Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mens Trifold Wallet Extra Capacity 10 Inside Slots 2 ID Windows By Alpine Swiss
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Size: One Size|Color: Black|Change

on December 17, 2012
I spent a ton of time looking at different wallets, since it's something I'll use daily for years to come.

The leather feels great. Appears to be high quality, and I'm hoping it will last me at least 5 years.

The layout is good. All normal sized cards fit perfectly into the slots. Snug, but not too snug. Dual IDs slots is nice if you have more than one form of identification. Easily holds 9 credit cards and two IDs. I like the sideways oriented slots, as I found my other wallets with vertical slots tended to drop cards after a few years of break-in.

The only negative is that the wallet doesn't stay completely closed, even when empty. With that said, I'm sure after a few months of break-in, it'll be fine. I think this has been the case with every wallet I've owned. I've applied small amounts of two favorite leather conditioners, and I'll report back at a later date, assuming that I remember to.

Stitching is all perfect, and it doesn't seem that it'll be falling apart any time soon.

I don't think you could find anything that could compare for under $20.
11 comment| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2014
This is perfect for me. Good looking, try-fold with separators which is my preferred style, and manufactured by a great company (I own many Swiss Gear products and they're always SUPERB quality). This wallet's no different.

My ONLY complaint and the reason I'm giving it 4 stars not 5, is that mine has a minor cosmetic flaw: on the very front there seems to be something round and hard within the "padding" (under the leather), and I didn't notice it till I ised it for a day or two and it began to show, creating an imprint on the leather that's visible. It's small, smaller than the small red Swiss logo, but still noticeable. Had it not been there this wallet would be absolutely perfect. I'll try to take a picture to show you below. You'll notice the round mark on the top or right side of the wallet.

Highly recommended otherwise, best looking/best quality tri-fold I've ever owned.
review image
on January 23, 2013
This wallet is poorly designed for 10 credit cards. When 10 cards and two IDs are in place you can not close the wallet because it is too thick. If you have need for at least 10 card slots skip this wallet and find another.
on June 3, 2013
This is to let you all know that regardless of how many pockets the wallet has, i hardly could close my wallet even with 6 cards..This cannot accommodate more than 4 cards..Please do not buy if anyone is hoping to have 5 cards or more..I really do not know how these products come to the market..Extremely poor.
on February 26, 2016
I've been using a Tri-Fold Wallet for years. The last one I bought wore out in less than two years and I had to remove one of the flaps just to get it to close. This Trifold Wallet is the real deal. I read almost all the reviews, some indicating poor quality, doesn't hold enough, etc, etc. But I must report that I transferred the contents of my old wallet into the New Wallet and everything fit perfectly. I have a lot of plastic cards... credit and identification, as well as lots of paper cards and a wad of cash. Everything fit. I'm not crazy about the Alpine Swiss logo, however I have learned to like it, because it lets me know how to fold the wallet, always having the logo on the outside. This wallet, as it states doesn't have a secondary pocket, but its really not necessary. I put a folded piece of aluminum foil in the pocket, that nicely created a secondary pocket and a security scrambler for preventing credit card theft. The leather is quite smooth and the interior credit card pockets ensure the credit cards won't fall out accidentally. Excellent wallet.
on June 8, 2013
Bought it as a surprise for my husband. He LOVES it. NOW, I have to buy more for our sons WONDERFUL price, EXCELLENT service; design is perfect for cargo shorts and pants (at least theirs). Solidly designed trifold wallets that aren't 'trendy' are difficult to come by. THANKS!

UPDATE: Jan. 2015
Just ordered more! My Son gave away some as gifts to friends at Christmas. Ha ha ha! Good thing I know where to get more before Dad misses them! :-) They really are wonderfully made.
on May 12, 2015
This wallet was a godsend for me. I had to replace my beloved (but very worn-out) old leather wallet of 12 years. I needed something of similar durability, but that would hold a few plastic cards (debit, credit, my drivers license, and a magnetic proximity entry card), paper money, and a few of my business cards, all without having to jamb them into two or three tight-fit wallet pockets. Because I ride a motorcycle part-time, I also needed a wallet that would fit comfortably in a butt pocket and not slip out during the ride. This wallet fit the bill precisely! Each card has its own pocket; the business cards have a compartment of their own where they are kept neatly and uncreased; and the proxy card has its own secure compartment that is still readily scanned by the electronic reader. There's even a see-through compartment for the drivers license. I anticipate that I will own this wallet for at least another 12 years, if not longer!
on August 9, 2014
Just received wallet, and it does not have 2 bill compartments. It was a reason I bought this wallet, and quite disappointing since all the photos and the description show the wallet have 2 bill compartments. Photos and description are not representative of wallet.
on April 1, 2016
I received WORN out "Enimay Genuine Leather Metal Money Spring Clip Horizontal Bifold Wallt ID Holder" in alpineswiss box. This is definitely not what I had ordered. It was meant to be a gift but turned out to be an embarrassing moment when we opened the box.
Very disappointed, definitely do not recommend it to anyone.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on May 2, 2013
This wallet was very cheaply made. I hated it from the moment I unpacked it. It feels like there is cardboard in the middle of the leather sections of the wallet. I only took a chanc eon this cheap wallet because it said it was made out of lambskin leather. well they forgot to mention the cardboard parts of the wallet...I returned it and purchased a Ralph Lauren Polo brand wallet instead.