Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Alpine Swiss Mens Leather Flipout ID Wallet Bifold Trifold Hybrid Black
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports STEM

Size: One Size|Color: Divided Bill Section|Change

on December 4, 2014
Bought this wallet back in June this year. First impressions were great. However, four months later and it looks like I had it for over 5 years. The leather is cheap and flakes off easily. The license plastic cover is now broken. I bought a wallet in Italy back in 1997 that lasted until just about June this year 2014! Now that was a good quality product for about the same price!
review image review image review image review image review image
22 comments| 190 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2013
This wallet has extremely soft leather and is perfectly designed. The amount of card slots is adequate for a person of any age and the two separate money sections make it easier to separate your large bills and your smaller bills. This is a great product and I would definitely buy again!
on March 5, 2015
I love this wallet. I thought I was gonna get it super dirty & have to get rid of it fast. But over the use of 5 months it only went from light grey to dark.
review image review image
on November 30, 2015
I compared 4 wallets in about 3 hours:

1. Timberland Commuter Brown Bifold Leather Wallet
2. Alpine Swiss Men's Genuine Leather Wallet Slim Flip-out Bifold Black
3. Dockers Mens Extra Capacity Slimfold Leather Wallet, Black, One Size
4. HUSKK Leather Wallet for Men - Credit Card Sleeve Holder

This leather wallet is the the winner!

The longer version…background story I finally decided to replace the wallet my grandpa gave me about 20 years ago. I've replaced parts of it a few times now, and the leather is now so streatched, that cards keep falling out. My next wallet has a lot to live up to, so i bought four of them to compare. In my experiments, I put a full set of personal cards - and then a bunch of business cards and store cards too. I have a lot of cards.

1. TIMBERLAND: 2/5 stars - poor plastic attachment
excellent leather, suede-like, single, but neat stitching
spaces - fairly tight with 4 stacked pockets, but good
2 plastic pockets on flap, stitching already coming apart on plastic
8 inside pockets
2 spade spaces behind inside pockets
12 spaces + 1 bill space

2. Alpine 4/5 stars - flawed design
good storage space (12 + ID +3 slots +bill pockets)
has 2 bill sections
soft outer finish
price
smelly
bulky
slots are little too tight

3. DOCKERS BIFOLD 3/5 stars - cheap feeling, but excellent size
cheap plasticy leather feel, cheap feeling plasticy fabric, smooth, nice embossed logo, double stiching on front
spaces - about perfect, can remove cards with one hand
3 left pockets
1 space under left pockets
3 flap pockets (left side)
1 space under flap pockets (left side)
1 strong plastic pocket on flap (right side)
3 right pockets
1 space under right pockets
12 spaces + 1 bill space

4. HUSKK Leather Wallet for Men 5/5 stars
excellent construction, like the HUSKK's bifold design, but overall much smaller profile, fits well in your hand
spaces are tight, but not too tight like the tommy pockets; excellent construction, minimalist design, exceptional leather
2 left pockets
1 money strap
1 of the pockets also has a clear ID window
fits a lot of cards and cash while staying super slim
comes with RFID blocking technology, which is awesome. Think it should be compulsory for all the wallets these days to prevent electronic theft and pick pocketing

Overall

- the Alpine is beautifully constructed, but flawed in the design - it would be very hard to actually use these wallets b/c some of the pockets don't fit normal credit cards. plus a bit bulky for me.
- the timberland wallet has nice leather, but the plastic is cheap and the overall construction is poor, with stitching broken out of the box
- the dockers wallet is slightly lighter and a millimeter shorter than the HUSKK's bifold, but the dockers construction is shabby at best
huskk’s wallet is an excellent and well sized. there is a difference b/w the two: there is a strap in one version for easy access to the cards, however I found that I can manage getting the card I need quite easily even without a strap; then there is RFID blocking coating tech; as well as metal strap vs leather cash strap and there is a transparent ID window on one of the versions. the design is very cool, subtle, not in your face.

Even though i’m a big fan of the huskk ones, I think one should try and ordering 2 of these together for a final verdict. You have nothing to loose, amazon has 30 day return policy.

Conclusion

The HUSKK's wallets are great! I'm going to try the bifold because it is bigger, holds more cards, and cards are easy to take in and out of it with one hand - but I may come back to the ultra slim version if I ditch some cards.

