Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Listen for a chance to win STEM Starting at $39.99 Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 29, 2016
I bought these for my 3 year old daughter for Christmas. She absolutely loved them! They are exactly as shown in the picture, however they are not as shiny as the picture portrays, which is good. These cute gingerbread men and ladies are made of a high quality plastic that is not absolutely hard, but is not too soft. They scream quality and after 4 months of play still look brand new. I intend on keeping these for future grandkids.

The plastic had no odor whatsoever. Most of the time plastic toys will smell of plastic, but these had no scent. My daughter enjoys counting them, sorting them (boys and girls, similar colors, etc.) and baking them in her play kitchen. She serves these to us for dessert throughout the day. I also bought her the Learning Resources Smart Snacks Trail Mix and these gingerbread men work great with it. The trail mix has holes in it so it can be threaded onto a string. These gingerbread men each have a hole in their hand that my daughter threads the trail mix string through.

These gingerbread men and ladies all snap together as shown in the picture. However, my daughter is unable to snap them together by herself as it is too hard. When she is determined to snap them together, she will lay them on the hard floor and use something hard and heavy to press their hands enough to snap together. The little gingerbread have so many other uses though that the difficulty snapping them together does not bother us at all. An older child of 5 + could easily snap them together.

This is an extremely cute toy with so many different uses for play. I highly recommend this as they are not only fun, but I do not think it is possible for any child to damage these high quality, sturdy gingerbreadies.
on December 6, 2014
Disappointed. The idea is good, but they are very difficult to snap together. Either a better design to make it work as a snap together or eliminate the snap and just make it a sorting item. Having it look like it should snap together, but not really work that detracts from the item. Even as a sorting tool it is only okay, since there are many ways to sort, but only a few to put into the categories.These are made from a durable rubbery material (which means it will last), however, a lighter non flexible plastic would probably be easier to snap together. I was considering purchasing a second one to make it a more effective sorting tool for the classroom, but I think I would rather find something a little smaller (1 1/2 inch to 2 inch) and in greater quantity. Maybe some large gingerbread man shaped buttons or erasers. For those that like the larger rubbery feel, you might consider a bendable gingerbread toy.
on December 26, 2012
Of all the things my granddaughter opened Christmas morning, these gingerbread toys are what she comes back again and again to play with!

Great things about this toy:
Hours of engaging play.
Easily stored and transportable.
Requires no batteries or power.
Wonderful for learning & fine motor skills.
Versatile, & adaptable for many types of play and learning.
Perfect weight and texture.

Less great things about this toy:
She pinched her finger trying to snap two together while flexing them. (left no mark.)
When combined into a circle, they were too big in circumference for her to wear as a crown.
They are too numerous and weighty for a toddler to hold comfortably all at once.
They went on sale days after I bought them.
(not *really* bad things, but that's all I have for negatives.)

My granddaughter is almost 3. In the last 30 hours, she has used them in her kitchen set as cookies, sorted them a hundred different ways, used them for imaginative play (they had conversations), and made shapes with them. The rest of the time, she just snaps and unsnaps them in different patterns. She's done remarkably well keeping them all together. Every 20-30 minutes, she leaves whatever she's doing and comes back to play with them some more. Definitely a hit!
These toys are great for a wide variety of ages. From what I've seen, younger ones like the texture and weight, a little older and they enjoy snapping them together. At her age there's lots to do with them, and preschool to primary grade aged children are liking the patterns, sorting and food play. (The adults were playing with them, too.) They're very durable and will probably last through all the age ranges, too. Provided that the paint is not lead-based, I would put these in the perfect toy category.
This is also a perfect "Grandma's house" toy. It takes up very little space, is fun for many ages and interests, is durable, and engaging. Recommended.
on January 12, 2014
The kids absolutely LOVE playing with these. For the classroom I recommend at least two sets, but I actually have three. The children can sort them many different ways: by hair/no hair, color of shoes, by boys/girls, by caps/no caps, and more. They line them up, count them, and snap them together. These little puzzles serve as inspiration at the next talbe- where children use playdough and cookie cutters to make more gingerbread cookies. These are great to have when you read not only the traditional Gingerbread Man story, but the Gingerbread Girl, too!
on December 26, 2010
This toy is very interesting. Everyone who comes over and sees them remarks on how cute the little cookie people are and how fun they look. My daughter likes to group them into boys and girls as well as sorting them by different colors or designs. They aren't hard to snap together either. She can and isn't even 3 yet. This is a toy I highly recommend. It is also good for imaginative play.
on January 31, 2013
We've been very happy with this toy. It's a good quality, they are even cuter in person, and they have a good "feel" to them. I didn't give it 5 stars only because it's really not a necessity. No one NEEDS 12 little gingerbread guys. But this was the one toy Santa brought our kids and I think it was a good one. We'll pack it away and only get it out at Christmas-time and I think that's good. It's not going to hold their attention (ages 1 and nearly 4 at Christmas this year) for very long, but they've played with it several times. It's safe. It's cute. My 4 year old likes sorting by the different features. I think Santa got a great deal buying when it was on lightening sale for $10 with free shipping. If nothing else, they'll be a cute decoration for years to come. I like decorations that are safe for kids to play with. :)
on May 25, 2017
Wonderful for preschool use!
on January 1, 2009
My 22 month old daughter really likes these. When she plays with them by herself she treats them like any other doll, using them for imaginative play, having them talk to each other and such. When we play together she has a great time finding the "friends". I'll have her find the two green hats or any two girls. She likes to label each of the parts as well.

She is not able to snap them together herself yet, but she hands me the two that go together and I snap them for her. A couple of the holes were a little snug when we got them, but if you put something like a pen through the hole a couple of times it stretches right out (the pegs from our puzzle set were a good fit).

All in all I think this is a great toy, portable, fun for independent and family play and I can already see that it will grow with my daughter.
on August 23, 2017
Goes great with the Candy Construction Building Set! Kindergartners are having fun with these.
on December 15, 2015
Bought these for my preschool and ended up returning them. Difficult to snap together and then some pieces won't stay snapped. A resource such as this has no value if the kiddos can't do it themselves.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question