Frustration Free Packaging: this version comes in a brown corrugate box. Easy to recycle and great for the environment!
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
From the Manufacturer
The perfect addition to your pretend play fun!
Children are introduced to US currency denominations and have fun handling life-size money while they ring sales, take money and make change. The cash register has large buttons on the keypad, making them easy for little hands to press and the cash drawer 'dings' when it opens. This cash register recognizes both the included plastic play money and real US currency, helping children learn practical money skills of coin identification and value. Four game modes and several levels of difficulty encourage children to add, subtract, identify, and match money. The cash register talks, giving children auditory feedback during play. This multi-sensory approach to learning strengthens the skills being taught. Cash register has a built-in scanner and scale, providing additional elements for pretend play. The Teaching Cash Register is a unique, interactive way to target academic math standards.
Set includes cash register, life size money (coins and bills), credit card, and coupon card. Cash register measures 13 inch L x 9 ½ inch W x 8 inch H.
- Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Award (2003-04)
- Gold Award Winner -National Parenting Publications Awards for Children’s Resources (NAPPA-2003 – Tech Toys)
- Dr. Toy Top 10 Best Toys for 2003
- Winner of the National Parenting Center's Seal of Approval (2003)
- Named Nick Jr. Magazine's Best Toys of The Year (2003)
- Energizer Battery- Operated Toy of the Year (2003-04)
- Parent & Child Magazine's Best Toys of 2003
Role playing stimulates children’s imaginations while they learn about the world. Use this cash register to help children learn through imaginative play by running a pretend store. Children can act out what they have observed or experienced in stores, or they can revisit situations that they didn’t quite understand.
Math and Money Skills
The included US currency helps children learn denominations and have fun handling life-size money. Children can learn to identify pennies, nickels, dimes, and quarters along with paper money for $1, $5, $10, and $20. Help children learn to differentiate denominations and then review practical money skills by having children add up purchases, take money, and make change.
Top Customer Reviews
I can see this being a toy she will play with for many years. It has math games that seem like they will be fun and educational. Very nice, oh, and my dad observed that the coin slot works with real coins too!
The negatives... The drawer shoots out quickly and the plastic coins tend to slosh out. Also the weighing tray comes off easily. I'm going to put that away till my daughter gets a little older.
Overall- a great toy!
I see two serious design flaws here. First, this thin metal switch (designed to flex every time the drawer is opened/closed) is easily the most 'exercised' piece on the machine and it was clearly under-engineered for the job. Second, when this piece breaks (inevitable in my opinion) the register doesn't simply quit 'dinging' when the drawer is opened/closed it completely locks up, displays 'Drawer Open' and becomes non-functional. This is inexcusable and a severe design flaw.
To fix this register, I ended up building my own contact switch using some leftover electronic parts/wires so that when the drawer is closed it will complete the circuit and re-enable the register's operating function. My kid was happy, my Saturday morning was wasted (almost two hours), and this review is the resulting outcome.
This design flaw notwithstanding I really like this product. However, anything that doesn't last can only be so good...
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My 6 year old grandson is into playing store and office loves this thing. I had real money in it and he takes it out, bags it and sleeps with it.Published 2 days ago by Jean Watz
Very fun and educational toy. My granddaughter really needed some hands on experience with learning how to count money and this cash register had so many realistic features. Read morePublished 5 days ago by PEG
Unfortunately this cash register stopped working after 2-3 months of minimal usage. I expected more considering how much money I spent.Published 6 days ago by ThuVan Nguyen
This product is great! I love that it has games for the kids and it helps them to learn to use money. The coin bank is great, I like how it teaches kids how to add up coins. Read morePublished 6 days ago by JesMB
This exceeded my expectations. I bought it for my three year old grandson and he cannot get enough of it. He loves pushing buttons. He loves pretending to shop. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Sally C.
Wow what a great toy that they will have for many many years! Only downfall is the yellow piece for weighing fruit keeps coming off but its a minor detail. Great item! Read morePublished 7 days ago by Jenny L.
It's no secret that we have a huge supply of handmade felt foods for our daughter's play kitchen. My parents ended up buying her a grocery cart and this really amazing register... Read morePublished 8 days ago by Kimberly D. Orosky
My kids have this already so I bought this one for a gift. Although this is pricey, it's a great product. It's a fully functional calculator and cash drawer. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Meg Libertucci