Packaging note: The packaging on all of these was off, the HUSKK wallet was the only one in a nice, premium yet subtle hard box with a nice inner pouch, see the packaging among their product images.
on December 27, 2012
This is my second purchase of this wallet. I paid about $10 including shipping on Amazon. Quality, feel, and durability no less than the $30+ wallets at the department or big box stores.
on January 8, 2013
A friend purchased this wallet from Amazon for a Christmas gift for me. You can't beat the price for this quality. The size fits my pocket better than the last wallet I had. The leather is soft and I love the fact it holds 12 cards. The window for your driver's license is also nice. Two compartments for paper money is a nice touch. At first the wallet seemed bulky and wouldn't stay closed, but after using it a couple of days it now stays flat. There is space to hold additional items under each 4-card section. I am really happy with this wallet.
44 comments| 131 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 28, 2013
Not sure what the complaints are about smell and feel....this is a nice, comfortable wallet with plenty of slots for your cards. It is a bit big relative to my prior wallet but likely due to the tri-fold nature of this wallet. No real complaints
on May 10, 2013
Quick rundown
Pros
-holds a ton of cards (12 + ID +3 slots +bill pockets)
-has 2 bill sections (I like keeping my receipts separate.
-soft outer finish
-price
-quality (it comes with a card marking it MSRP $45)
(- free bag)

Cons
-smell (I think of it more as a tire type smell, like what a lot of car repair garages smell like)
-(a little) thick (because of card space) and a little big
-card slots a little too tight (though I didn't have too much trouble pushing them in except my thick credit card lightbulb thing from thinkgeek

I was looking for a bi-fold with 2 bill slots but the id window section is nice; most other wallets come with a removable 2 card thing for that.

This came wrapped in paper, in a plastic bag, in the free bag, in plastic in a bubble mailer. The scent isn't too bad unless you try to smell it.

If I run into any issues in the first few months I'll update this review but it seems like it'll be nice
on March 24, 2013
Alpine Swiss wallet is as advertised. Quality leather, quality wallet. I have a leather portfolio, same manufacture that I’ve had for 10 years so I knew I’d like this and I do. If it holds up and looks as good for half the time I will be satisfied. Fantastic wallet for the price.
on March 5, 2013
Well I searched Amazon for a new wallet and used the reviews to make my decision but I didn't make the correct decision. The wallet came triple wrapped. After finally getting the last wrap off the wallet I felt the lambskin and thought, "this feels perfect". The first part I noticed was the bill compartment that had the divider that I hate but knew I would be getting and would deal with it. However when you open it up the divider doesn't have provide enough room to use the first compartment, it is too tightly sewn to the wallet. The second part is open enough to use but there is a large unsewn section in the middle. I next placed my cards in the wallet, another issue. The slots on the flip out section has VERY tight slots. I placed cards there that I use maybe once a month or less. Taking these out will take extra time and effort. The next section next to the flap had slots with a little more room bot not that much. The final section on the right finally had the most room for cards but still a little tight. I do not believe I will ever lose any of my cards from this wallet. Now I closed the wallet and WOW it just sits there open at a 45 degree angle. I believe that this wallet will be too thick for me to sit on for driving. Since I am on my feet during my work day it won't be an issue but I see that this wallet is not a long term replacement but a temporary wallet. Since the wallet is designed to hold all the cards I placed in it I believe it is just a bad design. I have not added more cards or used the spaces behind the card sections. Now since I rarely carry cash, always use my debit card, the cash compartment is ok. However if you carry cash in this wallet I really don't know if you could close this wallet and put in your back pocket. The wallet is beautiful but in my opinion not functional if you plan on using all the card slots. I will start to look for a new one today. I did not return it because it is not defective and my old wallet was dead after fours years. In my opinion if I used this wallet everyday it would never last that long and / or I would damage my cards due to the way they line up in the wallet as I will sit on it

UPDATE>>>>>Well I have been using this wallet now for almost 3 weeks and my thoughts on it have changed just a bit. First the card slots are still very tight. I was concerned about the wallet not being able to shut but due to the nature of the leather it has stretched and now sits flat when it is pulled from my back pocket. I have read others have mentioned the smell and that is true. I had the wallet sitting on my nightstand one day and when I woke up one morning I thought what is that smell? Turns out it was my wallet and no it didn't pick up any smells from being in my pocket. It is the smell from the wallet and after 3 weeks it is still there. I have placed a few bills in the bill compartment but as I stated before because of the number of cards in the wallet, it leaves very little room for cash. I haven't looked for a replacement yet, not that I've fallen in love with it. I am just getting use to it. The overall construction seems good.

Another update>>>>> Ok so it has been over a year since I purchased this wallet and I must say it has held up extremely well. It is nowhere near needing replaced and I have up the thought of looking for a replacement. The only negative I can say about it is the red cover from the cross on the outside of the wallet came off about two weeks ago. The wallet has worn extremely well and the credit card slots have stretched out a bit but not to the point where I would ever worry about losing a single card. I am adding a star to the review. The only thing that I still hate about the wallet is the bill compartment. With all the cards this wallet carries it leaves little to no room to carry actual cash. So while I never fell in love with this wallet I can recommend it for it's quality and it's card space.
99 comments| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse