Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Learning Resources Super Sorting Pie
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:$24.69+ Free shipping

on December 7, 2012
I especially wanted to get this pie for my son because he likes to watch the "Backyardigan's" and I told him this was "The Great Pie". He loves thinking of this pie in that context. I use this pie along with math flash cards to teach him to add and subtract. The pie was bigger than I expected and each counter is about the size of one of those large globe grapes that you find in the grocery store. My son has scattered them on the floor and usually I would be worried that they might end up in the heating ducts but the pieces are big enough they can't get through the grates. The pieces are big but they would still fit in a small mouth so I would monitor very small children with this toy. I love how you can use the upper pie crust to dump all the pieces into so they don't roll away while you are using the bottom part for sorting or counting games. This item is very useful, I recommend it for any child who's parents are either home schooling or trying to help their children practice their basic skills at home.
on January 24, 2016
Great educational, colorful and fun toy! Pie was bigger than I expected - perfect for storing all the fruit inside, together with the 2 tweezers. Nice and compact, but wouldn't give to younger children or those who still mouth things since fruit are quite small. Fruit can be sorted in different ways, sure to keep little one absorbed for quite some time - by number, color, shape and type of fruit. I thought all the orange fruit were oranges until a 3 yr old informed us some were "orange plums" - sure enough, at closer inspection they were apricots! Good for fine motor skills too when tweezers are used. Great Montessori-type learning toy!
on May 2, 2016
This educational toy is awesome! I actually bought it to use with my toddler daughter for learning colors. She is doing well with learning the names and sorting. As she is only 19 months, she only uses it when we are playing with it together as the pieces are quite small. I try to avoid buying plastic toys usually because I hate the idea of them sitting in a landfill someday, but I think she will use this one for years to come and then we can share it with someone else. It really is nice quality and a great learning tool.
on May 22, 2015
We started home schooling our boys and have been looking for good math manipulatives that both my 2 and 4 year old can use and enjoy. This hit the nail on the head for sure. We debated several similar options, to include counting bears, before deciding on this for the price and functionality of it. We love the large, life-like pieces of fruit for the "pie" and the fact that it came with 60 pieces. My youngest child generally knows not to put objects in his mouth, but the large fruit give the extra reassurance that he is not going to pop it in his mouth without my noticing (he has not yet tried this thankfully!).

My boys love playing with this together as well as individually if I'm working on something one-on-one with the other child. The activity cards that come with it range in difficulty (3 double sided cards), so for example I can use the color card for my 2 year old to sort by color and the counting card for my 4 year old to sort by number. I see this being used for a while in our home as the fruit themselves can be used for math manipulatives outside of the sorting pie activities.

Another reason we appreciate this is it exercises fine motor skills using the tweezers to pick up the fruit. Both my kids struggled when they first started using the sorting pie tweezers but have since mastered using them. This is also great for pre-writing skills for my youngest son. If the math and motor skills aren't enough, this pie also brings out my boy's imaginations. They love "baking pies" for mommy and daddy!

Although all the pieces - including the tweezers - fit inside of the pie itself, the pie does not close securely which is probably the only "con" I can think of. If you have a leveled shelf to place it on, this isn't an issue. We keep it in the box it came with so that we can store it upright as this was just more convenient for us. The box is sturdy enough that this has not been an issue.
I'm amazed by the quality of this Super Sorting Pie. The colors are bright, the fruit doesn't feel cheap and it is very detailed. My 3 year old loves it. Inside there a multiple ways to sort the fruit. You can sort by color, by fruit type and counting 1-10. The tweezers to pick the fruit up is a perfect size for my son's small hands, but at the same time makes him work to get each piece picked up. He requests to play with his pie all the time. The pieces and sorting cards all fit perfectly inside with a cute little pie top for storage. I'm very happy with this purchase and can't recommend it enough.
on January 2, 2014
I bought this item for my almost 2 year old and he loved it and started playing right away, sorting by colors (which is the easier for a kid his age). It is great for sorting/matching by color and shape, counting, and patterns. It comes with 3 piece pie, 60 rubber counters (fruits), 3 double-sided activity cards and 2 jumbo tweezers that are perfect for development of motors skills. I would recommend this product to everyone.
on July 28, 2015
I bought two of these for two different grand daughters. From the moment the gift was opened it was a hit. I gave it to my two year old grand daughters and the label says for three or older. From my experience it is a very good gift and would recommend it. My older grand daughter, who is five, said that she has the toy at her preschool and she loves playing with it.
on August 5, 2016
This was really good for teaching my daughter how to sort and count. There are two types of fruit per color, and orange has peaches and oranges, which are difficult to differentiate at first, but it got my daughter to pay attention to detail. I would say wait until 2 before giving a child this or else it will be nothing but "pick the fruits up off the floor" every time. Using the tongs is frustrating at first for kids, but they pick up the finger dexterity pretty quickly.
on February 11, 2012
This is a great toy for helping a preschooler with fine-motor skills. You can also sort by color, shape, and number. The fruit pieces are good-sized and sturdy, as are the pie shell and tweezers. My preschooler really enjoys playing with it and the fruit also ends up being used in various "cooking" projects in the pretend kitchen.
on December 6, 2015
Overall, I really like this product. I've been wanting this game for quite a while, so when the price went down on Thanksgiving I ordered it right away! The pie is a very cute way to store all the pieces and my little girl loves sorting things. It feels sturdy and well made. The "crust" of the pie comes out and you can put the different sorting cards into the bottom. The cards do spin a little but it's not too bad. My daughter is almost two and this holds her attention for about 15 minutes, which is pretty good for her.